Old 03-18-2009, 01:18 PM   #1  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Default My mojo has kicked in...

Holy crap.

I've lost 22 lbs. (maybe more - weigh-in is tomorrow morning) and my mojo has come back with a vengeance. I know the outside doesn't quite match the picture on the inside yet, but day-um...I've been feeling like sex on a stick!

Anyone else experience this somewhat baffling but pleasant side-effect of weight loss?
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:27 PM   #2  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

LOL. Sex on a stick... that's cute.

I don't think I am quite to that point yet. I am feeling more confident though, day by day.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:58 PM   #3  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

hee hee yes to all the points you mention!

I am at 22lbs lost too - well, it was 22 on Sunday, 24 today but that's the e.coli talking - I feel stunning on the inside and disappointed by my photos and yup, like sex on a stick. which is kind of rough as an unmarried person in a job that expects their unmarrieds to be abstinent.....
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:28 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennelle View Post

Anyone else experience this somewhat baffling but pleasant side-effect of weight loss?
Oh yeah! I felt MARVELOUS the year I was losing. Every day I stayed on plan meant I was one step closer to ending my misery. Every day I stayed on plan meant I was one day closer to discovering the "real" me. I was EXCITED and felt like a million dollars.

And when the weight started dropping - it just made me feel that much more FANTASTIC. It was proof positive that what I was doing was "working" and I was closer to making my dreams a reality. I felt soo confident and so in control and incredibly feminine and just phenomenal all around. I felt as if there was no stopping me - and there wasn't - It felt very powerful and very womanly and very - sex-y.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 03-18-2009 at 02:30 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:29 PM   #5  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Ya know, I've been waiting for a thread like this to talk about this!

Short answer is....NO, I am not feeling that yet. I'm waiting to. But I wonder what BC method you use...(if it's not too personal to ask!) The depo shot I was on for five years ZAPPED my mojo, it even caused a riff in my marriage. Then I switched to the Pill when the depo stopped being effective and ended up remembering to take the damn thing about 75 % of the time...so anxiety and one preg scare later, still a little gun shy (No pun intended ) then ended up needing an ablation; a simple office procedure, a catheter inserted into the uterus and the lining of the uterus is essentially burned out. you technically can still get pregnant but it won't stick because of no lining for it to adhere to. But we had already planned for a vasectomy, which was done back in Feb.

No one asked for all that did they!? But the point is that soon enough I can get on with it! anxiety free, no more scares, no more artificial hormones, etc. and I can't wait! Plus the kids are getting bigger (a doc once told me "well whattya expect? You're a mom of two small kids and work midnight shifts? That alone will zap your libido") so here's to hopin' it'll be soon!
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

I wish. My libido is in the toilet, & has been for quite some time now...
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:14 PM   #7  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Yes yes and yes. My hubby is VERY happy these days. Very happy. VERY VERY.

that is all.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:18 PM   #8  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseMichelle View Post
I'm waiting to. But I wonder what BC method you use...(if it's not too personal to ask!)
After our daughter was born (she'll be 20 in May), hubby had a vasectomy. I was the same way with the Pill, except it also had the added benefits of weight gain and extreme biotchiness. Depo didn't come out until after hubby got fixed, and I probably wouldn't have taken it anyway. Everyone I've ever known who has gotten the Depo shot has gained a minimum of 20 lbs.

Last edited by Jennelle; 03-18-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/216/145

Height: 5'4.5"

Not feeling it yet but I also just started this journey. I hope to feel that way soon I know hubby will love it since I have almost no libido these days.
Tabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:07 PM   #10  
Getting healthy!

S/C/G: 275/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I am definitely getting the mojo back Especially today. I had a great workout, outdoors in the sun. I'm feeling "thin" and tall today, which helps with the confidence. And overall, I am feeling amazing. Which I think helps. When you feel good, you want to do things that make you feel even better.

Unfortunately, I am quite single at the moment and casual sex is definitely not my thing. I see some serious frustration in my future until I feel confident enough to date again.
enchantedonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:40 PM   #11  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

I was feeling it for a while but its gone now. Reality hit me in the mirror!!!!! But Im a keepin on a goin!!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:48 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

One thing is I don't look in the mirror too often and scrutinized. I'm still over 300lb but because I started exercising again I'm feeling good and yes, feeling sexy. It's back to the old me, kinda Same libido just add 88 lbs. Hubby is very happy these days, regardless of the weight.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:57 PM   #13  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

haha, I am starting to feel better about myself, and I have more energy... and that combination has definitely made me more... mojo-tastic, I guess. I am crazy about my hubby, and I definitely go through periods where I just can't keep my hands off him. haha, over the weekend, we were with his parents celebrating his brother's birthday, and he was walking over to me when we were alone and he was like "Uh, were you just undressing me in your head?" and I was like... "wow, am I that obvious?" so yeah... I love how everything is changing with the weight loss.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:15 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 275/245/140

Height: 63inches

Wow! Sex on a stick! Love it! Actually I have felt sexier too. I think it is from my body changing and then feeling a little more in control of things in my life. Yes, the old man is happy too!
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:03 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

I guess I'm out of it. I didn't know what mojo was
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote