Old 03-05-2009, 04:57 PM   #46  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by H8cake View Post
I didn't tell anyone except my husband and kids at first. People started noticing at about fifty pounds down. After that it's hard to avoid the subject. I didn't tell anyone at first because I was so afraid I would fail. I was very determined to get the weight off, but I still didn't trust myself. Now I'm fine with talking about it unless the person is over the top shocked by it. Then I feel really uncomfortable and change the subject.
You described one of my main reasons for not talking about it. To a T !!!!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:06 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 254/242/199first

Height: 5'6"

I let my family and friends know so I have the support and not sabotage needed to get to my goal. They were with me 10 yrs ago when I dropped 100lbs...so having them with me again is great. everyone knows that Sat is the day I tend to have my extra calories so they don't even suggest treaty food on any other day.
lonegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:34 PM   #48  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 302.2/302.2/160

Height: 5'7"

I told my husband, family, and really close friends, and now my boss knows. But other then that no one knows. Cause sadly I want to "YOU LOOK SO GOOD" moment. When everyone else realizes how much I have lost once I lose all of my weight.
Newlywed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:42 PM   #49  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

I told my parents, my sisters, and my bible study group which is basically my immeadiate world. I have a "thread" on fb that I message every week what the status of my weight loss is. Its accountability for me and encouragement to know that people are there. I dont tell my family how much I am losing or gaining they just know I go to the gym every other day. I by no means shout it but if people ask I tell them. Most of the time I get the reaction "well good for you but I could never do that, that requires too much work." To which I usually think "yeah thats why your still unhappy about your weight"
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:10 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I didn't tell anyone except my husband at first. Now I talk about it when others bring it up, but really try to limit it. I've been down and up too many times to feel okay about much focus from others.

I do take a lot of pleasure in wearing smaller size clothing, and in particular in being able to go into a store and try on a ton of things and they fit.
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:34 PM   #51  

I prefer to keep it to myself. Other than my family, and this forum, nobody knows that I am trying to lose weight. I've tried losing weight in the past and when people found out, they would start criticizing the way I eat and exercise and start giving me all kinds of advice which are, to be honest, kind of unsafe like drinking only soup three times a day. Or eating fruits only until you reach your goal.

Or when they bring food over like pizza and I refuse to have some if I had already eaten or planning to eat something a little healthier, I'm accused of being anorexic.

So usually, I just try to keep it to myself.
AmberShimmer is offline   Reply With Quote