Old 02-27-2009, 03:26 PM   #226  
Busy Mommy

S/C/G: 218/181.5/130

Height: 5'7"

LOL Numina!!! I am in for that mini challenge. I will line dance my behind off tonight at work (which will get in some unplanned cardio) and I will avoid the delicious bread and the regular coke. Strictly water and mb some diet coke if my sugar gets low. I will work out this weekend Saturday and Sunday even if it's just some DVDs at home!!!!

I CAN DO THIS!!!! Thanks Numina for the encouragement.
nicki rose98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:01 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 197/197/150

Height: 5'7

176 wooo and thats with TOM day 2....
WVUFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:32 AM   #228  
Busy Mommy

YEAH ME!!! So far weekend mini goal is doing good.... no cheating at work and I line danced for some of that extra cardio. Tomorrow is just another day - and I'm looking forward to it!!
Old 02-28-2009, 10:07 AM   #229  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

And WVUFan86 steps it out in the challenge with another one pound of fat obliterated! When interviewed, the Lean and Mean squad leader calmly explained:

"I was strolling through the produce section of my grocery store when I saw the slimy little caffler slip in. I followed it to the chips aisle whereupon it began trying to beguile folk into the dangerous area of those so-called snacks. I took me shamrock from out of me hair and tossed it, ninja-like, smack into the little bog rotter. As can only be expected, it expired upon contact."

Here, WVUFan86 paused for a second and then shrugged gracefully: "T'was nothing more than any of our team would do."

Good job, WVUFAN! and KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:14 AM   #230  
yay! summertime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicki rose98 View Post
YEAH ME!!! So far weekend mini goal is doing good.... no cheating at work and I line danced for some of that extra cardio. Tomorrow is just another day - and I'm looking forward to it!!
You are rocking, Nicki --- and maybe rolling, too, what with all the line dancing! Did you know that 3fc sent some video folks to capture your night of Irish line dancing on film? I think this one is your best dances: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgjSI...eature=related. I can't fault the moves, but darn it Nicki, couldn't you have worn green?

I am getting more into this mini-goal myself, thanks to your enthusiasm --- yay Nicki!

Last edited by Numina; 02-28-2009 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:19 AM   #231  
yay! summertime!

And on a more personal note:

Sure and begorrah, the luck of the Irish has finally been sprinkled upon my head for I have moved off my lonely and isolated plateau and rejoined the LEAN MEAN GREEN MACHINE challenge with a loss of 3 pounds since last Sunday! And that puts me into a new decade at 249!

All I can say is

FINALLY!

Old 02-28-2009, 11:30 AM   #232  

Height: 5'4"

I weighed in this morning at 267....woohoo! Congrats to everyone on their losses!!!
crazycurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:41 AM   #233  
Busy Mommy

numina lol!!! You are too funny!!!! Next time I will wear green. LOL. Congratulations on your own loss!!! YOu deserve it!!!! Keep it up girl

crazy congratulations on your loss too!!!!

So I'm down another 1.5 pounds!!!! I am kicking some butt. Actually I've almost reached my goal!! I'm wondering if I shot too low??? Well we'll see if it stays off. About to hit the gym for some tanning and weights then home for cardio!!!!!
Old 02-28-2009, 12:25 PM   #234  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Numina!!!! 249!!!!!! Yayyyyy girl!

Meridith!!!!! 173!!! Yowza girlfriend!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:29 PM   #235  
NEVER EVER going back

Just for my reference tomorrow:

starting weight: 300.4 on the 15th
last weeks weight: 297 on the 22nd
(this mornings weight a day before weigh in): 294.2
Old 02-28-2009, 01:25 PM   #236  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Numina - Sorry that I'm so late in saying this, but I accept your mini-challenge, woman!! And in fact, I already have some good news to report about this weekend--I *did not* binge/overeat yesterday!! This is huge, because I really do have a problem with my weekend eating habits, and last weekend was a recent particularly low point for me... So it's awesome to feel like I'm really, truly back on track again. I stayed 100% OP yesterday, and I really do feel great today... And I was a little dehydrated when I weighed this morning, so the scale was exceptionally kind to me. I confess that I AM planning on having a little bit of weekend fun tonight, because my a cappella group is having our quarterly concert/afterparty, but it's actually kind of a good thing because it helped me to stay OP yesterday.--I kept telling myself "NO, wait until tomorrow!" Lol! So I'm expecting to be back up a teensy bit tomorrow since I'll be having dinner out and a few drinks tonight, and especially since today's number wasn't totally accurate... BUT I am not going to go off-plan, and I am positive that I will emerge from this weekend without an overall gain! WOOHOO! And look at you, missy--you not only lost 3 lbs, but you're in the 240s!! YEA!! It's always sooo freakin' exciting when you make it into a new decade. It's like getting a membership to join a special weight loss club, LOL. Congratulations to you!! Keep up the good work!

nicki rose98 - We will have to hold each other accountable for the mini-challenge Numina gave us, LOL! It sounds like you are already off to an AWESOME start, too--you're already sooo close to your St. Paddy's Day goal, and you still have like 2 weeks to meet it! WTG! And the line dancing sounds like so much fun! I will be having a few drinks at a party I'm going to tonight so I'll have to make sure I do some extra-vigorous dancing to try to make up for the extra calories! Hehe! But my goal for this evening is to have a TON of fun at my a cappella group's concert and the afterparty, but to keep my eating habits in check. A few indulgences, sure, since I was really good this week... But no crazy binging!! Wish me luck! And best of luck to you with the rest of the weekend!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:02 PM   #237  
Busy Mommy

Good luck Meredith!! Dance your booty off girl!!!

So today has been fantastic and it's only 1/2 over. I went to the gym and tanned. Then I did Body Motion (a circuit of weights at my gym). Then I cam home, fed my daughter and laid her down and proceeded to do Workout 1 of the 30DS. OMG!!! Amazing!! I was sweating my butt off when I was done and it kicked my a**. But I loved it. Every second. Jillian is great! Right when I started to feel tired and weaken up a beat she would say some words of encouragement and tell me not to quit and I would push through it. FANTASTIC!!!!!! Didn't have hand weights though so gotta get some of those.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:32 AM   #238  
NEVER EVER going back

starting weight: 300.4 on the 15th
last weeks weight: 297 on the 22nd
today's weight: 294.6 (-2.4 lbs) TOTAL: -5.8
Old 03-01-2009, 02:33 PM   #239  
yay! summertime!

The boys are doing a bunch of stuff to my computer to try and get it moving a little faster (sounds like me, ) so I only have about 4 minutes here. I am actually staying on program this weekend, thanks to this mini-challenge.

CRAZYCURLS --- Tis a wonderful job you are doing, lassie! I have to say that I think we have formed a HECK of a team here and soon we we all have to be called WEE colleens. (Don't forget to pick up a few of those fat-assassinating ninja-star shamrocks for the rest of the week, Crazy --- they can be amazing effective and still decorative!)

NICKI ROSE --- Good for you, sister! You are kicking butt in both the min-challenge and in this whole Mean Green Machine! And I am trying desperately to keep up with you --- LOL! Keep it up!

MEREDITH --- I don't know about you, but it has really been easier to think before I eat knowing that you and Nicki are doing the same thing where you are. Strangely, it really DOES feel like teamwork. So, thank you for jumping into this little weekend challenge and keep that momentum going! Kick some weekend fat behind waaaaaay down there in OnederLand!

HOTMAMA --- You are just amazing. Whenever I feel like this just can't work this time or that I really deserve that awful snack, I just pull up one of your posts and look at the numbers. There it is in black and white, the unstoppable proof that we CAN do this, if we are willing to work for it. So, for your continuing shrinkage and for kicking it hard this challenge.

So, waddya say we come into March like a lion? (Isn't that the saying: in like a lion and out like a lamb?) I am in a sort of kick-down-the-effin-doors, take-no-prisoners, leave-no-witnesses, be-one-with-the-forces-of-nature kind of mood and I think that will translate well into some serious Clan O'Fat slaying.

All I can say to our slimy nemesis is:
DO YOU FEEL LUCKY, PUNK?
Old 03-02-2009, 09:15 AM   #240  

S/C/G: 290/See Ticker/150

Height: 5ft 4 inches

Howdy All! After what can only be described as a frustrating week, I am happy to report that I lost 3 pounds. I wish I was more excited about it, but I was hoping for a bigger number. It seems my body is doing everything it can to hold on to this fat! After yet another thyroid test, I have discovered that it is STILL off. I could have guessed that by the amount of hair I found in the sink, but still... Also, I am retaining water. I am sooooo annoyed. I've also had this cold since, FOREVER and now my 3 year old is running a high fever with it. That means I am not getting much gym time in. I also had to send back the shoes I was so excited about. They didn't fit my broken foot right. That's okay, I am wearing my Land's End Mocs, but they sure aren't as comfortable as real workout shoes would be.
Okay, enough whinning. I got it all out of my system. (Sorta ) 3 pounds is still 3 pounds and any loss is good.
I see we've got some side challenges going on here. LOL! You are a determined lot, aren't ya?!
irishsarah is offline   Reply With Quote