Old 02-11-2009, 07:21 PM   #31  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I'm being a bit dumb today but i have a reason!!

br: cottage cheese/kashi bar, coffee
no snack
lunch: rare roast beef sammich on grainy bread with grainy mustard mmmm
no snack
dinner; soup

now that sounds like not enough food for a big girl like me, but i have a heart-shaped shortbread cookie with raspberry jam that i've been saving and planning for all day LOL it will be mine!!!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:01 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 238/235.4/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
i have a heart-shaped shortbread cookie with raspberry jam that i've been saving and planning for all day LOL it will be mine!!!
Oooh, how yummy!

Well, I'm glad for this thread, because it's very encouraging. So, if I may, I'll jump right in. My meal plan for today (and so far, so good!) is...

B: 1/2 c. nonfat cottage cheese on 2 slices of WW's whole grain toast
with 1.5 c. strawberries. Ice water for drink.
L: Turkey burger with a 1oz slice of provalone, tomato, onion, and mustard on
WW whole grain bread (This was the first time I've cooked with ground
turkey. I made a patty, sprinkled it w/ hickory salt, garlic salt, and pepper,
and pan fried it w/o grease. It was quite good.) Diet coke for drink.
S: Apple & a glass of water
D: 1/4 Meatloaf from WW cookbook, roasted veggies, iced tea w/ fake sugar

I also walked for 40 minutes today. It was a great day. =)
Crystallina 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:37 PM   #33  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

I just popped in here and cfmama GREAT JOB on being on plan for so long! I wish I could do it!
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:47 PM   #34  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Height: 5'7"

Nicole: It’s good to be reminded sometimes how lucky we really are. I hope your company crew in Australia come through all right. Maybe we all picked up a computer virus? Looks like you had a good day planned --- was that chicken teriyaki as good as it sounds? I hope you got into the gym and I hope that the tiredness evaporates overnight.

Schmoodle: Sheesh, sounds like the creeping crud has invaded. Don’t forget to take of schmoodle in all this --- hope everyone is on the mend tomorrow. Good for you for sticking to your plan when everything around you is collapsing into chaos --- you must be a pretty organized person!

MJ5: Ah, ha! They almost had you! The little FatnNasties were whispering in your ear “you don’t need to go today, you are doing so well” but you powered right past them and into your workout. Good job! You should feel sore (in a good way) AND virtuous.

Dumplin: Hey, there! Welcome to the forum! Looks like you already of the hang of this, based on your eating plan AND on the fact that you are already adjusting the eating at one meal to accommodate high calories on a different meal.

RedFlame: Everyone is entitled to let someone else be strong once in a while. You are doing a fantastic job on the eating, so whatever it is certainly doesn’t seem to be interfering. Maybe you are just tired and/or tired of being the one everyone leans on? You don’t have to be strong with us, so vent to your heart’s delight. Let me know how the tabata workout goes --- it looked SCARY to me (think heart attacks, etc.)

Trazey: Now you have me hankering for a cookie of my own! You seem to have a great handle on today’s food --- good planning! I have seen you on other threads, but I think you are new on this one, so WELCOME! I am finding the accountability a real help in staying away from the junk foods.

Crystallina: Another big WELCOME to the thread (I am not sure I have seen you on any of the other threads --- if not, then WELCOME to the whole 3FC experience!) Your food plan for the day looks really good! And good work on that 40 minutes of walking --- do you walk outside or on a treadmill? And it really IS a good day, isn’t it?

I had a pretty good day --- actually drank MORE than 2 liters of water, got my walkies on the treadmill and stayed on budget food-wise.
B: 2 WW toast with laughing cow, V8, grapefruit
L: salad with chicken and almonds
S: air-popped popcorn
D: leftover chicken soup, grapes

We are past the half-way mark in the week, now, so it's time to ramp it up. Pick out your favorite 'FIGHT" song and let it run through your head all day --- a beat to exercise to, an anthem to remind you of how far you have come, a threat to any diversion that tries to come between you and your best health. Have a wonderful day, all, and I will peek back in tomorrow evening!
Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:28 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 238/235.4/130

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numina View Post
Crystallina: Another big WELCOME to the thread (I am not sure I have seen you on any of the other threads --- if not, then WELCOME to the whole 3FC experience!) Your food plan for the day looks really good! And good work on that 40 minutes of walking --- do you walk outside or on a treadmill? And it really IS a good day, isn’t it?
Numina, thanks for the welcome! This is my first day as a member.
I walked outside, since I have no treadmill. (But, strangely, I dreamed about treadmills last night. Maybe I've watched too many episodes of The Biggest Loser. LOL)
Crystallina 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:58 PM   #36  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Hello Hello friends!!!!

Slightly better today. Phoenix seems to be getting a bit better (ear infection) and the period is easing off so it's all good

Numina: I think I love you lol! I love seeing you around on the boards. Your wit and attitude is awesome My song is 7 nation army. I'll belt it tomorrow in honour of you

Nicolen: did you get some sleep? How busy was it there today? I've been reading about the fires in the news... scary!

Schmoodle: how are you feeling today? What about the kids? And scary ex-sister in laws... what's going on with that?

mj5: glad the office is coming along

lottie: just take care of you when you're sick. You're probably not going to eat enough to even come close to maintenance so eat what feels right and easy. Take care of you!!!

Dumplin: welcome welcome!!!!

Redflame: that tabata stuff looks killer! I think I'll give it a try tomorrow. Don't worry about wearing your emotions out there... it happens. *hugs*

Trazey34: I'm lmao about your cookie!!!! Was it good?

Crystallina 27: welcome! Your menu looks yummy!!!

Wormwooddoll: THANK YOU!!!!

Tomorrow day 137 TOTALLY ON PLAN!!! 1500 calorie cycled day

B- 1 cup on track protein cereal, 1/2 cup skim milk, applesauce cup
L- 1.5 cups homemade ground chicken spaghetti sauce and strawberries
s- full fat yogurt and kiwi
D- 1 cup chicken breast, stir fry of peppers, onions and garlic in olive oil, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/2 cup green beans
s- fruit source bar

Have a great on plan day my friends! I'm on my third liter of water right now. Not sure if I'll get four in or not

Last edited by cfmama; 02-11-2009 at 11:59 PM.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:44 AM   #37  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Hi everyone,

Yeah, today was pretty full on. All we did was lodge the claims and force through emergency payments - a forced payment is a payment made on a claim that hasn't been accepted. The system throws a bit of a tantrum when you do that and you pretty much need to force it to work through the warning and override screens. Management don't like us doing that, but in times like this, needs must really.

I made it to the gym and did about 45 minutes workout at around 80% of what I have been doing. Didn't think that was too bad, except when I went to get dressed after my shower, I realised I'd left my hairbrush at home! I finger combed my hair as best as I could, but it still looked a mess. Thankfully, I very rarely see customers face to face...

Some interesting news at work today - they've put a complete freeze on hiring new staff and any vacancies have to go past the CEO to see whether they should be filled. It's a sign of the times, but for my department it's a bit of a worry - we've got a high turnover, and we really can't afford to lose too many staff...

The temperature has taken a heck of a tumble here. I've actually got the heater on - it took the cat about a minute to realise that before he charged over and planted himself as close as he could to it. Strange weather - 30+ degrees on Monday to break out the heater type conditions by today.

Schmoodle, hopefully all the invalids will be better soon. How are you doing?

MJ, yay for being in the zone! Long may it continue!

Lottie, hope you're feeling better soon!

Dumplin, welcome! I'm looking forward to getting to know more about the lady behind that gorgeous, infectious smile!

Redflame. hope you're feeling better soon!

Trazey, sounds like good calorie management to me! Yum, shortbread!

Crystallina, welcome to you as well! Sounds like you're doing wonderfully well.

WormwoodDoll, welcome to you as well! Looking forward to getting to know you also!

Numina, great stuff! You're doing so well!

Tammy, you're an absolute legend. You really are. 137 days on plan is incredible.

The menu was:

B - English muffin

S - muesli bar

L - ham and salad roll

S - yoghurt

D - soup and toast.

Have an awesome day, everyone!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:06 AM   #38  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! I forgot to bring breakfast w/ me this morning, so I am making due with some snacks. I may run out to the store to pick up some fruit or something, but I do NOT want to go into the store hungry!!!

Dumplin--Welcome!

Redflame--No, I haven't seen that yet. I'll have to check it out. I wasn't brave enough to buy the boot camp dvd! Actually, I am not sure w/ my knee if I could do it. Find that remote!!! So glad you are feeling better emotionally. How's your knee?

Trazey--Mmm your lunch sounds yummy! How was the cookie? Hey, a girl has to treat herself once in a while, right?!

Crystallina 27--Welcome!

Numina--I know...BUT I didn't listen and I am SO glad!!! Awesome job!!! Great idea about the 'fight' song!

cfmama--So glad you are starting to feel better. 137 Days!!! CONGRATS!!!

nicolen--Good luck at work. Hope the hectic-ness settles down soon. Sounds like you had a decent workout to me. Our weather has been strange too...Spring-like for a couple of days and it's going to snow today.

Rhonda--How are you doing?

Beverlyjoy--How are you?

My knee is ridiculously painful this morning. Ugh. Hope I hear from the ortho's office soon about the surgery.

Today will make OP day #5 for me....yippee.

I am so glad I went to the gym last night. I won't have time to get there today, but I will do some stretching and an ab workout on my exercise ball when I get home.

Have a great OP day! Almost time to fill up my water bottle again!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:28 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 331 highest 308/see ticker/185

SO riddle me this (sorry had an after school Bat Man flashback)

If you tell your children to tear apart the couches and love seat to look for the remote, why do they NOT find it until the second time they do it when you are right there with them? Funny huh?

So the long lost remote has been found, along with about 2434 single socks, and some pens, and a new box of toothpaste--no lie....WHY was this down in the dark abiss of the couch????? I faintly remember the days when I had control of my household, but then again I did not have a monthly salary either!

So I hope to use one of the videos or the tabala workout from youtube soon.......right now I could not, it is THAT time, and as usually is incredibly bad......please Lord, strike a bolt of menopause on me SOON! (an of course I place that order without the years of in-between-ness!) BUT that excuse will be gone shortly, the remote is found, I have even taken off the cellophane.......I think I will be out of excuses.........OH NO!

I am starting a class next Tuesday, called Live Inspired. It examines 5 aspects of your life; personal growth, food, authenticity, exercise and spiritual habits. We will meet every week for eight weeks. I am really looking forward to it.

AS USAUL, I have talked about myself, and now ran out of time for personals....this is way wrong, and I need to stop doing this. I am sorry, you have all been alot of support to me, more than you may realize. I want to be the same for you....I shall return with wonderful words of inspiration.........or some general gibber gabber, but I shall return!
Redflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:36 PM   #40  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Redflame--LOL! My mom always says that as kids we "looked" for things with our eyes closed......
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:32 PM   #41  
NEVER EVER going back

Just a dash in and out for me. Jeff has Phoenix at the clinic as we're suspecting pneumonia Maddy (7 year old) is at High School Musical the Ice show and Liv (5 year old) wants me to watch a movie with her.

So tomorrow is day 138 totally on plan! And a 1800 calorie cycling day. We're planning a sushi night tomorrow and I'm excited I just make your typical california type roll but with no dressing. Just rice, avocado, cucumber, shrimp or crab, nori. Dip in low sodium soy sauce and wasabi paste and I'm good to go! Yummo!!!

B- 1 cup shredded wheat, 1/2 cup skim milk, large banana
L- 2 3 oz salmon fillets, cup steamed brocolli, full fat yogurt cup
s- 2 wasa, 3 T hummus, 1/2 apple
D- 20 pieces sushi maki, soy sauce and wasabi paste
s- 22 almonds, 3 Laughing cow wedges

Be back later girls!
Old 02-13-2009, 12:22 AM   #42  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Hi Guys,

Yay for Friday night. I'm tired and really just want to blob out in front of the TV tonight. And I can. Life is good.

Some bad news today - my trainer has put her notice in. She introduced me to another trainer that she thinks I'd work well with. He's absolutely gorgeous! I've seen him about before and thought he was lovely to look at, and he seems really nice in person as well. We're going to have a couple of sessions and see how things go. Anyway, she worked me really hard today and I'm aching. Arms, legs, everywhere!

MJ, completely understand about not wanting to go to the gym hungry. That's a recipe for disaster!

Redflame, LOL, that's so funny. And frustrating as well.

Tammy, I hope it's not pneumonia! Poor Phoenix. Sending lots of get well vibes towards you!

So the menu for the day was:

B - Muffin with vegemite

S - scone with jam, vege sticks and hummus (morning tea at work, and I feel very virtuous and good!)

L - chicken salad sandwich

S - yoghurt

D - chicken, noodles, stir fried vegies.

Have an awesome day, everyone!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:27 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 331 highest 308/see ticker/185

ok I have to know what vegimite really is
all I know is it is in an 80s song
Redflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:39 AM   #44  
NEVER EVER going back

Yep... it's pneumonia. AND a very infected right ear. AND strep throat.

No wonder he's been so *****y all week???
Old 02-13-2009, 08:13 AM   #45  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Height: 5'7"

OK --- now I am missing posting in the mornings AND in the evening! GAK!

MJ5: Dang knee! It impresses the heck out of me that you keep going forward through all the pain. I would be on that as an excuse like a bad hair piece on a TV weatherman! You have put in a long week and have more than earned your spot in front of the TV. Rest as you can and enjoy yourself!

RedFlame: Holy larcenous lounger, Batman! I don't think I would sit on that couch! The weirdest thing I ever found in a couch was one of our cats. Why she had squeezed down in there is a major mystery, but then she was pretty much stuck. We followed the sound of her pathetic little whimper…. And good for you for entering the No Excuses Zone, even if some of your movement was involuntary and involved kicking/screaming. Keep us posted about your class --- it sounds interesting.

Nicole: See? Every cloud has a silver lining and sometimes that lining looks a lot like beefcake! I know you will miss your current trainer --- you guys have been an awesome team --- but if she introduced you to this new fella, I bet he is really good, too. What the heck? Enjoy the scenery!

CFMama: Oh my goodness! That is a bad combination for a little guy! He must be so miserable. Hope he improves rapidly, CFMama, and that no one else picks anything up from him. (I don’t think pneumonia is contagious, but what about strep throat?) You take extra care of you for a few days, too, k? (And the sushi sounds yummerifilous!)

So yesterday, I did my water (which is getting easier! Whodda thunk?) and my walking and easily stayed in my target calorie range.
B: oatmeal w/ yogurt and almonds, V8
L: salad with chicken slices, grapefruit juice
D: sesame noodles with veggies and a little chicken, tossed in 2 TB of ginger teriyaki

Happy Friday, ladies! Today is a cruisin day, where your eye is always on that goal and you just calmly keep stepping over whatever life throws in your path --- you are in the groove and on the move. Talk to you again tonight!
Numina is offline   Reply With Quote