Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 02:34 PM   #1  

Default Hi, I'm new here

But not so new to weight loss. I went on ww back in 97/98 and lost 70 and was pretty much where I wanted to be. I got preg right then and was just starting to lose the weight (all but 20) and got preg with Twins. SO...here I am, my kids are 3, 2&2 and I am at 241lbs. I am on blood pressure meds and on Celexa for depression. I have been on and off of ww for two years with no segnificant results. I started lowcarb eating 11 days ago thru a program from the gym I go to (curves for women). I have lost 8 pounds so far and I am trying to adjust to eating this way. I have PCOS which is why I picked low carb dieting this time. I am doing a great job with my water now too.

I just realize now though that I am going to need some support if I am going to do this now. If I am going to finally get this weight back off I need to have people that understand how hard this is and can give me the shove I need.

THank you.
Old 11-22-2002, 03:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 320/210/180

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Welcome JennR this is a great place for support. Everyone is so supportive. Wow the kids are so close in age. That would be a challenge. You sound like your well on your way to losing. Good luck and hope to see you in other areas to.
Old 11-22-2002, 06:25 PM   #3  
hot mom wanna be!

Woo! How do you do it? I would lose my mind!!
Welcome to this great group! Post as often as you'd like to. I think the more you come here the better you do. It helps keep you on track. How do you like Curves? they have one here to, but I dont know anyone who has gone there before.
take care!
laura
313/250/200
Old 11-22-2002, 07:20 PM   #4  

WOW laura you have lost alot!!! The kids and I take things one day at a time...I am always on the verge of being committed, lol.

I love curves! It is so quick and easy. The owner and the staff are great. They know a ton and are very willing to help. The workout takes only 30 minutes and you are done. I have seen women of all ages and sizes there...I have never felt uncomfortable being there at all. Go check it out if you can, you will really like it.
Old 11-22-2002, 08:56 PM   #5  
Old Cackler

welcome aboard, jennifer. and congrats on your great start. there's lots of wisdom here, and also on the low-carb board. you might want to check them out as well for help with your program.

glad to see you!!!
Old 11-25-2002, 07:18 AM   #6  

Welcome!
this is a wonderful and friendly place. You'll find lots of support and encouragement.

Sherry
Old 11-25-2002, 10:35 AM   #7  
Getting healthier daily!!

Default Welcome!!!

Hello.

I'm glad you have found this forum and Curves!!! That's a great combination to use toward getting healthier. Be sure to post often - that will help you stay focused. Plus there are so many helpful people here that you can ask questions of.

Best wishes...
Old 11-25-2002, 11:48 AM   #8  

Welcome!!! I'm glad you've found this place - you will get a lot of support & encouragement here There is a Curves gym near where I work & I've heard a lot of great things about it. It's great that you've found a program that you like & that it is quick & convenient for you (you need it with your three little ones I'm sure!!)

Come around often... It really does help. I am pretty sure I wouldn't have done nearly as well in my weight loss journey without this group!
Old 11-25-2002, 01:17 PM   #9  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

WELCOME!!! You have joined an amazing group of women. Feel free to jump right in!!!
Old 11-25-2002, 11:44 PM   #10  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Welcome, JennR!!!

You might like Curves, everyone raves about it. I, myself, am not anywhere near coordinated enough for that!

Congrats on your loss!!!
Closed Thread