S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FB View Post
Food is not my friend, my lover, comfort or usually entertainment
Always a good reminder for me.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:00 AM   #17  

I crave carbs. There is some scientific thing I read somewhere on how our bodies become addicted to carbs. I don't remember what it said, but I know I'm definately a carb addict. Breads, pastas, potatos, etc....
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:25 AM   #18  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

and I find remembering HOW I felt the LAST time I ate things that were not healthful choices really helps me to stay on plan.

Example: I had a no count Christmas eve and Day (well I counted AFTER but not at the time and I didn't go over maintenance) and I enjoyed those times very much. But boxing day? The 27th? Cravings that I hadn't had in MONTHS were coming to haunt me. I had to "de-tox" my self AGAIN! Not worth it... not to me.

I still want those foods. It's a struggle. But being healthy, fit and HERE tastes WAY better to me.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:36 AM   #19  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvbean View Post
Eat food that we know we are NOT suppose too? Do you ever feel like there is something in your brain that makes you do this despite the fact you know you know it is a no no? For those who have had GREAT success how did you fix this? Maybe I am the only one that has the devil on my shoulder....and trying to find the angel! LOL
I definitely have temptations. I'm sitting here right now with 3 calories left for the day and a box of Frangos on my desk. The little devil says "oh who cares, just eat one."

For me how I "fix" this is by not being afraid to make a mistake and by reminding myself that if I just wait until morning I'll have about 1700 calories to spend on whatever I want.

By giving myself a calorie budget I find that the bargain shopper in me comes out and says "If you waste 500 calories on chocolate in the morning it's going to be a loooooooooong night when 9:00pm comes around. So in the morning I tend to make really good choices Apples, granola, yogurt and bananas top my morning list. As I go through the day I weigh the costs and benefits. If I eat X now I won't have enough calories for Y later. Which would I prefer?

Usually at the end of the day is when I get my little indulgences. When it's getting toward time for bed I'll spend the day's leftover calories on chocolate, ice cream, crackers and cheese. I find that the days where I don't budget wisely and am out of calories are good reinforcers for making good decisions the next time.

Since I've fasted for religious reasons I know that I'm not going to die if I don't get to eat for 8-10 hours so when I'm out of calories it's like being out of money, I'm just done for the day. For sure it's tempting to go over my calorie budget and I do occasionally but my hard and fast rule is that my weekly calories taken in can't exceed my weekly budget and so far that works pretty well.

Last edited by rodeogirl; 01-14-2009 at 03:36 AM.
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:46 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 305/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Thanks everyone for your replies, I find them VERY helpful. I know that this is also a "re-training" process as well as a losing weight process. I do journal and I find that it is a big help.
Luvbean is offline   Reply With Quote