Old 12-16-2008, 02:48 PM   #1  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Default Well I've really gone and done it now

This morning when I got home from work, I went to step into the shower and looked in the mirror. Much to my shock and horror I noticed my thighs are starting to droop, sag, wobble. Whatever you want to call it.

Don't get me wrong.
My logical mind knows that this was bound to happen being as I was so heavy for so long. It was just such a shock to see it. I obsessed over it all morning, cried a bit, wrote in my journal, cried some more and then WTH???? What do I do? I hopped in the car and drove to McDonalds for two hashbrowns and count them.....four sausage mcmuffins.

As I was eating the pile of junk, it didn't even taste good. But I could not stop myself. Anyone driving by my car saw this fat lady shovelling fast food into her face all the while tears rolling down her face.
Now, just a few hours later, I sit here in a daze. Why why WHY??? Why do I do this to myself?

I have been doing so well and I am sooooo close to my first 50lbs lost and the first goal I set myself. So very close I can almost reach it. And then I go and throw myself off the deep end.

I still don't really know why I reacted the way I did. For heavens sake I know that thighs are hidden easily. Honestly, some days I think I am going stark raving mad!
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Sometimes it takes a while to figure out all the why. In the meantime, all you have to to is pick yourself up and move on, right now. NOT tomorrow. Really, that is what makes maintainers - not never eating too much, but always moving on. If the food is making you feel yucky, take a nice long walk. Make sure you get good sleep tonight. Make sure you have plans for a healthy dinner and breakfast (do NOT try to starve to make up for it). You'll be amazed how different tomorrow can feel.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 03:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

What Julie said.

Take steps now to counteract your morning insanity. Drink lots of water 'cause you gotta know you ingested 4 days worth of sodium from those sausage biscuits. Take a walk or get some exercise. Offset the grease and junk with some fruit. And prepare yourself now for a jump in the scale sometime in the next 2-3 days, or even tomorrow. You know it's not fat - it's not 3500 calories worth of food - but the water will be there.

Oh and DON'T deprive yourself or punish yourself for the rest of the day by not eating. I know that's the first instinct, but don't do that. Just be healthy.

As far as the flabby thighs - my thighs were flabby too, but I've found that exercise REALLY helps. Squats, lunges, stepups, climbing stairs, walking up hills ... seriously. The last time I had a wax, my waxer poked at my thighs and told me they were getting firmer! It was a nice feeling.

You've made amazing progress ... don't let this one slip get you down or make you give up. You can do it!!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 03:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

And ... uh ... could I have used any more smiley faces in that post?

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/160/140

Height: 5'5"

Default It's Over Now

Believe me I know how you feel.
The problem with me was I would screw up, have a bad day, whatever, and instead of forgiving myself,forgetting it and going on, I continued to binge and b4 I knew it the weight was back.
So, we all have slips. Just remember tomorrow always comes, get back on the horse and ride it sister!
You can do it, you have already come so far, do not give up now.
justformenow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:08 PM   #6  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

Bravo for coming here and asking for help! It would be easy to let your slip today turn into a full blown slide, posting here and getting feedback is such a good move to counteract that.

Thank you also for being brave and posting what happened this morning, including your thought processes and subsequent actions. Believe it or not, you just helped a whole bunch of us newbies here. It helps to see a very brave lady successfully negotiate the daily challenges we all face with courage. It takes a lot of guts to admit a slip.

Hang in there! 50 lbs is an amazing feat. Keep up the good work!
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:38 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

I hate what my thighs are doing too - and I'm working out like a madwoman - there is good muscle under that mound of fat that slides around on the upper part of my leg when I change directions. I know that someday it'll be flabby skin, and that is even more depressing, but I am combining using one of those toning body lotions, to get the skin in the best possible shape with the exercise.

To me, it sounds like you've realized that you hurt yourself with your weight gain more than you realized, and you're punishing yourself. Honey, you don't deserve that. You're a woman who has lost 50 lbs, and we are an amazing bunch.

Thanks for sharing - this touched me more than I could possibly have imagined.
KristasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Uggghh...don't EVEN start talking about thighs...Hence, my screen name

I would completely reiterate what the others have said..especially in regards to water and movement..

It is cold today. School is canceled because of ice. I ate oatmeal and then I ate grits. That wasn't exactly right either!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:54 PM   #9  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

We all want to hope that we can get through being severely obese without any consequences.
The loose skin is both a reminder of what we once were, and the result of a lot of hard work that had been done.

It is a bit bothersome to think about how hard you work, only to have loose skin - but it's okay. Don't sabatoge yourself now - you have done a great job!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 05:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 242/187/150

Height: 5'9"

Good job for accepting your mistakes and coming here for help. I hear so many women on here complaining of loose skin etc....

Yah, of course its annoying. And ALL of us wish when our bodies shrink we could lose the sagginess and stretch marks that come with being over weight. But I ask you this....how often are you naked or even in a bathing suit???? I would rather look good in clothes, which most of us are in 90% of the time, then continue to hate what I see in the mirror ALL the time. We can do all we can to fix the imperfections, but they are gonna be there. What if you saw a thin girl in the grocery store and knew she had a saggy flabby stomach, but there she is looking great in front of you. I think most of us would kill to look like that! So stay positive! You KNOW that if you had the choice to be thin and a little flabby you would pick that over feeling uncomfortable in your own skin all the time! You can do this! Just try and take those negative thoughts right out of the mix!
QTestRDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:04 PM   #11  

Duct tape!! (just kidding)....

I dropped 30lbs myself and I look in the mirror and cry (I have another 100+ to go to be "optimal weight". I'm new here, found this while doing research on South Beach (which I will be starting in January).

I have flabby arms, flabby thighs, flabby tummy. But - think of how much better you feel with the weight you've lost!!!

Gumboot - you are an inspiration to me!!!!
luvbug412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:53 PM   #12  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

We understand. Chin up and keep going. You're worth the better health and the fun of wearing smaller, funner clothes.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:55 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/150

Height: 5' 11"

Oh, Gumboot, I know how you feel.

I haven't lost enough weight to see what will happen with my skin, but there were times that it scares me to death. I am currently single, but would love to meet mr Right one day.

The thought of somebody seeing me naked with stretch marks and saggy skin all over me, give me a little panic attack at times. Who wants to date somebody like that?? I know that I am pretty (under the layers of fat). When I was skinny, I use to get asked if I was a model about 5 times a day. But what if Mr Right meets the skinny me one day, thinks that I am gorgeous, but underneath the clothes I look like his great grandma???

But you know what, WHO CARES WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK?? I don't know about you, but I mostly worry about what other people will think when they look at me. I know that I don't mind the stretch marks - it is not as if it hurts, and I don't even know that I have the marks, unless I think about it or look at it. I think the same goes for saggy skin. I decided not to worry about what other people think, and then I am fine with it! And if Mr Right has a problem with it one day... then maybe he isn't mr right after all.

I am not happy in my skin right now. I feel uncomfortable most of the time, am always hot, and I hate it. I am losing weight for me, and if I have saggy skin at the end - so be it. I can live with it. And if other people have a problem with my skin and marks - it is their problem, not mine.
Findmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:53 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 269/255/200

Height: 5/6

As your on your weight loss journey maybe a personal trainer to help tighten up as you work to goal .But don't be hard on yourself . Your gonna be ok sweetie . Just keep moving forward one step at a time..
BAILYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:08 AM   #15  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Exactly what Snoozles said!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote