Old 12-15-2008, 02:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Default Facing my demons!

I've been doing this for 30 days now and it's been ups and downs and I haven't been totally on plan because of my eating issues and I'm really trying to face them and figure them out. I'm definitely an emotional eater and well I just eat whenever for whatever reason, bored, happy, sad, mad you name it.

So far I've lost 10lbs I was up to 15lb 10 days ago but I had some bad days but this time I'm not giving up.

I'm finally in that committed and never give up frame of mind that I've been trying to get back since April 2006 when I found out I was pregnant again. My baby will be two come January, so I'm so happy that I'm finally back to it.

I want nothing more than to be active and healthy to keep up with my boys and just be happy. I'm happy in every other part of my life except this, I accept my body for what it is and I know that I can change it as well.

So rejoining the board this last week is really helping me get back on track, I've also been posting daily on my blog and reading books to help me in this journey. I have a great support system with my husband, brother, oldest son(7) and my best friend.

It was my mom who got me back to it with her challenge to my brother and I, to lose 50lb by Dec 19, which I knew wouldn't happen but I knew this could be the booster to get me back on track. Unfortunately I don't think my brother is ready to face his demons and is off track already. Fortunately for me it was my booster to get back to it.

I'm just planning on walking and exercising everyday, I haven't up until now but I'm ready for it and portion control and following the Canadian Food Guide.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

You are doing great! Not giving up is what it takes.
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:11 PM   #3  
One pound at a time...

Nice to see you again Donna! back!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Donna, glad you're back. I may sound like a broken record, but borrow "The Thin Commandments" from your library. I've read dozens of weight loss books, but this one is really unique because it spells out strategies to change our thinking about food. It works. Really. I lost 5 pounds without even thinking about it. It's inspiring. Right off the bat it gives the science behind over eating. Why we can be self-disciplined in other areas of our life, but not with food. Great book. Check the reviews at amazon and see if you can borrow it somewhere.
missy3gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/275/150

Height: 5' 4"

I know how you feel, my emotions are all over the place for many reasons. The worst is finances (like many people right now) & surgery sceduled for Jan.11th. I was to have it Dec. 10 but caught cold. At 62, this one has me a little rattled emotionally. I know better; but, time and all this weight! I want to eat all the time even with egcg vit & Corislim. Trying to get out of the kitchen and do the many things I need to get done. My sugar is good but I feel bloated and guilty. I thought maybe if I could find a thread here that I could let out some of this stress with others who have been thru it. I have been here other times and everyone is very nice and supportive. I have a surgery in the future that I need to get close to goal for. Yikes! Thanks & good luck with your emotions.
oldwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:17 PM   #6  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Thank you for staying, getting strong and being here for us. You can do this!!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:36 PM   #7  

Thanks you guys. Some days are a struggle but I'm still pluggin away.

Plus I've been stuck at this weight for the last 5 days, I really need to change things up and work on my food more.

Last edited by SnowboundChick; 12-16-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:50 PM   #8  

Carol, Good Luck with your surgery. I will be thinking of you. I like your user name. What do you write?