Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2002, 09:54 AM   #1  
Sweating the pounds off

S/C/G: 360/301.7/199

Height: 5'6 ... I'm shrinking vertically when I'd rather shrink horizontally.

Thumbs up I think I just may have to kill someone.

Well, I did it. I've been officially smoke free for about 24 hours now.

But I think I may have to kill someone.

Let's see, I've been a smoker for about 20 years - except for two 9 month periods where I was pregnant. I can't believe I quit twice then started again. AAAGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

I made a huge dinner last night to compensate for the lack of nicotine - the kids and the DH were both thrilled! And when I went for a walk yesterday I couldn't even do a mile ... my legs hurt sooooo bad!!!

I went to bed last night at 6:30pm because I couldn't take the nicotine withdrawls anymore ... I figured if I was sleeping, I wouldn't want to smoke. I musta woke up every hour dying for a cigarette!

So, I've got my trusty water bottle by my side, chewing gum and Altoids ... I hope I can make it through the next week. Experience has shown me (I'm an experienced quitter! ) that if I can make it through 5-7 days without a cigarette I've almost won the battle.

AAAGGHHHHHH!!!! Give me strength!
Old 04-30-2002, 10:21 AM   #2  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

I've been THERE before... just hang in there, if you can make it past the 3rd day really, you can take anything, the 3rd day is when the severe detox actually happens... lock yourself away from everyone you don't want to offend by yelling at them Good luck, and this time DON'T GO BACK TO 'EM!
Old 04-30-2002, 11:22 AM   #3  

GREAT JOB!!!!!

You are doing a great job for youself. It may be hard but if you did it twice, you can do it again!

I wish you all the best and will be thinking of you over the next few days.

Bella23
Old 04-30-2002, 01:15 PM   #4  

Dear Sick-n-tired

Way to go!! You can do it!!! Go hour by hour!!

I was never a smoker, but both my parents were heavy smokers and when I moved out on my own I had a real craving for cigarettes...I thought very seriously about starting.

I have heard that nicotine is even more addictive than most street drugs. You deserve a big pat on the back!!!
Old 04-30-2002, 03:42 PM   #5  

If you decide to kill someone let me know...I have several people I need to add to the "hit" list. But seriously YOU CAN DO IT.....WOOOHOOOOOOO

Kim
Old 04-30-2002, 08:31 PM   #6  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

KIM you took the words right out of my mouth, can i add to the hit list too????

I am an exsmoker for the last 14 years and i can say that it is hard, it still crosses my mind and i tell my self i am crazy!!! I have not had any respiratory problems i am much heathier and feel so much better!!! think of your commitment to yourself when you think of starting up again
Old 04-30-2002, 08:39 PM   #7  
Losin It For GOOD!

YOU CAN DO THIS!!! I know you can. Now I wasn't ANYWHERE near smoking as long as you, however I did smoke 1 1/2 packs a day of Marlborough Reds for about 1 1/2 years.

I quit cold turkey. I did it. No patch, no nothing. The first week was AWFUL. But I did it.

I just want to tell you that you may gain a LITTLE bit of weight shortly after quitting. So I will be praying that won't happen to you!! I know you can do this.
Old 04-30-2002, 10:17 PM   #8  

SNT,

Well, go ahead...BUT DON'T GET CAUGHT!!!

I also have a name or two if you're taking requests.

But, YOU CAN DO THIS. I'm a former smoker, too. It's at least as hard as losing the weight, but, in the long run it is easier because you have to have food everyday...but not ciggies!

GOOD LUCK AND HANG IN THERE! IT WILL GET EASIER...I PROMISE!!!

Love, Gayle
Old 04-30-2002, 11:07 PM   #9  

Hang in there.....I did it using Nicorette gum. The first two days my family hid from me......the third day (a Monday) the people in work hid from me.

Believe it or not by Tuesday, I was sane....well relatively. It is hard I know it firsthand...but you can do it.
Old 05-01-2002, 07:49 AM   #10  
Sweating the pounds off

S/C/G: 360/301.7/199

Height: 5'6 ... I'm shrinking vertically when I'd rather shrink horizontally.

Ah, day 3 and still smoke free.

Thanks for your responses everyone!

The gum didn't work for me - I had some patches left over from my last *quitting* attempt and for me, they're working much better.

So sorry to let you guys down, but I don't think I'll be becoming a hit-woman anytime soon.

Now I'm off to try to do some time on my exercise bike - the one that's been functioning strictly as a clothes rack for the last couple of years.

Have a great day!
Old 05-01-2002, 08:24 AM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

No wi was jsut starting to get excited!!!
Old 05-01-2002, 08:49 AM   #12  

OK now I have to kill someone....damn saboteurs.....came into work this morning and there were two boxes of hot Krispy Kreme donuts sitting on the table....grrrrr Well after inhaling two I went for an extra long walk Don't think that compensates for it though But onward and downward LOL

Kim
336/318.5/170
Old 05-01-2002, 08:52 AM   #13  
Losin It For GOOD!

Kim -
I have your pictures, I just cant send them at the moment for some odd reason. I will send ASAP!!!

I am so glad we don't have crispy creme up here yet... I can resist dunkin donuts, but I know the call of the crispy creme is one I would not be able to resist!!!!!!
Old 05-01-2002, 09:05 AM   #14  

*ROOTING FOR YA BIG TIME* You can do it!!
Closed Thread