Old 12-03-2008, 01:43 PM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default FB Wins the NOVEMBER Points Challenge!!!!

With her 7th WIN this year, FB pulls off another win in NOVEMBER!!!! With a possible 119 points out of a possible 120!

You are awesome!!!!

1. FB ~ 119
2. BarbPA ~ 116
3. Tammy73 ~ 111
4. DishyFishy ~ 101
5. Gela ~ 100

6. HVEECK ~ 95
7. Institches21 ~ 92
8. djay ~ 91
9. Maddie89 ~ 69
10. jeannep ~ 66
11. gina1221 ~ 64
12. KrisR ~ 59
13. ClydieCat ~ 48
14. jeniansmom ~ 28

Congratulations to everyone who participated this month!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:45 PM   #2  
Long Time Member

FB - If you wouldn't mind...You have had such an awesome year this year, managing to lose 132 lbs. Can you tell us about the process. What you did, why it worked for you, anything else you want to share? You are such an inspiration!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:48 PM   #3  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

to FB and to all participants!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:02 PM   #4  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Congratulations!
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:57 PM   #5  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Congrats, FB!
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:42 PM   #6  
FB

Hey everyone! We rocked it, great job to all who participated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
FB - If you wouldn't mind...You have had such an awesome year this year, managing to lose 132 lbs. Can you tell us about the process. What you did, why it worked for you, anything else you want to share? You are such an inspiration!!!
Thanks Sandi! You make me feel so special.

I'll give a long version and a short one.
The short one:
1. Everyday, just do it - no excuses, no off days
2. Eat clean, eat often, log calories
3. Exercise, give 100% effort - make the time
4. Patience

The long version...

A little background...
I gained weight shortly after getting married and it climbed upwards while pregnant. After the pregnancy, with a beautiful little guy I struggled with my hormones - a bit of postpartum depression. The weight continued to climb. During that time I was in total denial about my weight, avoiding scales and doctor's offices. I knew I was bigger, big - but didn't know the numbers.

Anyhow, fast forward 4 years to Christmas 2007. My son gave me a hoody he picked out, and was upset when it didn't fit. I couldn't even slide it up my arms. My husband gave me cashmere sweaters, something I lusted after for years and they didn't fit either. A pretty disappointing Christmas morning, I was disgusted with myself.

Arming myself with my disgust I decided to do the old cliche of a New Year's resolution. When I hopped on the scale New Year's morning the number I saw shocked me and added to my resolve.

Since that day I've adopted a kick butt, take no prisoners attitude.

I attribute my success to just doing it, no excuses ever - every day. There are no cheat days because I will not cheat myself of what I want. There are no excuses not to work out because I want this. There is no reason in the world not to do it. Every day that I stay on plan makes the next one easier. At this point it's become a no-brainer, effortless - it is the way it is.

I count calories with the help of The Daily Plate. I keep my diet clean and eat from a limited menu (less chance of straying away), I've removed the emotion factor from food - it's fuel, it helps me to survive. It is not comfort, love or the cure to loneliness. It's fuel. That's all. I find more joy in the way I feel now than I ever did with chicken wings and bleu cheese.

The food I eat is mostly comprised of lean proteins (poultry, eggs and seafood) and vegetables. I eat a lot of super foods, I eat embarrassing quantities of veggies. I learned to eat 5-6 small meals a day in order to keep hunger at bay. I have lean protein with every meal. My carbohydrates tend to come from fruits and vegetables, not processed foods.

That's not to say I never enjoy a meal at a restaurant or have chocolate. I do! It's something that's a treat now, rather than something I feel entitled to every day. I enjoy those foods more when I don't take them for granted and realize that they're not as necessary as I once thought.

Exercise is important to my master plan as well. I want lean muscle mass because I want my metabolism to run high. I want muscles because I fear loose skin. I have a wonderful personal trainer who often says I train like a man. That's fine - the results I'm getting aren't close to a man's - I look more feminine with a sleeker body.

I exercise 7 days a week, with a balance between cardio and weights. As I get closer to my goal weight I've let the balance fall towards the weights.

I couldn't exercise much in the beginning - I was physically unable. I did what I could. I remember crying on the stationary bike at home because my weight exceed it's limits, my stomach hit my knees and my heart pounded. I'd go for 5 minutes at a time, several times a day. But I always gave what I could. Time passed quickly and I soon found myself on a bike outdoors going for 30 mile rides!

The biggest factor is patience. Sure, I've lost the weight pretty quickly - but when I started the results were a long time coming. It took 50-60 pounds before I wore a different pants size, 60-70 pounds before I received my first compliment. During previous tries I would have given up if I hadn't lost the 132 pounds in a week - my expectations were unrealistic.

The key to my success so far has been that patience. To keep going, keep doing, keep trying - NO MATTER WHAT. No matter if I've had a sad day, a bad day, my period, the scale's gone up. No matter, I want this and know it will happen. It takes time. Honestly, the time has flown by.

People in my life often marvel at my commitment, the hard work and dedication. I don't see it that way. This has been a wonderful and indulgent honeymoon with myself. I've learned to make myself a priority, not to feel guilty about it and have enjoyed almost every bit of it. It's been lush and continues to be. I like spending this time with myself, for myself. It's a gift.

Last year at this time I weighed nearly 300 pounds and wasn't living very healthily. I no longer recognized myself, I would get out of breath climbing the stairs, I couldn't tie my shoes very well, walk up the block to the library and my fat felt like it was choking me when I'd sleep (which would often be 12+ hours because I was always exhausted). One year later I feel like a million dollars, always do muscle poses every time I pass a mirror (only at home )bounce on my toes and am planning to run a 5k race this weekend. It boggles my mind, my size 22 jeans weren't fitting anymore a year ago. Today my size 8's are fitting quite loosely.

Amazing!

I'm sure that's more info than you bargained for Sandi! Shew, that was more than my usual amount of typing.

Last edited by FB; 12-03-2008 at 07:56 PM.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:54 PM   #7  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Congratulations FB! You have been an inspiration to me eversince I started doing the monthly point challenges. I always TRY to keep up to your standard!
Thanks for sharing your story. I am even more inspired now!
You Rock!
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:45 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 305/172.6/135

Height: 5foot 4 inches

FB, I want to be like you when I grow up!!! congrats on the win, and on your wonderful year!
HVEECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:22 PM   #9  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

FB - what a great story. I think I read one of your posts my first day on 3FC which led me to the Daily Plate. Using that tool has been so helpful for me and hearing your story makes me want to go out for a nice long walk! Everything you said really struck a chord with me.

Keep up the great work!
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:12 PM   #10  
BELIEVE!

FB - YOU ROCK GIRL!!!! You are such an inspiration to me!
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:29 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Congrats FB!!! (and all other folks that participated!) You're story is wonderful and is very inspirational. Thanks so much for sharing it!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:36 AM   #12  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Thanks for sharing that, FB. You are quite an inspiration. I especially like what you said about patience. Congrats!
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:38 AM   #13  
Keto on!

S/C/G: 256/200/180

Thanks for your story FB and congrats! You're a rock star girl
Gela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:41 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

FB- Thank You for sharing your weight loss journey with us all. Congrats on winning the challenge for the past 7 months. FB you make it sound so easy, to tell you the truth, somedays I don't want to do that exercise, but I really don't want to post anything else but a 4, so Thank You for entering each month for that next challenge, you are my inspriration, to stay motivated!

Hey, Great Job to All!

Last edited by Institches21; 12-05-2008 at 02:42 AM.
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:15 AM   #15  
active kids, active mom

Wow FB -- what an inspirational story! THank you so much for posting it. I started by losing quickly -- about 10 lbs. a month, and then have plateaued since June (when I had some surgery -- which isn't WHY I plateaued, but I let it derail me psychologically -- at least I didn't gain). Anyway, I have been back on track for a week now and so needed this post for extra motivation. I CAN complete this portion of my health task in 2009 and WILL do it.

I appreciated also that you started as a NYR because so often we hear that starting with a big start like that and as a NYR doesn't work. For me, bug starts like that with big plans DO work. You could really take this post and expand it into an article -- especially the part about it being "lush" and about seeing it in a positive light. I think that part is exactly the icing I have been needing on my motivation cake.

So THANK YOU!!!!!
knitsforfive is offline   Reply With Quote