Old 10-20-2008, 06:39 AM   #1  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Default Menu/Accountability/Planning October 20-26

Welcome! Do you need a place to list your menu? Do you need some support? A place to chat? Well, this is the place for you!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:44 AM   #2  
mj5

Good Morning! Well, back to reality today!!! I maintained, which is actually good considering I didn't get any intense exercise while on vacation--lots of walking, but no weight lifting or anything like that. Plus, we ate out a lot and I really could have made better choices. So, back to my routine! I AM going to the gym right after work today--legs and back (weights) and cardio tonight.

Beverlyjoy--Thanks for tip on chair exercising. It will depend on which surgery the dr opts for. If it's the laparoscopic one, I will only be out of commission for a couple of days, if it is the other one, I won't be able to lift, bend, etc for weeks. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the first one!!! It also depends on his schedule as far as the timing of it. The knee surgery won't be for a loooong time because of stupid insurance red-tape.

Lyn--Sounds like a great plan for yesterday! All of this omlette talk is making me want one!!! I'll have to work that in for dinner next week!

cfmama--We have two beagles. Two VERY spoiled beagles! If I can figure out how to post a picture, I'll put some on here...they are total hams and LOVE having their picture taken! Wow, wanna come clean my house! I need to do sme major cleaning too...just not in the mood! I have to tell you, I haven't had popcorn in quite a while (I go in spurts w/ wanting it and not wanting it), but lately seeing it in your menu....it has become a favorite snack again

ginger--our gym rat!!! I LOVE it!!! So true, too!

Hi to Rhonda, Schmoodle, and everyone else!!!!

K, I really need to get ready for work!!!
Old 10-20-2008, 06:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Chickies! Happy Monday! I stayed with my plan yesterday - I am grateful. That five good days in a row. It feels so good.

Today I will go to the doctor and get my foot wrapped. I think I’ll have to do some rearranging of programs and reschedule the ones that I can to get over this latest flare up. I hate doing that - but, my foot won’t calm down unless I do this.

doctor's appointment - get my foot wrapped

log food
stretches
lots of water
heat/ice
meditation
PMA

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, pnb toast, 1/2 banana
lunch - cottage cheese, brocolli with parm, whole grain crackers
snack - cheese toast, apple
dinner - chili, celery
snack - cereal, strawberries, skim milk

MJ - maintaining is good, yes. Keep us posted on the date of your surgery - I HOPE it will be the scope. I didn't know your dogs were beagles...I LOVE beagles. Such sweeties, they are.

Ginger - I am so glad that calling you a ‘gym rat’ tickled you so - and made you smile. You are very dedicated to your workout. It’s good.

Cfmama - it’s wonderful that you’ve brought your kids up on healthy foods and that you already like healthy food. It won’t be a transition for anyone. Great! I agree....cleaning IS exercise. (Do you have a childcare in your home?)

Lyn - Good plan! Go girl and be healthy.

Shout out to Schmoodle, Rhonda, Rakel, Yoga and anyone else that stops by.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 10-20-2008 at 06:58 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:35 AM   #4  
BlockHead =)

Hi everyone, I'm hoping this will help me defeat the renewed nighttime mini binges.

Today:
La Tortilla wrap with thin n trim ham, rf swiss cheese, feta crumbles, spinach and mustard for breakfast.
Water
RF string cheese and 1 serving red grapes for snack
Water
Exact same wrap for lunch with 8 strawberries dipped in 0% Fage for "dessert"
Water
RF string cheese and 1 serving sunflower seeds for snack
Water
La Tortilla pizzas for supper
Water
Chocolate ricotta creme with whipped cream for dessert
Water

Also I hope to have the energy after work (it's a late night) to do Week 1 Day 1 of Couch to 5 K.

Happy Monday All!
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:01 AM   #5  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hiya, Friends!

Well, I had a very busy weekend and a lousy off-plan two weeks, but I'm back on track today. I definitely need to keep coming here daily as I've found that my motivation wanes when I skip my daily visit. So, get ready to get sick of seeing me around here!

Yesterday was my 3 year anniversay for quitting smoking and my hysterectomy. I am quite happy to report that I've lost the menopausal weight and am back down to the weight I was on the morning of my surgery. So, ladies.....it can be done!

Have a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:19 AM   #6  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

Hi Chicks,

Here's my goal this week.
Walking 2 hours a day
Drinking 60 oz water a day
20 carbs a day

On meds now for depression and anxiety. Hoping it helps weight loss too.
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:29 AM   #7  
mj5

Hi again! I am taking a break from the work that is piled on my desk....YIKES...it's more than a little scary!!! Oh well, one thing at a time!!!!

Beverlyjoy--Fantastic, 5 days in a row!!!! If you have to reschedule, then you do. You have to take care of that foot! Yep, I love beagles too...although when they are being super-hyper, sometimes I question our judgement! LOL!

jeniansmom--welcome!!!

Rhonda--YEA Rhonda is going to be around a lot more!!! We could never get sick of seeing you around here!!! CONGRATULATIONS on your 3 year anniv for quitting smoking and for getting back down to that pre-surgery weight! Did you celebrate your anniv? It may sound silly, but we celebrate my dh's month-aversary (he LOVES baseball cards--so I buy him some on the month-aversary) and on the annivsery of his quitting smoking he gets to pick what we do. He thought it was silly at first, but I kept telling him that it IS a big deal--his health AND mine.

seashell--welcome! I am also taking an anti-anxiety med. I don't know about it helping w/ weight loss, but it sure made me feel better!

Ok, I really need to get back to work....I really can't wait to get to the gym tonight...wait, did I say that?!!!!
Old 10-20-2008, 12:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks! I am not feeling caught up this morning, but it's time to get my nose back to the grindstone. The weekend went too fast, but I did get unpacked and caught up on laundry and the kids did all their makeup work for school, plus we got to spend some time enjoying the Trolley Festival yesterday, and not least, catching up on some sleep. I still haven't gotten to the grocery store, but fortunately we had enough stuff around to get us through a couple of days. I wanted to start SB Ph1 today, but I'll shop tonight and get started tomorrow. The spinach fairy came yesterday (aka: my mom) and left a bag of spinach hanging on the front doorknob, so at least I have fresh veggies. The next couple of weeks at work will be pretty intense, and I am not looking forward to them, but we got to play for a week, now time to pay!

We have frost on the grass here this morning too, brrr!
My menu for the day (whatever I could find in the freezer!)
B: peanut butter toast, chocolate cheesecake smoothie, coffee with milk
S: seafood crustless quiche
L: black-eyed peas and ratatouille
S: latte, piece of cheese
D: Taco Bake, spinach
S: yogurt with slivered almonds

Hi seashell! Nice to "meet" you.
Congratulations on your anniversary Rhonda - that's a good one!
Hello jeniansmom and nice to "meet" you too. That looks like alot like a SB menu.
Sorry about your foot, Beverlyjoy. Take care of it!
mj, I'm with you trying to get back into the routine.

Have a great on-plan day everyone!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:03 PM   #9  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Hello everyone! I had a great on plan weekend and am now on day 24 of totally on plan! I so totally rock!

October 21 menu
B- cup cheerios with 1/2 cup milk and banana
s-1 sesame wasa, serving cheese, 1T pb
L- 1 cup Brussels sprouts, 1 serving indian lentil soup
s- 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup frozen blueberries
D- 1 cup chopped chicken breast baked with 1/2 cup tomato sauce (which has onions and garlic in it) on 1 cup WW rotini with 1 cup steamed carrots
s- 100 cal smart popcorn and 1/2 large peach
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:50 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

hi guys!!

Oh I am so excited, I biked AND strength trained today!! AND I went outside and hauled branches and bagged leaves to take a load of debris to the dump. I am so proud of myself!!

Meals:
b: tea/milk/agave, oatmeal with berries and natural peanut butter

L: baby leeks and asparagus sauteed, bowl of beet greens with 1 slice bacon, bowl of potato soup (with some cheese in it) and whole grain crackers

S: dark chocolate dried plums, kashi pumpkin flax granola bar, 2 cups of tea with milk and agave

D: 2 boiled beets, half a small casserole of yelow and pattypan squashes with milk/egg beaters/ 2% cheddar/crushed ritz. 2 slices of blueberry bread that my son made form a box (too sugary, bad idea). Hot green tea with honey.

So I think I might have eaten too much today but I am getting better.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 05:41 AM   #11  
mj5

Good Morning! I have a training all day today, so I figured I better stop in here before work! I did my planned workout at the gym yesterday, I feel good about that! Yesterday was OP day #3 for me!

Schmoodle--I agree, the weekend went way too fast!!! Did you get to the grocery store yesterday? We have had some frost here too, today they say we might get some wet snow!!! I cannot believe it! I'm not ready for that yet!

cfmama--You are doing fantastic!

Lyn--Great job!!!!! That's a lot of exercise today!!

Hi to everyone else!!!

I have to get ready for work. Have a great OP day everyone!

I AM going to the gym right after my training. arms/shoulders (weights) and cardio is the plan tonight.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:35 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Chicks - I had a good day yesterday (that’s 6) - I am grateful. I am doing a program at a library tonight - DH is coming with me - it's about 1 1/2 hours away. My foot is making slow progress - but, I haven’t given up hope on the dumb thing (almost, though!).

log food and calories
stretches
ice/heat
meditation
water
PMA

breakfast - turkey on toast with lite mayo, 1/2 banana
lunch - veggie omelette with lite cheese, toast
snack - strawberries, crackers and pnb
dinner - pnb and no sugar jelly on lite ww bread, apple (in the car, on the way)
snack - oatmeal, almond butter, cinn., 1/2 banana, skim milk

Welcome Jenniansmom - I find posting here does help - I often struggle at night too. Good plan!

Rhonda - it’s a wonderful accomplishment to be at your presurgery weight. I am glad you will be posting more.

Welcome Seashell - Walking is GREAT exercise!!

MJ - Did you put a dent in that pile of after vacation pile of work. Glad you could do you workout at the gym.

Cfmama - You certainly do rock!! Great plan and good accomplishments.

Lyn - you had a terrific day - that’s wonderful - you are headed in the right directions.

Schmoodle - it’s good to have ‘backup’ foods in the pantry and freezer so you can carry on before you get to the store. So nice to have a spinach fairy too.

Everyone - have a great day.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:54 AM   #13  
BlockHead =)

Good morning all
Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Schmoodle - I use a lot of SB recipes and ideas, though I'm loosely following the Insulin Resistance Diet. I have Type II Diabetes and trying to not take any meds so my body has a low tolerance for carbs esp refined carbs.

Yesterday went ok, I got so busy at work that I forgot to eat my morning snack. I did do week 1 day 1 of couch to 5k before supper. I think I'll be on week 1 for 2 or 3 weeks as it was tough! But I did it all which is more than I thought possible. I did eat a sweet treat before bed. I really just can't have them in the house. I was trying to figure out what I am getting out of eating stuff that I know is bad for my blood sugar esp at night. I think it's b/c when my blood sugar goes up I get sleepy and it's easier for me to fall asleep - so on some level maybe I am using it as a sleep aid. Not a healthy one of course, but at a seminar I went to this weekend we were talking about helping patients find out how unhealthy behaviors serve a need in their lives.

Anyway, the remaining sweet treats are going in the trash right now! Noone else in the house is eating them, so bye bye!

Today's plan:
Bfast: the usual wrap
Snack: rf cheese stick and grapes
Lunch: steak tips and portobello lean cuisine (no starch, meat and broccoli, more protein than carbs, it's a lovely thing)
Snack: cheese stick and sunflower seeds
Supper: Vegetarian chili for the IR Diet book but I add ground turkey and linguica to it and a bit of rf shredded cheese melted on top of my serving.
Snack: chocolate ricotta creme with plain whipped cream
And of course 50 oz + water throughtout the day

Will do some theraband work today to give my legs a rest before doing week 1 day 2 tomorrow.

Have a happy healthy on plan day everyone!

Last edited by jeniansmom; 10-21-2008 at 06:54 AM.
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:36 AM   #14  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hiya, Friends!

I'm all showered and make-uped and ready to start the day.

cfmama- Congrats on day 24!
Lynn - That was a lot of exercise!
Jen- Sweet carby treats are my downfall. Good for you for throwing them away!

This is an extremely hectic week for me. Today, I'm scheduled for an ultrasound of the thyroid and a parent-teacher conference for my youngest. Plus, I must not forget the 8+ hours of work to be squeezed in there somewhere. Planning to stay on-plan is gonna be key for me and 'Frank.' Not sure when I'm squeezing in the workouts, but I know I definitely plan on 30 minutes each day.

Have a great on-plan day.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 10-21-2008 at 08:37 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:25 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Busy day here as well. We are still catching up on schoolwork and spent all last evening working on it. Very stressful for DS. DD let me know at 7PM last night that it would be nice to have cookies or buttons to hand out at school today (she is running for class president). Yeah, right. This was just AFTER I finished grocery shopping. I remembered I have a bunch of bookmark blanks in my crafting supplies, so I'll dig those out today and she can decorate tonight and hand out tomorrow. But I have two loads of laundry on the line, crockpot stuffed cabbage is on for dinner, so I think I'm ahead of the game. Today is SB Phase I definitely.
Otherwise SOSO around here.

Menu:
B: spinach, cheese and turkey sausage omelet, coffee with milk
S: black-eyed peas with salsa if I need it (breakfast was very filling)
L: salad with lots of veggies, hb egg, beans, Goddess dressing, cabbage soup
S: latte or NSA hot chocolate
D: crockpot lazy stuffed cabbage, salad, NSA fudgesicle
S: yogurt with slivered almonds

Very cabbagey day!
Good luck getting through your hectic day Rhonda.
jeniansmom, your plan looks great. DH is type II also, oral meds. SB is really good for his blood sugar levels.
have a great day mj!
Beverlyjoy, hope your program goes well tonight. How well can you get around on your foot?
Lyn, You are doing really well! Your determination is inspiring.
cfmama, I agree, you do rock. 24 days on plan is awesome!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote