Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2002, 11:26 PM   #1  

Question how did you decide what diet plan to start with?

Hi-I am a new poster, have lurked around for several months off and on, but never posted. I need to loose about 100 pounds, but have never had any luck with keeping with a program. Just wanted to know what you ladies did to get started and keep motivated in the early days of your journey. Thanks!!
Old 04-01-2002, 10:37 AM   #2  

Hi and Welcome!!!

I found my "weightloss program" through my doctor (low carb).

But I was motivated right here. 3FC has been my #1 tool. I read alot here before I really even made the commitment. One day I was truly inspired and something clicked within.

I read and post as much as possible here and that helps me so much.

So, go through the site here and read as much as you can. There are really fabulous people here who are willing to support you and encourage you along the way. There is a plan for you that will work. Were all different, but there is something for everyone.

My words of wisdom: (LOL)

WATER
READ 3FC Daily

And you'll be on your way in no time..Welcome again and best wishes along your way.
Old 04-01-2002, 11:08 AM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I agree with Jenniffer. You have to try and find whaqt works. for me it is a low carb plan but many can not feel that they can do it, many others do great on a low cal/ low fat. it is what fits into your beliefs and li=fe style. if one does not work then keep trying till you find one that you are happy with. you need to make this a life change or you will get the weight right back on. so explore and try, but keep on comming for support nomattter what WOE you choose.
Old 04-01-2002, 12:18 PM   #4  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I have tried and failed with so many programs. For me the key was to find something that I thought I could "live with" for the rest of my life. That's WW for me. But i have found that I need rules and structure. Trying to just "eat better", left me too much in charge.
Old 04-01-2002, 09:20 PM   #5  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I also found that I couldn't stick to any 'plan'. I think you have to find what works best for you through trial and error. Whatever you decide to do make sure it is something you can live with and do for a long time. Just changing your eating habits while you lose weight and then go back to the way you were eating before is just setting yourself up for failure.

Some of the things I do differently now are: only having one plate of food, no seconds, filling my plate half full of veggies and the other half is divided equally between starches and protein, eating more fruits and veggies.
Old 04-01-2002, 09:41 PM   #6  

I read lots and lots to get information on all kinds of programs. I do better with a low carb program because I am addicted to carbs really bad. Sometimes though I do something else for a couple of weeks just for variety.
I always come here for support and inspiration. It's the best place to be.

Good luck on your journey.

Carol
Old 04-02-2002, 07:06 PM   #7  
hot mom wanna be!

Default Welcome!!

I counted calories to lose the first 35 and now I have joined WW last week to work on the rest. Good luck to you!!
Closed Thread