Old 08-01-2008, 04:39 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 259/247/150

Height: 5'6

Red face awwww geez! you guys rock!

i did go work out yesterday. it kicked my butt but i did it!

i went to the grocery today and bought healthy stuff. plans to make lyns cheesy enchiladas ( i aim to add black beans to the chicken-hope it tastes good) and pork chops with healthy coleslaw and rice and beans. got yogurt and fiber one( that stuff looks like gerbil food) and fruit. some beef jerkey, boiled some eggs and have turkey and cheese slices. and lots of frozen vegs to have as side dish.

now i am going to ride my bike and watch a movie.

a interesting note is that about a week ago; i hurt my toe in a weird way. i dont know if broken or not but it makes me walk weird. i was wearing thong sandals and taking tour of the Y. the floor at Y is very slick. i fell down one (1) freaking stair. just one but i sure hurt myself. the second toe on my right foot bent back to touch the top of my foot. it was kinda stuck straight out. i poked it with my finger and it kinda snapped back. but the joint closest to my foor is big and swollen and the whole toe wont bend. it doesnt HURT like you would think. but i makes me walk funny, as in different. so now my heel hurts from doing the treadmill yesterday. but i exercised the day after i did it and everyday since except for my poutypants day.

my hub says it is sprained. i think is broken. only thing is i wish it was better story.........like i was rockclimbing or playing racquetball. oh well.

my quads were killing me for days after too. but they saved my butt from falling down more and harder.

and i sure do love you guys!!
mrs dorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 07:51 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 228/224/140

Height: 5'2"

Thanks so much for sharing that. I have been in your place so many times but have not gotten out of it as gracefully as you have. (But now I have this forum (I just joined) and I think that will really help.) Your posting really spoke to my heart and I am going to reread it when I have one of those days.
NeanieBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:58 PM   #18  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

"of course, i shared my deep unhappiness with my husband and made him pretty miserable too. bless his heart. he does love me cause i was pretty unlovable for past couple of days and he didnt get angry. confused? hoo boy."

Oh I hear ya on that one, I DEFINITELY notice that I become snippy and plain 'ol mean when I'm hungry or feel pissed because I *can't* eat. After one long tirade, my normally quiet, passive husband SCREAMED at me, "Dammit, Jen, I'd rather have you fat and happy than dieting and MISERABLE!"

I knew at that moment that the next time I was going to try losing weight I had to do it in a way that I could keep up FOREVER. That means finding a way to include my favorite foods so I wasn't stomping around pouting about what I "couldn't" have... and it's worked so far...

I, like, you, just came off a LONG hiatus where I just shoved EVERYTHING in my face... and I gained back 17 pounds that I had worked so hard to lose. 1 month to gain back what it took weeks and weeks to lose!!!

But... like you... I brushed myself off. I realized that I'm not alone and I can ALWAYS put a stop to it. Which I did. Which you did. And we'll get better. And we'll fall off again in the future. But next time that happens, you let that day go by, chalk up your losses, and pick yourself up FASTER. That's the key. Good luck. We're all here for each other.
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote