Old 08-01-2008, 08:28 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday chicks and Not-so-happy first day of August, can you believe it?!?! I don't know where July has gone. I lost 2 lbs in July though. Not stellar, but I'll take it, after being plateaued for two months.
My plan for the day:
B: cottage cheese with grape tomatoes and cucumber, coffee with milk
S: raw zucchinni with hummus, V8
L: Chili, fudgesicle
S: skim latte, hard boiled egg
D: chicken divan, salad
S: Greek yogurt
I love that chicken divan, but with DH gone, those leftovers have lasted all week and I'm pretty sick of it now.

Beverly, it was actually the 97% fat free ones. I try not to eat them too often but they are good and satisfy a hot dog craving for only about 45 calories each.
Have a great day slashni!
mj, great find! I love fiestaware, but don't have too much of it. I have more of the Fire King Jadeite that I bought a long time ago at yard sales before Martha Stewart made it so popular. Some of the large mixing bowls I got for 25 cents are now selling for $60 - $80! Crazy, makes me afraid to use it or let the kids touch it, but then what is the point? I like old stuff I can use, not old stuff I can't touch. DH chooses not to touch it though because he broke one last year and I grieved for days. The fiestaware factory is a day trip from me, and I need new dishes, so I keep threatening DH that I'm going to go out there one weekend and buy myself a set.

Hope you all have a great weekend planned! Just the usual around here, errands, housework, swimming and maybe a movie.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:48 AM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverlyjoy View Post
Sunshine - sounds like you did well at McD's. Life gives us so many challenges...good for you.
Thanks!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:49 AM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoodle View Post
sunshine, bet you wished you had your pork instead, I'm sure it was more yum.
Definitely!
Old 08-01-2008, 02:07 PM   #34  

I am going to post my plan from yesterday, because today isn’t finished yet...but I am sure I’ll be OP

Breakfast: one bowl of oatmeal (100% whole grain)
AM Snack: one cheese string
Lunch: Salad + Vegetables with one “Turkey/bacon medallion”, from Aldis!!!
PM Snack: 30 pistachios
Snack before gym: 1 apple
Dinner: Salad + veggies and 2 lean beefs and onions (fried on olive oil)=delicious!!!
half cantaloupe (almost the whole thing—but I managed to stop, sometimes I can’t though)
belezura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:01 PM   #35  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

So far so good, have walked every day and plan on walking after din tonight. BF kills me though, he bought a BBQ Chicken Pizza the other night. I was able to restrain myself to pieces night before last and one piece today for lunch... he doesn't get it...
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 12:09 AM   #36  

Tonight I prepared:

~Turkey Spaghetti

~Tossed Salad

~Whole Wheat Garlic Toast

~Dessert for those who want it.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:25 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chickies! Yesterday went well with my food - I am grateful. We ate at my cousin's last night and then watched a movie. (the Bank Job -it was good) On the way home my DH said, "You did great with your food tonight.". It's nice to know that he noticed my efforts.

Today:

I need to finish tidying up my office and do some office work

lots of water
stretches
log food
PMA
meditation

breakfast - oatmeal with 1/2 banana, almond butter, cinnomon, and milk
lunch - cottage cheese with tomatoes, squash, sweet potato
snack - yogurt, fruit
dinner - grilled chicken, salad, garlic bread
snack - cheese and crackers

Hi Sunshine - great menu!

Kim - good job on all of your positive accomplishments - especially staying out of that pizza!

Belezura - you are doing great - keep up the good work.

Hi SunshineCA - hope all is going well.

Schmoodle - two pounds is slow...but, remember that's eight sticks of butter GONE. I am losing so slow too. It's taken me 4 months to lose these last ten pounds. It's not like I am close to me goal, either. But, it is what it is. So, together...like a turtle...we will move forward together. You are doing well, friend!

Shout out to Rhonda, MJ, Lynn, Darkblue, Jennie, Goldana, Slashnl and anyone else that stops by.

Have a great day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 08-02-2008 at 06:27 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 07:56 AM   #38  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! I have to take the dogs to the 'spa' LOL! That's where we tell them they are going....they are going to get a bath and their nails clipped. They look SO pretty when they are done. They are actually white again (well, the parts of them that are supposed to be white anyway).

Kim--I think you have a great plan. Great job getting your walking in and restraining w/ the pizza!

SunshineCA--Great job at McD!!!!

jennisue--Welcome!

Darkblue--How are you doing? Hang in there!!!!

Beverlyjoy--Mmm, that slush sounds really good! We just kind of played it by ear. It was nice not to feel rushed for a change! How did your appt go?

Schmoodle--We found some tomatoes, yellow beans, cucumbers, corn, and I can't remember what else right now...it's all local and SO good! Oh, I am SO jealous! I would love to have a whole set of Fiestaware, although, I'm getting close! Our 'other' dishes are all white, so it's pretty cool so mix in the different colors. I know, I totally cringe when mine get stacked 'wrong' (in my opinion) and would probably cry if any broke, but I do use it--I figure what's the point of having it sit collecting dust?

Lyn2007--Welcome!

Rhonda--You are doing fantastic!!!

Goldana--Great job! Your trip sounds fun.

Diane--Did you get your exercise in? I have been slacking big time since being on vacation!

belezura--Welcome!

I cannot believe it's August already! Tonight is my class reunion. I have to admit, I'm nervous and excited! It will be fun, though. Ok, I have to get going. Have a great on plan day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 02:49 PM   #39  

Hi chicks I have been running around all day, and so have had a weird food day so far. Not off-plan but need to get some more veggies in there and have a good snack this afternoon so I'm not starving later.
Here's the plan:
B: Veggie omelet and coffee
L: shrimp cocktail, fudgesicle
S: latte, grape tomatoes, black beans with salsa and cheese
D: Chicken cheesesteak saute, steamed green beans, insalata caprese
S: V8, yogurt with fruit

mj, have a wonderful reunion tonight!
Beverlyjoy, thanks for the pep talk. I think I am in one of those phases when I am not actively losing but things are "rearranging", because I have gotten several nice comments on my weight loss this week and also noticed that my size 16 jeans are starting to get baggy.
Good job keeping up with the walking Kim.
turkey spaghetti, yum sunshine!
belezura those turkey mignons are good. I've got a bag in the freezer right now. Big Aldi's fan here, I was just there this morning.

I had a nice morning out with my buddy, we had breakfast at the Pa Dutch market and hit the farmer's market and then the Gap. They were having a great sale, so I scored a bunch of clothes cheap and was pleased to discover I am a 14/L at the Gap, no Xs anywhere!
Oh no, it's clouding up here and I think I heard a rumble. I wanted to head for the pool soon. Hope it passes over quickly! I'd better get the clothes in off the line. Have a great day chicks!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 08-03-2008 at 08:50 AM.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:09 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi friends....yesterday, I stayed on plan - I am grateful. In the afternoon, DH suggested we go out to dinner to Bravo. Our son gave him a gift card for Father's Day. I went online and found a beautiful salad with salmon cooked on a cedar plank. I told them to hold the feta cheese and potato straws. It felt good to go in and already know what I was going to eat. The balsamic dressing was good.

I've had a good solid week on food sanity and on plan days...I hope when I weigh next week - the scale will be smiling.

For today:
office work today
meditation (done!)
stretches (done!)
lots of water
log food
PMA

breakfast - cottage cheese and 1/2 banana, pnb toast
snack - latte
lunch - egg white salad sandwich, green breans
snack - yogurt, cherries
dinner - veggie burger with lite cheese on lite bun, squash
snack - oatmeal, almond butter, raisins, cinnomon, milk

Schmoodle - your plan looks good. It's wonderful to get things at a great price!! Fun.

Mj - How was your class reunion? I bet the doggies look so purdy.

Have a great day, everyone!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:40 AM   #41  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning!

Schmoodle--14 at the Gap! Fantastic!

Beverlyjoy--Good for you for planning ahead for dinner! Yes, the dogs look (and smell!) great!

The reunion was a lot of fun! I was a little surprised, actually. Not sure why, but I was. One girl totally didn't recognize me (although I really don't look that different). Once she realized who I was, she kept telling me how fantastic I look--my hair, that I have been working out, etc--nice ego boost! One funny thing happened....two of my former classmates live right down the road from me. They kept telling everyone how they see me outside all the time w/ the dogs...no big deal, right? No, except I take the dogs outside in my pj's all the time...so who knows what they have seen me outside in! Oops!

And to top it off...I am down another pound. I am not sure exactly how, I have been really slacking w/ exercise since being on vacation. That will all change tomorrow--gym bag is already packed and mp3 player is fully charged!!

Have a great on plan day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:50 AM   #42  

Good morning Beverly, you are doing so well! I love going out to eat knowing in advance what I will order and not even looking at the menu to tempt myself. Hooray for online menus!
I was on plan yesterday, didn't have my evening snack because I didn't need to. I did take a lick of DS's ice cream cone. I was carrying it home and it got drippy, so I "had" to. I still consider it an on-plan day!
Happy Sunday to all the accountability chickies!
We had some bad storms roll through here yesterday afternoon, so our pool and outdoor movie plans fell through. Maybe today...
And speaking of today:
B: lean ham slice with sliced tomatoes, coffee with ff half & half
S: raw zucchini with hummus
L: insalata caprese, steamed green beans, NSA fudgesicle
S: latte, 2 peanut butter "cookies"
D: tuna steak, "fried" eggplant
S: Greek yogurt with peaches and cinnamon

Have a great day chicks!

Hi mj, we were simulposting! Glad you had a nice time at your reunion! And congrats on the pound and the nice comments.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 08-03-2008 at 08:52 AM.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:59 AM   #43  

Thanks for the well wishes guys!

Today I woke up a little late. Well, I was up but my DH and I had "breakfast in bed" like at 5:30am until like whenever.

I didn't eat anything until after 12pm. I had leftover whole wheat turkey spaghetti.

I stayed true to plan despite the late start.

For snack I had 1/2 a whole wheat English Muffin with peanut butter and an apple.

For dinner I prepared Pork Cutlets with Lemon, Red Onion and Rosemary (page 226 in the Quick and Easy South Beach Cookbook). It actually calls for oranges but I didn't have any, didn't want to go to the supermarket so I went with what I had available, lemons. It was absolutely delish!! With that I prepared brown rice, a tossed salad and mixed vegetables. No dessert tonight.

Last edited by SunshineCA; 08-04-2008 at 02:01 AM.