Old 06-10-2008, 12:05 AM   #16  
active kids, active mom

These are all so helpful to read.

Mine would be that I started spreading my grocery shopping throughout the week instead of doing it all in one big punch per week. This way I 1)walk to and from the store and 2)don't end up with tons of food in the house at once.
knitsforfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:36 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I made BIG changes (giving up fast food, packing a lunch every day) and little changes. Some of my little changes:

1. I always get the small size now. In the past, I had to have the Venti, I had to have the super size, I had to have the biggest. Now, I deliberately always order the smallest size.

2. I work on the third floor and always take the stairs.

3. I always measure high-calorie foods that are hard for me to estimate portions - pasta, rice, salad dressing, nuts, dried fruit. It's been 3 years, I still measure my granola, every morning I eat it.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:51 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
1. I always get the small size now. In the past, I had to have the Venti, I had to have the super size, I had to have the biggest. Now, I deliberately always order the smallest size.
Oh I really like this. I usually order the large of things like drinks because it's more cost effective (and I drink diet or tea) but it's spread over into other things. I like the idea of deliberately ordering a "small". You can always go order another if you want more, right? But I"m betting that by the time you've finished a small, you're satisfied most of the time.

I"m going to start doing this for sure!

>
PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:45 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

My little change today is:

A lot of mornings I have a kashi waffle with 1T peanut butter and 1 T grape jam on it for breakfast. This morning, instead of the sugary jam, I put a small handful of fresh organic blueberries on top of the peanut butter. Much healthier!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:56 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

I quit drinking pop, thats still a hard one for me.. sometimes I slip, but I am always conscious of it and get right back at 'er!

Another little change is that I'm bringing my lunch to work at least 3 times a week, I only work 4 days a week, that makes a HUGE difference. Also it's easy to fool yourself into taking it all 4...

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:42 PM   #21  
FB

My change today was to hook the kid trailer to my bicycle and pick up my son from the sitters rather than drive. 25 minutes round trip, 231 calories! I've been scared to do it, my hubby is the one who tows our little guy. Today I just sucked up, did it and discovered it's fine.

I love my cute little race car but despise driving short petty distances. The bike will totally replace the stop and go downtown driving saving me gas and helping my fitness a little bit.

Last edited by FB; 06-10-2008 at 06:44 PM.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:06 PM   #22  

Height: 5.6

My change today was no soda - not even the little "half-size" can that I brought into work - just in case I absolutely had to have one..... I quit drinking regular soda a long time ago and have been drinking diet - but - I am going to start working on tapering off of the soda....

I love reading everyone's entries - there are so many good ideas that I have picked up - I am going to shoot for "stealing" an idea at least once a week.... I bet I could trade in some bad habits for good ones.....

Last edited by Penney; 06-10-2008 at 09:12 PM.
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:09 PM   #23  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Yesterday and today I've made sure I got in at least one serving of fruit. I get the veggies in but as much as I love fruit somehow I don't plan it in.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:05 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

One thing this week for me is that I've started drinking decaf green tea instead of decaf coffee. I've found that it really helps stop the urge to keep eating. With the coffee I use splenda and I've found that I need to eat something after having splenda to get the sweet taste out of my mouth.

Also, I start to do my stretches right when I wake up even before getting out of bed - it's a great way to start the morning.

This is such a great thread, Lynn.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:21 AM   #25  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

Last night I made a delicious meal with a new recipe for a BBQ sauce--- I grilled the chicken, potatoes and broccoli, laid it all on my plate-- and realized that I just was NOT a huge fan of the chicken and didn't want to force myself to eat it (it wasn't bad, just not great). I knew I had a whole pineapple in the fridge that I wanted to eat before it got bad, so I ate half the chicken and ::gasp:: LEFT THE REST! I am a horrible "eat everythong on your plate" person.

And it was great. I didn't starve to death! surprise!
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:53 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

A small change from dinner last night:

We had london broil on the grill, also grilled veggies and mashed taters. Usually I have a lot of taters. This time I actually had about 1/4c of taters and whenever I wanted more, I grabbed more grilled veggies instead. I ended up eating a lot of zucchini!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:45 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

I have a little change from last night as well...

Instead of stopping to pick up something to eat on my way home from work, it was late, not into cooking, but can't go to bed without food! So I came home and had some pasta salad I'd made on Sunday! Thats huge for me! The late nights are definitely my down fall!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:14 PM   #28  

Height: 5.6

My change is not huge - but this morning - even though I could have gotten a closer place- I parked farther out and between walking into work and leaving work - probably got in about 2/3 of a mile - unfortunately I was in rather high heels today...must remember to think ahead. This morning it was not bad - this afternoon....well, it goes into the "Not So Much" category.

Last edited by Penney; 06-11-2008 at 07:15 PM.
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:44 AM   #29  
Dori

S/C/G: 258.8/234/160

Height: 5'8"

Today at the grocery store I parked far away even though there were available spots closer AND I brought the cart back to the cart return instead of leaving it.
Mommie27 is offline   Reply With Quote