Old 05-05-2008, 02:06 PM   #16  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

My NSV might seem kind of weird. This weekend my town had a fair and I wanted to go. My dog was neutered on Friday and wasn't feeling well enough to go or be left alone so my bf and I stayed home. My NSV is that I was upset that I couldn't go! Sound weird....I know. I never really wanted to go anywhere like that before. It was more like I would go just to say I went or to make my bf happy. I never really enjoyed doing things outdoors because it was too hot or I couldn't wear things that are summer like. I feel so much better now and I ENJOY being outside and I want to do things!! I feel like a different person now. We even bought new bike seats so we can go on longer bike rides!
xGurlyGrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:43 PM   #17  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

It's both a NSV and a Scale one.

I ran for 73 minutes without stopping yesterday!!

and... I'm under 200 for the first time in 15 years

Woot!
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:19 PM   #18  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Gave blood today, my BP was 106/68 !! Heart rate at 58.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:19 PM   #19  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Ideal
That is wonderful on both counts. Congrats getting under 200. I bet you have been working very hard to get where you are. Now, about the 73 min of running. I might be able to run for 73 min if a big bear was behind me and had already caught the hubby and ate him ( I can run faster than the hubby ) and the bear was still hungry lol.

Gurly
That is a very good nsv. You are seeing the changes in yourself. Not just the weight but the things you now want to enjoy and do that you didn't want to do before.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:29 AM   #20  
beth

S/C/G: 344.8/see ticker/299

Height: 5'5"

My NSV is that I'm struggling - but I'm not giving up. In the past month I haven't been consistent for 2 straight weeks - so I'm up a few down a few - but still not making any progress.

But - on the bright side - I haven't blown it all off - which at this point I probably would have in the past. I feel differently this time - like I want this for better reasons. So I try harder - and pick myself up when I fall. And that, to me, is successful!
gr8smyl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:24 PM   #21  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Mine is kind of silly, but what the heck. I'm *starving* today for some reason (probably my recent increase in cardio catching up to me), and of course someone brought in a box of donuts on the one day I could eat my own arm. Of course!

But instead of justifying a donut because of my sudden increase in appetite, I went across the street to Starbucks for an iced coffee. It'll help fill my stomach and taste a little more like a treat than plain water, thus keeping me out of the donut box. (Let's not even talk about the chocolate someone else brought in today.)
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:35 AM   #22  
Rennie

thistoo
There is nothing silly about that. When we come up with the willpower to do what we know we should do ( like not eat something we really would like ) that is a HUGE nsv

Beth
That is always a great accomplishment. This journey isn't always easy and to stay with the commitments we have made to ourself is very important. You have great dedication and I am sure things are going to turn around for you and you are going to be going in the direction you want to go.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:28 AM   #23  

Height: 5'5"

I got me a new part-time job. It doesn't pay very well, but it's manual labor, and I am SO excited about it! I know it sounds stupid, but I really want to spend 8 hours a week in continuous activity. Of course, a new job means a drug test, which as a bit of a civil libertarian, I hate. But not really a big deal.

I gave the woman my driver's license so she could confirm that I didn't volunteer to get my hair snipped for the real Laurie. For almost two minutes, she looked back and forth from the license to me. Finally, I asked her what the problem was, and she told me how much different I looked. For the first time in forever, I actually looked at the picture, and I felt like I didn't recognize me. I complain too much about my elephant calves or my jiggly thights, but this helped me remember that I've come a long way.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:32 PM   #24  
Rennie

Laurie
Congrats on the new job. I would rather find a job that I am active while I am there than sitting around or standing around being bored. Makes the time go faster. Isn't it great to realize we need to get a new drivers licenses.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:30 AM   #25  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I was looking for something to wear this morning and on a whim I pulled out an ancient pair of capris that have never fit me. I figured they still wouldn't, but I'd try them again just to see how much further I have to go. And what do you know, they fit perfectly! Yay for new(-to-me) pants!
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:51 PM   #26  
Rennie

thistoo
Always nice to find something that fits that we couldn't wear before. It is like having new clothes lol.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:57 PM   #27  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

This week I wore three necklaces that had become *chokers*.
Turquoise necklace that had become so tight the clasp wouldn't stay fastened.
Brown and yellow necklace made of amber.
My pearl necklace.

It was really nice to wear them again.

WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:44 PM   #28  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

"Now, about the 73 min of running. I might be able to run for 73 min if a big bear was behind me and had already caught the hubby and ate him ( I can run faster than the hubby ) and the bear was still hungry lol."

LOL trust me I know the feeling. I couldn't run for more then 1 minute in January, and basically never could run even in high school, so this was huge for me. Especially since my August Triathlon requires a 6 mile run which will probably take me about 70some minutes.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 03:06 PM   #29  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

Yesterday I decided to go through my closet and see what jeans I have and in what sizes. I have this favorite pair of jeans that I swear were custom made for my body. They fit perfectly when I could wear them. Well, I didn't think they would fit because I currently am wearing a size or two bigger than those jeans but I put them on anyways to see how close I was. And what do you know...they fit - PERFECTLY! Just like they did a few years ago. They are the most perfect pair of jeans I have ever owned and will be sad when they are too big...but I think I will deal!

Last edited by xGurlyGrlx; 05-09-2008 at 03:06 PM.
xGurlyGrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 04:19 PM   #30  
FB

I really do fit in 16's! I bought a pair of 16 pants a few weeks or so ago, skeptical that they fit- blamed the cut, the brand, ect ect.

I went out to get a pair of jeans- lo and behold! 16!

So I've gone from size 22 since January to 16! No muffin top! Excited! 14's here I come!
FB is offline   Reply With Quote