Old 04-05-2008, 07:48 AM   #31  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

I have recently just hit the 100lbs lost in one year. Though at the beginning of my weight loss journey I did not set goals and still don't. The only thing I try to achieve is healthy eating for life. For me setting weight loss goals would have been a recipe for disaster. I look upon any weight loss how every much much be better for our bodies in the long term if done correctly with healthy eating.
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 08:28 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 302/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissingginger View Post
I'm on a mission to lose 100 this year. I think it's doable, but it really depends on so many things.

If I see Dec 31 and the scale shows only 85 lbs gone ...do you think I would be upset about it?? I would be rejoicing! it's 85 lbs. gone! Whooo Hoooo.....

Have fun on your journey!
Ginger
I totally agree! My short term goals are 10 pounds per month - not unrealistic, really. And that would be 120 pounds without any missteps.

It really doesn't matter - as long as it comes off, and it WILL I'll be one happy camper!

Karen
KarenGinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 03:46 PM   #33  
SeaWave

I've not set any specific date-related goal, but my aim is to lose 115 lbs total. Robin, I love what you wrote : "The question is what are you willing to do EVERY day to make it happen?" It's encouraging to hear (well, read) of your kind of Success! It is a consciousness I'm trying to develop, to be aware of my daily decisions and how they lead to my success or failure. Daunting, but empowering taken the right way.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:48 AM   #34  
Kathleen

S/C/G: 308/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4-1/2"

I did it once - lost 110 lbs in 9 months, but kept it off about an hour and a half, then gained 130 lbs back the following 9 months.

I agree with several people on this post that it is more important to lose a little and then maintain that for however long it takes until you drop a few more pounds.

At my age, there is no way I will be able to lose 100 lbs that fast. I am just grateful to drop a pound or so whenever it happens. My body already feels the difference - pains in my back and ability to walk - with just the 3 or 4 pounds I have lost already. I am starting to gauge my loss with the reawakening mobility of my body. One step at a time.

If someone can lose the weight that fast and keep it off, more power to you. The main thing is just to stay healthy and be able to move.

Take care.
krosmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 12:33 PM   #35  
low carbin' it

S/C/G: ~256/153.5/154

Height: 5'6

It took me about 2 years. I never had a time frame in mind. I was so happy it all happened so fast really. I thought it would take me years and years to get it off like it took me to put it on. So, it can happen fast, sure but it can also happen slower, either way, each year you'll be lighter.
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote