Old 03-10-2008, 09:19 AM   #16  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi Wendy - I do Nutrisystem every other day and calorie count on the opposite days. I am striving for 50/25/25 (carb/fat/protein) at 1400-1500 calories.

Minimum 30 minutes of exercise each and every day, with heavier days thrown in there with strength training.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:03 AM   #17  
FB

Hiya!

Another calorie counter. I zig and zag between 1200-1500, leaning heavy on the proteins. I've cut out refined sugar and flour for the most part.
I also aim for at least 30 minutes of exercise 7 days a week, with my trusty old butt kicking Nordic Track, stationary bike or brisk walks.

Last edited by FB; 03-10-2008 at 10:04 AM. Reason: clarification
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:18 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm actually not counting anything. mainly, i'm just eating "clean" with no processed foods, loads of fresh veggies and fruits, and limited starches. I've also recently gone about 90% wheat free due to a mild allergy.. i should go 100% but i find that's too hard, and wheat isn't going to kill me, but i do have a mild reaction that makes it worth it to stay away most of the time.
I exercise about 3 times a week, mainly cardio/jogging, for about 30 minutes.
karmuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:35 AM   #19  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Another calorie counter here. I started out on Southbeach and I still follow most of their plan. The recipes are delicious and Hubby will eat like this with me.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:36 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I just plan my meals and watch my portions. Ocassionally I count calories to make sure I'm still eating in a nice range. I also try for 30 minutes to 2+ hours of exercise a day doing various things like Yourself Fitness on the Xbox, jogging, yoga, Walk away the Pounds DVDs.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:29 AM   #21  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

I'm a WWer, and I'm on the Flex Plan. I love the "flex" part of it because nothing is off limits. I also try to get varied exercise. I can't stand being in the gym all the time, so I try to get a mix of hiking/dreadmill/running/mountain biking/walking the dog for exercise.

So far this plan is working well for me!

Last edited by aerotigergirl; 03-10-2008 at 11:31 AM.
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:33 PM   #22  

I'm just kinda doing my own thing right now. I hate counting stuff (points, calories, etc..) So I'm just trying to eat healthy... No junk food, fast food, pop, candy, etc... 5 servings of fruits/veggies a day, watching serving sizes, and portions very closely, LOTS of water, and 30 minutes of exercise a day!

I just started (again) after many attempts and failures. So I can't tell you how well it works...
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:49 PM   #23  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

I too am "winging it". I don't count calories - but I am eating organic, whole foods (nothing processed) and if I want something I make it from scratch. I don't use anything with artificial sweetners. I am trying to watch portion sizes and I am now finally exercising lots - lots of walking, sprints, outdoor exercises, using my treadmill when it's too yucky outside!~

Cheers, Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:38 PM   #24  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I'm really just making up my own thing.

Here is a list of things that I'm doing and not doing:

quit drinking soda (on Feb 17th!)

go to the Y 2-3 times a week. (I got a personal fitness trainer that came free with my membership!)

no processed foods - this can mean different things to different people. For me.. no more frozen diet meals. They NEVER filled me up.

I try to stay away from canned goods. I still cook w/ low salt soups sometimes.

Try one new food a week. (this week is going to be soy milk)

Try to have a salad once a day... w/ the spray dressing.

Try to lower red meats... (not having too much luck w/ this yet)

Watch my sugar intake! I have noted that it is a complete trigger for me.

Do not limit any fruit or veggie. Go crazy!

Limit the "whites" no more white soft bread (ie. wonder bread) no white rice. (I'm adapting to brown rice)

I've really cut back on butter and cheese - it's actually shocking how much I used to eat!

I eat dark chocolate when I want something sweet. No more chocolate bars - or bags of chips.

I'm just trying to put in healthy whole foods into my meals.

Increase the good fats.. lots of nuts and avocados

Today for lunch I had a spinish and romane salad w/ dried cranberries, roasted pumpkin seeds (I roasted them myself - can't get enough! - full of zinc!) cucumber and about 2 oz of chicken breasts.. awesome!

The biggest thing this time: I'm not counting calories!! I'm not counting anything! I know that someday I might have to... but my theory is stay away from the junk and exercise and it will come off!

The biggest help for me is quitting the soda - I was drinking so much sugar it effected my taste buds. Food tastes better now.
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:41 PM   #25  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile I've been everywhere, man....

In the past six months, I have been following WW Flex Points, switched to SBD and as I sit here I think my food plan is looking more like Sugarbusters than South Beach but I also began counting calories again last week so let's say it is "six of one and half dozen of another".

I like the fat and carbs guidelines that are the "core" of South Beach diet but I don't like how you are supposed to try one food to see how your body reacts and then another, meanwhile you gain weight if you goof. That kind of trial and error is demoralizing to me. However, having said that, I do like how the plan revolves around healthy eating. I feel so much better when I follow it and I don't feel like cheating like I did when I was on WW flex points. Left to my devices, I can choose "bad" food for me and rationalize it too. (it's my evil twin, I keep saying)

I am losing on 2000 calories a day (I am probably heavier than most of you so I can eat more) being moderately active. I calculated how many calories I can have from thedailyplate.com so as long as I am losing I am okay with that. I decided to begin counting calories just because I overeat. Period! And yes, you can overeat on healthy foods. I do all the time! When I hit 2000 I am done for the day. Luckily, it is usually around 6:30-7:00 pm. I sometimes eats snacks but not always. I like a big breakfast, a medium lunch and a light dinner.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:55 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

south beach. with some calorie counting thrown in occasionally for a sanity check.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 04:40 PM   #27  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

I'm on WW flex plan, but don't go to meetings. I also try to have some sort of exercise, but I need to be more consistant with it.
Hopefulpinkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:04 PM   #28  
started 1/28/08

My plan . . .

avoid processed foods and limit high-glycemic index carbs

journal calorie intake/expenditure, aiming for a deficit of 1,000 per day

walk at least 1 hour per day (weight training and pilates-style floor exercise to be added in a month or so)
Merksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:44 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I do "organized" calorie counting. I range from 1300 - 1800 calories a day. It's usually around 1400-1500 calories every day. I make sure I have 5-7 servings of fruit and veggies. My protein can be soy, meat or lite dairy. I have two servings of dairy everyday. I try to follow this. I have six serving of "starch" too - aim for whole grain when possible.

Everyday I do meditation, stretching, journal my food (calories and other food values), drink lots of water and try to keep a positive mental attitude.

What has made the difference for me this time (out of trying many many times to get this weight off) is meditation - it seems to smooth out some of life's stresses for me.

Also, this time I am willing to take classes in anything that will help me in this journey.

I have some physical problems (foot & back), so I don't do alot of formal exercise. But, I stretches everyday.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 03-12-2008 at 04:53 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:28 PM   #30  
~Rena~

S/C/G: 361.4/222.4/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm also doing the WW program at home (I have all the material from many tries at it). I know it works BUT I'm the one that has to make it work. I've also started back at the gym...just doing the treadmill and elliptical for now (still trying to get used to exercise again). I'm also a newbie (just joined on Monday), I can't tell you how nice it is to have people that know exactly what you are going through!! And it's also very motivating to see all the before and during pics.
betty grrl is offline   Reply With Quote