Old 02-19-2008, 07:15 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Happy to say that my food was back on track yesterday. I am grateful. It's hard when I feel any physical pain...I want to jump head first into the "feed bag". But, I was able to get thru it. Today will be good, too...I hope.

today:
lots of meditation, also guided imagery
lots of water
plan and journal my food
stretches
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

breakfast - cheese toast, applesauce, 1 t. natural pnb
lunch - ff cottage cheese, scrambled egg whites with ketchup, cauliflower, brown rice
snack - yogurt, flax, crackers
dinner - veggie burger with lite cheese on lite bun, veggies
snack - cold cereal, fruit, milk

Have a good day everyone!

mj5- having a cup of tea is a great idea. Really, so simple...but, very effective

sara - Oh my goodness...I am so glad you and all the folks in the explosion were not seriously hurt. As far as your knee goes...so sorry to hear that you're back in the brace. Do what the doctor says.

txmamma- IF you ever do make a Presiden'ts tree (I still think it would be fun, too) - you must post a picture LOL. Glad you had a good day.

Purple - thanks so much for you cyberhug (LOVE those emoticons). I am pushing thru. Good job on your calories and exercises! I agree...journalling is such a useful and effective tool.

Math- not giving up after set backs is a huge accomplishment!! That's wonderful!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 02-19-2008 at 08:26 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:09 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Math--I do Jillian's DVDs every morning, so I feel like she is my trainer don't I wish she really was! I also follow her first book for my calories and so far she has really worked for me. I am doing the original dvds now, not the beginners I have to follow the modified beginner on a lot of moves, but I am getting better at least. I also just got through my first rough period without giving up we can do this, we really can this time.

I got through last night without going over calories. My daily journal/log for the year challenge is helping me so much. i write down all my objectives for the day and check them off at the end of the day, circle if it was accomplished day or not. Then on the backside I journal. The journaling is such a great help. I couldn't pinpoint why I wanted to eat so bad last night. It wasn't hunger. It wasn't an emotional binge feeling. It must have been hormonal or something This is the first time I haven't been able to find a reason, and the urges weren't strong like when it's emotional either, so who knows. I just hope it doesn't continue today.

I'm experiencing something new to me...morning hunger! I used to stuff myself so full at night I still woke up full. Now that i monitor the calories I am waking up very hungry and eager for breakfast!
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:08 AM   #18  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Accountability Partners!

I'm running behind on my work since I was out on Friday, so I only have a couple of minutes. Today is day 6 on-plan and I'm doing great with my eating. I just wish I could say the same thing for exercise. I just have this crazy mind block about getting on those scales! New job is okay...nothing has really changed because I have to clear out my last project from my previous position before I can really get started on the new stuff. I'll have tons to learn, but I'm excited. I'm also thinking of doing the 3-day walk for breast cancer in October. Also, I'm waiting on a return e-mail I sent yesterday asking for information about volunteer opportunities with the American Cancer Society in my area. I lost my Mom to ovarian cancer in 2004 and I always promised myself that I'd get involved with awareness and fund raising. There's a Relay for Life event here in my county in May. I'm looking for a team to join.

Sorry to cut things short, but I have to put a serious dent in this project. The whole thing is due on the 29th and I'm running very far behind! I'll check in later to catch up.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 02-19-2008 at 09:13 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:47 AM   #19  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! I went to the gym last night. I only made it 20 mins on the bike before my knee really started to hurt. I stopped because I don't want to end up 'benched' again. I was disappointed, but it was better than nothing!

Sara--Oh no! Thank goodness there weren't more people in the refinery yesterday! And your knee. You poor girl. Sounds like you have a good attitude right now--no, don't make it worse. Take care of yourself--it will be SO worth it in the long run!

bigtxmomma--Oh, I forgot to say something about Pres day...someone where I work wanted everyone to wear red, white, and blue to celebrate Lincoln's bday last week, but she forgot to tell most people...it would have been funny if she remembered to tell everyone! Awesome day yesterday!!! Soup is awesome! I am planning on making some veggie soup this weekend!

Purple--How are you? The gym went ok--I only did 20 mins on the bike, then my knee started to hurt, so I stopped. It was a sharp-shooting pain, so I figured I better not do any more. I was a little disappointed, but I don't want to do too much and end up 'benched' again! Wow, we must be on the same wavelength or something...just yesterday I was thinking that I need to think about what my objectives are and come up w/ a checklist so I will know if if have been 'on plan' or not for the day. The thought of a 365 challange is a little overwhelming to me, but I have been thinking about it!

mathpuppy--Great job! I have always been overweight, so I just want to be able to walk in and look GOOD. I know I won't be at my goal weight by August, and that is ok.

Beverlyjoy--I am SO proud of you! It is hard enough to do this, but when you are in physical pain, YIKES, it is much harder.

Rhonda--Great job! You will work in the time for exercise, I know you will! I think the walk is a fantastic idea. I just saw a commercial for it over the weekend.

Rakel--How are you?

As I was saying to Purple, I have been thinking a lot about the 365 day challanges that are going on. I must say, that is a little overwhelming to me. I am more of a one day at a time kind of a girl! That being said, I am also a planner! So, yesterday I was thinking about how I would like to come up w/ a checklist for what I consider an 'on plan' day--things like eating breakfast (something I struggle w/), drinking water, exercise, etc. General enough so that I don't feel TOO restricted (I tend to rebel when that happens), but enough of a guideline to give me some direction. It also has to be easy--if it feels to cumbersome, I won't do it! I am going to give it some more thought and by this weekend (I also work well w/ deadlines) come up w/ either a chart or something to use. I also want a reward system incorporated into it...besides losing weight and being healthy, I want to reward myself w/ something! I love having a plan!!! I'll share what I come up with.

I want to thank each of you because you all had a part in coming up w/ this!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:42 AM   #20  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Hey everyone,

Just checking in quick, just wanted to tell Purple the morning hunger is very new to me too!! Actually I noticed it yesterday for the first time, and now it happened again this morning. It's a weird feeling. I *used* to eat so much at night that I was never hungry in the morning.

I gotta run and get the kids dressed...chat soon my friends!

Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:43 AM   #21  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

Meh, it's 10 am and I'm just waking up. DD had a really bad bellyache around 3 am last night, so I was up for like an hour or two with her. I had a snack because I was hungry and I was fixing her toast. I had like 4 slices of deli turkey and 2 slices of 2% Amer cheese. So like 250 cal total, more than I would allot to a 3 am snack. =/ I felt bad afterwards because I wasn't really thinking about what I was doing.

TODAY will be on plan!

Food:
eggs & gimme lean
LENTIL SOUPPPPP (I made too much =/)
more lentil soup

Oh and hey Purple! Just cuz I didn't have a President's Tree doesn't mean I'm not a whacky nut. lol And also, I'm afraid of Jillian because I heard she was scary & tough. I was reading reviews on Amazon for new fitness videos and everyone was like, "omgggg I can't do Jillian." So I got a Biggest Loser DVD with Bob Harper, I think his name is. But it kicks my butt. =/

math, awesome for staying on plan and having such a good day!

Beverly, I'm so glad you pulled back on track and had a good day yesterday. And I will totally take pics of a prez tree if I ever make one.

Rhonda, that's awesome to get involved with the ACS and do something on behalf of your mom. =D That'll be very motivating.

mj5, hahahhahaah. Wow. That's pretty intense, getting dressed up for Lincoln's birthday. That's really a good idea about a checklist.

Yea, about the 365 thing. I've done 15 days so far which I've journaled for, so I think that's going to be my starting point. A year's not that long. Right? I mean, it would have been just a year where I could have potentially grown much fatter than I already am.

Okay more later I'm all blahed out. I fell asleep with DD last night so I slept poorly.
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:32 PM   #22  
mj5

Hi again! I have been so busy today, I didn't have time for my mid-morning tea. I will have it this afternoon, though--it really helps w/ the 'munchies'!

I am thinking about using a calendar, rather than a checklist now--I'll come up w/ a list of what an "on plan" day means and then each day I'll list what I do each day on the calendar--that way I am focusing on what I do each day, rather than focusing on what I didn't check off my list (I know me, that's what I would do...) Of course, the goal would be do list everything on each day--that's where the reward comes in-- X number of days w/ everything will equal a reward. Just have to work out those details!!!

Purple and Ginger--Yea for being hungry in the morning!

Ginger--Hope everyone is feeling better at your house!

bigtxmomma--I hope dd feels better! As for your snack...it could have been a lot worse!
Old 02-19-2008, 05:37 PM   #23  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

Had a good day so far. I didn't have soup because we went out for a picnic, so I had some tuna/garbanzo salad & red cabbage slaw and half a tomato. Pretty good, tho. Then a smoothie after workout. I drank a bunch of tea and water. Need more water soon, tho.

Exercise:
My own strength stuff for about 10 mins, then Biggest Loser strength & sculpt
WATP brisk, a little over a mile

DD still asleep. We need to go to the library this afternoon to return our books, and then maybe have DH meet us at the park. I'd like to go for another walk. The weather is ridiculously beautiful at this time of the year. We need to take advantage of it before the heat comes on in. =/
Old 02-19-2008, 09:12 PM   #24  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

hello, wow i am so hungry today. i think it is going to be an upper limit day.
im going to my kungfu class to workout tonight and cant wait. im a little worried about dinner afterward im sure ill be famished. i gues i could just take a momment before i dish up and think about all the hard work i have been putting in?

anyways, ill see you all later! have a good night. ill check in after dinner if i can.

Beverlyjoy- how did your day go?

Purplefirefly-morning hunger! I sorta have the opposite problem, im so hungry before I got to bed then I mysteriously wake with no hunger. i have to wonder what the heck is going on there…
Congratz on pulling through. Isn’t it great!

Girlygirlsebas- so glad you are getting involved in something that emotionally supports you as well as physicly supports you. I bet youll have no problem finding a team!

Mj-I have always been overweight too. But im telling you, this is gonna be the year for us! :Lol: good luck on your planning a plan!

Ginger- congrats on the morning hunger!

Bigtexmomma- I know those early am snacks oh so well. Wow 15 days on plan, you are my hero.
Lol you have to take advantage of the weather before the heat comes in!? wow, up here in seattle wa, we are all holding hands praying for sun we have like 5 HOT days a year tops, but im sure it doesn’t compare to texas. Have fun on your walk
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:01 AM   #25  
mj5

Good Morning! So I know I have to work late tonight, so I got up and did a watp dvd. I only did a one mile before I started feeling the pain in my knee...can't wait to get to the ortho for that injection! (Never thought I would say that!) It will at least take the edge off for now....

bigtxmomma--Sounds like you had a good day yesterday!

mathpuppy--I agree, this is our year! How did you do last night?

Ok, so far I have decided: a calendar--so I can see at a glance how I am doing. Still have to work out exactly what "on plan" means--right now leaning towards: eating breakfast, drinking at least 5 bottles of water, exercise, and healthy food choices. If I do all four of those, I will put a star on that day of the calendar. I will weigh in on Mondays and note my loss (hopefully) or whatever happens on the scale. 14 days of stars will equal a reward. They will not have to be consecutive days, although if they are consecutive, it will be a bigger reward. At the end of each month I will re-evaluate my definition of "on plan" and change it as needed.

I think that will give me some direction, w/ out feeling too restrictive.

Hope everyone has a great, on plan day!
Old 02-20-2008, 06:23 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi friends....I had a good day yesterday...am so grateful! My peices and parts are feeling a bit better.

Today I'll be gone most of the day. Storytelling all day at a school. Tonight is Open Mic Storytelling at restaurant. (yes, there is such a thing!). I don't know if I'll tell a tale...but, I am helping to organize it.

Here's my plan:

ice, heat
meditation
journal food
stretches
PMA

breakfast - egg scramble with ketchup, peanut butter toast, 1/2 banana
snack - 1/2 banana
lunch - natural peanut butter on ww with honey, applesauce, red peppers
snack - yogurt, flax, crackers
dinner - out - lental soup, small salad
snack - cold cereal, fruit milk

I'll try to get back for personals before I leave if I have time.

Have a great day everyone.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 08:20 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Beverly, I love it when you say "pieces and parts" Just always makes me smile.

Math--I am hungry at night sometimes as well, but I wake up extremely hungry the next mornings! Let us know how kung fu goes...sounds very interesting!

mj--Are you going to buy a new calendar to do this in, something special? I think you're onto a good idea.

Now, where's Sara and Rakel? They haven't been around or I am missing their posts.

I agree this is our year...we can do this
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:13 AM   #28  
mj5

Beverlyjoy--So glad it sounds like you are feeling a bit better!

Purple--Yes, I am going to buy a monthly wall type calendar--but probably not hang it on the wall--unless I hang it in our room--don't want in 'on display' for just anyone to see! Although, I will share w/ dh. I almost called dh yesterday and asked him to pick me up a calendar, but I decided that I want to pick out my own. I actually bought one for my office that I'm not really using...it would be perfect...it's called "Motivational Moments" and each month has a really cool scene of someone doing something rock climbing or whatever and a motivational statement. This month is rock climbing and the statement is about perserverence. Sounds like I already have my calendar!!! Now I just need some stickers!

Sara has been around a bit, but Rakel hasn't--hope everything is ok.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:24 AM   #29  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Accountability Friends!

Made it through on-plan day 6 by the skin of my teeth! I ended up at the very upper limit of my calories. I just couldn't seem to get full and I was craving french fries. I didn't have any, but that was only because there were none in the house. I've been feeling a bit stressed about this last work project and fighting some depression. I have a history of depression and I have to be on guard for this. I think the recent weight loss is throwing off my hormone levels. It might be time to go get my levels checked and change my hormone therapy again. I hate feeling like this! I'm usually a very optimistic person. I have a wonderful life and have absolutley nothing to be depressed about. But, that's the nature of these things...they don't always make sense. Thank goodness the sun is shining a bit this morning. I need that sun. What is really crazy is that I know exercise makes me feel better, but I just can't seem to find the energy to get on the treadmill. Arghh! I'm aggravating myself!

Momma- I haven't been on a picnic in years. Did you spread a blanket? Hmmm...I may have to try this with my girls.
Math - Plan, plan, plan.....make a plan for how to handle dinner, then enjoy.
MJ - Your calendar plan sounds great! For me, staying on-plan is all about the calories and staying within my limits for each day and for the week. I vary my calories each day in attempts to prevent plateus and keep my metabolism going. But, I do have a set limit for the week that I don't want to go over.
Beverly - Your job sounds so interesting. Hope the open mic event goes well this evening.

Today, I am working overtime again on my big project. I'm hoping to put this thing to rest by this Friday instead of dragging it out another week. We'll see. Also, I must get on that treadmill. Staying on-plan with my food + sweat equity = permanent weight loss. I know this and its time to put it into action.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:58 AM   #30  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

Good morning, accountability buddies! I am a bit tired today. This is the 2nd night in a row that DH's kept me up late because he's been in the middle of a for-fun project. Well, two nights ago he was just playing some game. Honestly, I'm all for separate bedrooms.

math puppy, KUNG FU!!!!! That's so awesome. I need to find a cool sport to do. Actually, when I get in better shape I'm totally doing roller derby. You're lucky you live in Seattle. The Pacific NW is like the most beautiful place on earth. Yea, in a month, it's going to be humid and in the 90s. The heat, I don't mind, but the humidity is unbearable. You can't breathe.

mj5, I love your idea for a reward system! I also really like your goals for what makes an on-plan day. I think that sounds very reasonable.

Rhonda, I'm sorry you're feeling down. =( That's definitely a good idea to get your hormones checked to make sure they're not having an effect on you. Yea, we go on picnics a lot, mostly because we don't have a yard, so we're always going out to the park. But we don't use a blanket! =( Too many fire ants around here. And snakes. Is Georgia the same way?

Anyway, I'm going to post because DD and I are playing hide and seek (i.e., "oooooo mommy is out of the way so now i can eat this whole tub of toothpaste!"), and I've had this window open for 45 mins! =/