Old 02-07-2008, 10:09 AM   #16  
On my way to FIT

S/C/G: 285/298/130

Height: 5'1"

I am currently trying to change my entire eating lifestyle ... BUT ... if that means that I can never, ever again taste chocolate ... forget it!!!!

I think everyone is different and you just have to know yourself. I have two big bags of chocolate candies that I bought in an after-Christmas sale (a buck a bag, lol). Each individually wrapped candy is 33 calories. When I want a little taste of chocolate, I work 2 or 3 of these candies into my caloric intake for the day.

It's now February and I still have 2 big bags of candy left! I'm not tempted in the slightest to go binge and eat 50 candies in a row -- but that's me.

Also, when I was in Washington D.C., there was a Godiva Chocolates shop in Union Station. OMG GODIVA = HEAVEN!!! I bought one 1.5 oz. bar (total 220 calories). 1/4 of the bar is a 55-calorie slice of absolute pleasure. I bought the bar SIX days ago and I still have 1/4 of it left.

I say this: If you're gonna work chocolate into your eating plan, at least make it the good stuff.
Eileen2bLean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:34 AM   #17  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Eileen - Godiva chocolate stores are in most malls so I'd check with your local mall if you haven't seen one What I really enjoy around here are the Lindt chocolate stores (and their free samples). Although most stores seem to carry Lindt chocolate but their dark chocolate is divine.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 04:16 PM   #18  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

I buy my chocolate from See's...I told my bf no chocolates this year b/c we are going to fondue and the dessert course is a pot of chocloate brought with fruit, poundcake, etc. That will be more than enough chocolate for my Valentine's Day! I agree, if you are going to have a treat, make it the best chocolate...that way it is worth the calories!!

Last edited by blueyedlvrgirl; 02-07-2008 at 04:17 PM.
blueyedlvrgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:43 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

A fruit fondue is a very cool idea.

But I think you guys are right. No point in getting myself off track. I have really struggled this winter to just maintain and now I am back on track. Not a good idea to derail it. But, maybe a little family fondue would make the family all happy. I always baked cake and cookies and bought chocolates... but if dessert was a fruit fondue, that would work. I can try and find a lowfat dip recipe... have strawberries, bananas, oranges, pineapple, apples. That would be good.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:55 PM   #20  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

i bought three organic dark chocolate bars in January and told hubby to hide them. If I wanted some, I could ask him for a piece. I think I've asked twice and it's february. I haven't even cracked one bar yet. Amazing. The power of knowing you can, and the power of choosing "not to".

Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:57 AM   #21  

Height: 5'8

Well, I think it depends on why you're buying the chocolate? I'm single & I like the treat myself on Valentine's Day thing, but this year it will be fragrance oriented. Now, if it's because you really like the chocolate, go for it, but as people have suggested, just a small box with only a few pieces.
nylisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:44 PM   #22  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

That's a tough one. For me, there are no off limit items...just things I really watch my portions of.

My Valentine's treat is always choc covered strawberries that my hubby makes for me...that way, there aren't too many in the house, because yea, I would probably eat them all!

Good luck w/ your decision!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote