Old 02-02-2008, 07:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Super Bowl Sunday

I am going to a party and taking a veggie tray with light dip & an bowl of grapes.

The people having the party are doing a turkey! Sounds like it could be a doable party.

Do you have any plans for the big game? I always love the commercials. I like football too - but, they aren't my team.

PS - Last night my mom and I went to Bob Evans Restaurant for dinner. They are closing at 7pm because of the Super Bowl. Good heavens...it's like a holiday! (I guess in the past they haven't done enough business to justify keeping the doors open that evening!)
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 10:14 PM   #2  

I used to take my two boys out to dinner when they were younger, there was never more than like 5 people in the restaurant with me -- don't blame places for closing.

We are just hanging out at home, my husband always does up lobster tails, crab legs and steak for dinner -- luckily, none of my favorites and I'm hoping to be doing laundry or cleaning when they break out the snacks!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 10:21 PM   #3  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I'm having a houseful of boys tomorrow, I love to cook for them! I get to live vicariously through them as it's nothing i can eat LOL, except for the veggies & dip I guess ....we're having:

crazy hot chicken wings
chili
potato skins with salsa and cheese
hot broccoli/cheese dip with nacho chips
veggies and fruit
mini meatball subs

LOL not gourmet cuisine but it's what those boys want!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
my husband always does up lobster tails, crab legs and steak for dinner -- luckily, none of my favorites
Gah, there's three of my top ten right there! Can I come to your house for dinner?
Beverlyjoy, to answer your question, my plans are to watch Jane Austen on Masterpiece theatre. Not a big sports fan here...
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:46 AM   #5  

Schmoodle -- Can I just send all the men (and your favorites) to your house???!! I'd like the peace and quiet I'm already planning my strategies to stay away from the munchies, but I can hear my stomach crying out for cheese doodles already! I can do this -- it's one day, right??

Last edited by shelby897; 02-03-2008 at 09:47 AM.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #6  

Help -- they are breaking out the junk food here already -- I think I can make it -- I'm chowing on a bowl of mini rice cakes and just not turning around from the computer to see what they are eating -- but I can hear the crunching!!! But, I bet I still feel good when I go to bed and they will be stuffed and uncomfortable -- I think when the game starts I'll just go hang out on the treadmill!!! Let me tell you, when I go to bed tonight, whatever they have left is hitting the garbage can -- I can't have it calling my name when they all go to school/work tomorrow!!!
Old 02-04-2008, 10:47 AM   #7  

I had a small Superbowl party and it was great, oh was the food was flying. Pizza, wings, sandwiches, nachos, potato chips, drinks, and sweets. I had a fantastic time
kimmieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:07 PM   #8  
Vegetarian Cal Counting

S/C/G: 269/Ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I must admit I gave into the food temptation last night at the Super Bowl party. Though I was better then I would have been other years. I didn't drink any calories, one diet soda and water the rest of the night. I had 2 pieces of pizza instead of the one I was going to allow myself but in the past I would have had 3 or 4. I did stick to veggies with hummus instead of the high calorie dip. I did have cake, cookies, and doritios so that wasn't so good. Dusting myself off today and right back on track!
Switzie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:35 PM   #9  

Me too. I had more than I planned but less than in the past -- so I figure I'm still okay. Glad it's over Back on track today and don't feel too bad.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:38 PM   #10  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

Well, it wasn't much of a party with just me and DBF, but I stayed on plan. I figured that since I wasn't having to cater to the palates of non-healthy eaters, that I'd just eat normally. I grilled some turkey burgers on the Foreman and I had a pear for dessert, since I had my "dessert" for breakfast... I made cinnamon rolls (the canned kind that were 150 cals a piece).
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 360/ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Well my family had out all the goodies.....
chips
cakes
hot wings
mini hot dogs
pizza
cheese platter
ribs and steak
and everything thats about 1000 calories a bite lol....
But I was so nervous because im a giant fan that i didnt eat anything. So it helps screamin at the tv and jumping up and down....I think I may have lost weight!!!!
Yay Giants!!!
krissy1319 is offline   Reply With Quote