3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Super Bowl Sunday (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/133374-super-bowl-sunday.html)

Beverlyjoy 02-02-2008 07:16 PM

Super Bowl Sunday

I am going to a party and taking a veggie tray with light dip & an bowl of grapes. :)

The people having the party are doing a turkey! Sounds like it could be a doable party.

Do you have any plans for the big game? I always love the commercials. I like football too - but, they aren't my team.

PS - Last night my mom and I went to Bob Evans Restaurant for dinner. They are closing at 7pm because of the Super Bowl. Good heavens...it's like a holiday! :dizzy: (I guess in the past they haven't done enough business to justify keeping the doors open that evening!)

shelby897 02-02-2008 10:14 PM

I used to take my two boys out to dinner when they were younger, there was never more than like 5 people in the restaurant with me -- don't blame places for closing.

We are just hanging out at home, my husband always does up lobster tails, crab legs and steak for dinner -- luckily, none of my favorites and I'm hoping to be doing laundry or cleaning when they break out the snacks!!! :D

Trazey34 02-02-2008 10:21 PM

I'm having a houseful of boys tomorrow, I love to cook for them! I get to live vicariously through them as it's nothing i can eat LOL, except for the veggies & dip I guess ....we're having:

crazy hot chicken wings
chili
potato skins with salsa and cheese
hot broccoli/cheese dip with nacho chips
veggies and fruit
mini meatball subs

LOL not gourmet cuisine but it's what those boys want!

Schmoodle 02-03-2008 09:14 AM

Quote:

my husband always does up lobster tails, crab legs and steak for dinner -- luckily, none of my favorites
Gah, there's three of my top ten right there! Can I come to your house for dinner?
Beverlyjoy, to answer your question, my plans are to watch Jane Austen on Masterpiece theatre. Not a big sports fan here...

shelby897 02-03-2008 09:46 AM

Schmoodle -- Can I just send all the men (and your favorites) to your house???!! I'd like the peace and quiet :D I'm already planning my strategies to stay away from the munchies, but I can hear my stomach crying out for cheese doodles already! I can do this -- it's one day, right??

shelby897 02-03-2008 04:27 PM

Help -- they are breaking out the junk food here already -- I think I can make it -- I'm chowing on a bowl of mini rice cakes and just not turning around from the computer to see what they are eating -- but I can hear the crunching!!! :dizzy: But, I bet I still feel good when I go to bed and they will be stuffed and uncomfortable -- I think when the game starts I'll just go hang out on the treadmill!!! Let me tell you, when I go to bed tonight, whatever they have left is hitting the garbage can -- I can't have it calling my name when they all go to school/work tomorrow!!! :D

kimmieone 02-04-2008 10:47 AM

I had a small Superbowl party and it was great, oh was the food was flying. Pizza, wings, sandwiches, nachos, potato chips, drinks, and sweets. I had a fantastic time :)

Switzie6 02-04-2008 01:07 PM

I must admit I gave into the food temptation last night at the Super Bowl party. Though I was better then I would have been other years. I didn't drink any calories, one diet soda and water the rest of the night. I had 2 pieces of pizza instead of the one I was going to allow myself but in the past I would have had 3 or 4. I did stick to veggies with hummus instead of the high calorie dip. I did have cake, cookies, and doritios so that wasn't so good. Dusting myself off today and right back on track!

shelby897 02-04-2008 01:35 PM

Me too. I had more than I planned but less than in the past -- so I figure I'm still okay. Glad it's over :dizzy: Back on track today and don't feel too bad.

LindseyLouWho 02-04-2008 04:38 PM

Well, it wasn't much of a party with just me and DBF, but I stayed on plan. I figured that since I wasn't having to cater to the palates of non-healthy eaters, that I'd just eat normally. I grilled some turkey burgers on the Foreman and I had a pear for dessert, since I had my "dessert" for breakfast... I made cinnamon rolls (the canned kind that were 150 cals a piece).

krissy1319 02-04-2008 10:36 PM

Well my family had out all the goodies.....
chips
cakes
hot wings
mini hot dogs
pizza
cheese platter
ribs and steak
and everything thats about 1000 calories a bite lol....
But I was so nervous because im a giant fan that i didnt eat anything. So it helps screamin at the tv and jumping up and down....I think I may have lost weight!!!!
Yay Giants!!!