Old 01-29-2008, 09:36 PM   #16  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I know I've posted on this before because I remember posting a picture of the squash!

It taste nothing like spaghetti but I still love it.

I use a microwave (just poke holes it in when you zap it) and then cut and scrape the guts out. I pour spaghetti sauce over top of it and ta-dah! Done. Really, the microwave is the best way to cook that sucker.

If anyone is from the Cincinnati area, I also have made Cincinnati Chili (vegetarian) and poured that over it.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:53 PM   #17  
Shrink Spot Shrink!

S/C/G: 324/324/215

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Born to fly - it's called SPAGHETTI squash. When it's done cooking, you scrape out the flesh and it kinda comes out in long strands - like spaghetti.

See Spot Shrink, I wouldn't call it identical to pasta. The consistiency is not the same and it's pretty bland and DOES need lots of spices to make it taste yummy. I use tons of fresh garlic and onions and pepper and some marinara and I find it to be an excellent substitute for pasta. EXCELLENT.

And I too find that 40 minutes is way to short to cook it. You want it nice and soft.
Thanks, Robin!
See Spot Shrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:02 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

So, I picked one up tonight. I have never heard or seen it before, but it's kinda big. Does one whole one feed one person, usually? Will it keep in the fridge or should it be eaten in one sitting?
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 05:35 AM   #19  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToFly View Post
Does one whole one feed one person, usually? Will it keep in the fridge or should it be eaten in one sitting?
Depends on the size of the squash and whether you're eating it as a side or as your main dish. In my house, it's just me and my fiance, and we can each usually get a very good-sized meal out of 1 squash (which could probably be 3 meals for one person else--we eat a lot), sometimes with more left over. It will keep in the fridge
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote