3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Sarah (lessofsarahtolove) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/132778-sarah-lessofsarahtolove.html)

Jen415 01-29-2008 02:09 PM

Hugs to you Linda....I can hear your pain through your words......

Angel33 01-29-2008 04:53 PM

I am so sad to hear about this.
My heart goes out to Sarah and Lorraine.:hug:

Nori71 01-29-2008 05:20 PM

So sorry to hear this news. Hodgkins sucks. When I think of Sarah, I think of sunshine. I didn't know her IRL, but her spirit came shining through in her posts here. You could sense that NOTHING kept her down. I'll keep her and Lorraine in my prayers.

Sandi 01-29-2008 10:32 PM

Just checked the Hodgkins board - no update yet.

Sarah - more prayers coming your way. Fight, Fight, Fight!! :boxing: Can't get you off my mind girl.

tolose85 01-30-2008 08:24 AM

The latest on Sarah

As per John on the Hodgkins board:

"Sorry for the late update, everyone. I know you're all waiting for news. Lorraine and I played a bit of phone tag this evening. She left me a message that was mostly garbled, but basically said that the docs aren't expecting Sarah to pull out of this. If she does make it through the night, it's really just a matter of time. The have her pretty heavily sedated, so she's not suffering at all. In Lorraine's words, "She's not in any pain and is very much loved."

Lorraine said that she's just exhausted - physically, emotionally, mentally. I can't even imagine. Please continue to support her in prayer as she goes through this very difficult time.

jillybean720 01-30-2008 09:00 AM

Thank you SO much to all of you who have been providing updates. Sarah and Lorraine--AMAZING women. I know I'm not a particularly emotional poster on here, but reading this thread brought tears to my eyes (probably shouldn't have read beyond the first post while I'm here at work!).

Every single post of Sarah's was always shining. When I first started coming here to 3FC, her posts stood out to me because of her positive energy and obvious joie de vivre, and that was before I even knew about the cancer.

She battled for so long. And she has touched so many. She is being taken far too soon, but, if nothing else, I'm happy she won't have to battle anymore. Her energy, attitude, personality, and spirit shone through in situations where many would have given up long ago. We can all learn a great lesson from her on how to truly love and live life.

Sarah, you're an unparalleled inspiration to me and so many others.

Lorraine, I'm so glad for Sarah to have you in her life. She was very fortunate to have your love and support.

Steelslady 01-30-2008 09:59 AM

I am so very sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with Sara, Lorraine, and their family members and friends.

shelby897 01-30-2008 10:06 AM

Just wanted to add my prayers for Sarah and Lorraine -- After reading this thread when it originally started, I went back and read some of Sarah's postings, as well as visited her site and links -- she is truely an amazing and inspirational individual and surely has touched 100's of lives with her positive energy, even in the most difficult of situations. I'm sure those who know and love her are better people because of her. I wish her and Lorraine comfort at this difficult time.

Stepping Out 01-30-2008 12:47 PM

I'm mostly a lurker on 100 +, and I used to look forward to Sarah's posts. Even through her battle with Hodgkin's, she was always so positive and encouraging. I remember checking her blog about a month ago to see if there was any news. :( My heart and prayers go out to Lorraine, and to all here who knew and loved Sarah. :grouphug:

PaulaM 01-30-2008 08:10 PM

I'm new so don't know either of them, but they will both be in my prayers

Gardenwife 01-30-2008 09:55 PM

She is gone. :cry: