3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Sarah (lessofsarahtolove) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/132778-sarah-lessofsarahtolove.html)

Sandi 01-28-2008 02:59 PM

Sarah (lessofsarahtolove)

For those of you who know Sarah (lessofsarahtolove) I am very sad to report that upon reading her website, her life parter, Lorraine, has written this...

Quote:

It is with much sadness that I inform you that Sarah has been in the hospital since Tuesday. She has steadly declined and is currently on life support. Sarah was the love of my life, my strength and my best friend and I will miss her dearly.
Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
This was posted om Sunday.

Please keep Sarah in your prayers.

nelie 01-28-2008 03:04 PM

Oh Sarah, I am so sorry to hear this. She has had so much trouble and I was hoping she would pull through yet again.

tolose85 01-28-2008 03:06 PM

Sarah- lessofsarahtolove

Guys-

New post on Sarah's blog. Lorraine has posted that Sarah is in the hospital, steadily declining and is on life support. Please keep your thoughts and prayers with both Sarah and Lorraine.

I have no further updates at this time but will keep you all posted as soon as I hear anything.

tolose85 01-28-2008 03:19 PM

As of Sunday, the update is that she is unconsious. Apparently she had contracted a fever and its an infection that's taking over her body. I'm searching for additional information and as soon as I find anything out, I'll share. I really feel so sad and numb all over. I never thought this day would come and Its just too soon.

barbygirl43 01-28-2008 03:54 PM

Aww man. I'm so sorry to hear this.

GirlyGirlSebas 01-28-2008 04:00 PM

I am so very sorry to hear this. Sarah was an inspiration to so many of us.

mezmerize 01-28-2008 04:01 PM

Lorraine, I don't know if you this but Sarah touched many here and I will say a prayer for you and her. To describe Sarah as amazing wouldn't do her justice!
Mezster

Sheila53 01-28-2008 04:03 PM

I'm so incredibly sorry to hear this. She's really been fighting hard these past few years. My thoughts are with her and Lorraine.

chick_in_the_hat 01-28-2008 04:06 PM

Oh man :(...sending :goodvibes to Sarah and Lorraine.

suzie76 01-28-2008 04:07 PM

I am so very sorry to read this. My thoughts and prayers are with Sarah and Lorraine.

Sherry

glynne 01-28-2008 04:27 PM

Thoughts and prayers for Sarah and Lorraine.

tolose85 01-28-2008 04:30 PM

As per a message from a member on the Hodgkins Board community:

As of 1/27/08
"Sarah's on complete life support and in Lorraine's words "Sarah's not going to make it". Lorraine will be heading back to Birmingham in the morning (today), with the living will and have the life support removed."

I haven't heard anything more than this but will keep you all updated as soon as more is available.

junebug41 01-28-2008 04:32 PM

May Sarah find her peace- she was a true warrior among us... My thoughts are with Lorraine.

Heather 01-28-2008 04:34 PM

How simply sucky. Sarah was simply a LIGHT. I didn't really know her at all and yet she exuded such a love for life. She was infectious with her enthusiasm and I so hoped she would pull through again.

Thanks so much for all the updates. :hug: to all.

mandalinn82 01-28-2008 04:39 PM

Thank you for the updates. I'm sending all of my best and peaceful thoughts over to Lorraine and Sarah, that this may be as peaceful as possible for the two of them.

midwife 01-28-2008 04:52 PM

Sending thoughts of peace and blessing for Lorraine and Sarah.

So sad.....It's not fair.

NotTheCheat 01-28-2008 04:57 PM

Wow - what heartbreaking news. Sarah was very active here when I first started and I thought she was such an inspiration and such a beautiful soul.

LindseyLouWho 01-28-2008 05:02 PM

Although I didn't know Sarah, I did remember seeing her posting around a bit when I first came here. It's incredibly sad that such a wonderful person is being taken so soon. My thoughts and prayers are with Sarah and Lorraine.

Inca's Momma 01-28-2008 05:07 PM

I am so very sad to hear this. Although I don't post often, I do still lurk to keep track of some of the older members that I've been friends with for years. I was just thinking of Sarah the other day and wondering how she was. :( I'll keep Lorraine and Sarah in my thoughts and prayers.

Sheila53 01-28-2008 05:51 PM

The latest update from the Hodgkins board says:

"Just got off the phone with Lorraine...
She spoke with Sarah's doctor's at Emory today who suggested she hold off on removing life support until the doctors have exhausted a couple more efforts. Today, they were trying to get her digestive system jump started again. It all just shut down over the past couple of days.

Anyway, Sarah is still with us. The doctors are saying that the chances are very low that she'll pull through, but that any chance is a chance."

Miracles can and do happen. . . . Hoping for a miracle for Sarah.

tolose85 01-28-2008 06:31 PM

There's a glimmer of hope and we all know Sarah and her will and determination... I am truly praying for a miracle... She's strong. I pray she pulls through this. Thanks Shelia for the update...

nelie 01-28-2008 06:42 PM

I was reading over the information on the Hodgkins board and I was very glad to hear there is some hope.

She truly is a strong woman, stronger than I could ever be. I was reading over many of the comments on the Hodgkins board and she has been a pillar of strength for many there.

Sarah, we haven't given up hope.

FresnoBeeDude 01-28-2008 07:00 PM

Does anyone have a link to her profile, so I can check her out? I don't recognize the name, but if I got the profile, I could see where she posted?

kimmieone 01-28-2008 07:06 PM

I will be praying for her and her family, this makes my heart ache.

Heather 01-28-2008 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FresnoBeeDude (Post 2024812)
Does anyone have a link to her profile, so I can check her out? I don't recognize the name, but if I got the profile, I could see where she posted?

Just do a search on her username: lessofsarahtolove

Jennifer 3FC 01-28-2008 07:19 PM

This is terrible news. I will pray for Sarah and Lorraine. Sarah was one of the most vivacious and inspiring members that we ever had, and I'm sorry that I never got to know her better.

LisaMarie71 01-28-2008 07:30 PM

Everyone who read her posts knows that Sarah is a special woman, and an inspiration to so many people. She and Lorraine are in my prayers.

rockinrobin 01-28-2008 09:31 PM

Oh my. I was actually thinking of her the other day.

It just doesn't seem fair. How can such an incredible woman can suffer so much?

My thoughts and prayers are with both Sarah and Lorraine.

boiaby 01-28-2008 10:22 PM

Jennifer said it, vivacious. Such a beautiful, courageous soul. Be well in peace and light Sarah and Lorraine.

Beverly

Jen 01-28-2008 10:28 PM

Oh man, this really sucks. I've had her blog bookmarked forever and I swear I check it several times a week to see if anything is going on. She hadn't posted anything in July but Sandi had checked on the Hodgkins boards and she was posting there so I knew at least she was still alive and kicking. I hope that she does pull through this and though I am not particularly a religious person I will definately say a prayer tonight and mean it with all my heart. I've missed her on this board so much but I knew she needed to spend her valuable time with people who relate to what she was going through and support them and get support back.

SnowboundChick 01-28-2008 10:35 PM

I was just thinking of her on Sunday and happened to check out her blog and see this. I too am saying a prayer for Sarah and Lorraine and sending positive vibes.

Goddess Jessica 01-28-2008 10:57 PM

Sarah - Girl, I love you!
Lorraine - Hang in there! The strength you have is amazing!

djs06 01-28-2008 11:01 PM

I have been dreading this, and I just checked her blog the other day and had a sinking feeling when I saw again that she hadn't updated since July. Sarah has been a real source of inspiration and support for me in a lot of different ways, and is truly a wonderful person. I am so saddened to hear this news, but I will keep her and Lorraine in my prayers- I hope so much that she can pull through this. I still have all the PMs we sent to each other a few years ago- she really helped me out more than she probably ever thought.

If there was anyone that deserved a healthy and happy life, it would be Sarah. I hope she can pull through.

knitsforfive 01-29-2008 12:12 AM

Oh how sad. I haven't read any of her posts, but she sounds like a lovely person.

Cassie501107 01-29-2008 12:23 AM

:(

How incredibly sad. She is in my prayers.

math puppy 01-29-2008 03:13 AM

thoughts and prayers out to you girls.

Moosegirl 01-29-2008 03:32 AM

I didn't know her but reading your posts she sounded like a wonderful person so I will keep her in my prayers and her partner also. God Bless.

ellis 01-29-2008 07:13 AM

Thank you for letting us know, Sandi.
Hugs and prayers for Sarah and Lorraine. :grouphug:

modkittn 01-29-2008 08:56 AM

Sending :goodvibes and :grouphug: to Sarah and Lorraine.

tolose85 01-29-2008 09:44 AM

Haven't heard an update as of yet. I've been checking the Hodgkins boards on and off today... Sheila, have you gotten any news?

I can't stop thinking about them...