Old 12-26-2007, 04:20 PM   #16  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

Ugh, I feel miserable today.

Way too much food. Waaaaaaay too much food. I'm bloated and lethargic and I just feel like crud.

I'm going to try to get right back on plan, though. I hate feeling like this. I don't even want to step on the scale; nor do I want to put on jeans.

I ordered myself a new journal this morning, and one of my resolutions this year is to journal regularly. It's always helped me to keep my thoughts straight in the past, but I guess I just strayed away from it and never really got back into the habit.

I hope everyone made it through the holiday season intact, and I hope those of us who strayed can get right back where we need to be.
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:43 AM   #17  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! I cannot wait for the weekend! Not that we have big plans...that the whole reason I can't wait! I could really use some r&r! The best news is, I have a four day weekend...treat to myself for only taking 1 day off for Christmas! (It was a scheduling issue at work, otherwise I would have taken more) I did get to the gym last night. Can't say I gave it my best effort....I was really tired, but I did my cardio. My knee is acting up...I really need to make a point to call the drs office! It's not calling that is the problem, it's being available for them to call me back that has been the problem lately! Today might be an 'ok' day to be able to give them my cell # for a call back....work gets in the way so much sometimes! I did great w/ food yesterday--it felt so nice to eat a reasonable dinner for a change!

Tonight is the gym, then groceries, then home to relax w/ hubby and the dogs.

Rakel--I hate the waiting!!!

Sara--Good for you for getting right back on plan! I think journaling is a great idea.

Hi to everyone else! Cheryl, you haven't been around in a while. Hope you are hanging in there!

Have a great day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:44 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi folks.....oh man - the best intentions for a sane food day went out the window when temptation of all the xmas goodies in the house got the best of me last night. I packed up the candy and put it in a box for my husband to give away or pitch. I can't go back to insane eating.

My plans for today:

meditate!!
water, water, water,
stretches
journal food
get the junk OUT of the house

food plans

breakfast - egg white scramble, 1/2 banana, pnb toast
snack - carrots
lunch - ff cottage cheese, fruit, ww garlic toast, veggies and lite dip
snack - natural applesauce with ff cheese
dinner - turkey, potato, veggie
snack - oatmeal, flax, milk

Sara - I like to journal too. It's a useful tool for me. Glad you ordered one.

Nicolen - Earthquake!! Glad you are OK. Hope the kitty is OK, too.

rakel - good luck! I hope the job works out.

mj5 - Good for you...going to the gym when you don't feel like it rocks!!

Everyone - have a GREAT day. Drink LOTS AND LOTS of water to help get the sugar out. Keep it simple and ease back into it. We can do this!!

-Beverly

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 12-27-2007 at 08:53 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 09:16 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, draggin' my butt back again today with my head hung in shame. Cookies are evil. Here's today's attempt:

B - Chicken salad on toast, 2 date nut balls
S - Celery with LCLC, V8
L - Broccoli Cheese Soup
S - Apple and a latte
D - Beef -vegetable stew

Rakel, I am sending you positive energy. Hope you hear something soon!
Beverly, I had the same issue (again). You're right, it's all got to go.
You are showing us the way, mj!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 11:47 AM   #20  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Morning everyone!

I don't really have a heck of a lot to say today - went back to work and struggled for motivation to get anything done. I got a wee bit done, but not a heck of a lot. Everyone's in holiday mode still, so most people are feeling the same way. I wanted to get to the gym after work, but the gym hours were 9am - 4pm yesterday and today. Makes it a bit hard to get there when I work 7:30 - 4. Such is life - I'll go on Saturday.

Beverly, good on you getting the rubbish out of the house!

MJ, hope you're able to get an appointment with the doctor.

Rakel, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Let us know when you find out...

Sara, hope you're feeling better today!

Schmoodle, get those cookies out of the house!

Take care ladies
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 02:09 PM   #21  
mj5

Hi again! I never did call the drs office today. Tomorrow my doctor isn't in, so I'll wait until next week. I am hoping I can get by just asking my questions over the phone, rather than making an appt...is a 40 minute drive to their office. I will make an appt if I have to, though.

Beverlyjoy--Good for you for getting that stuff out of the house! Thanks for the reminder about the water! I usually do pretty good, but have been slipping a bit w/ that lately.

Schmoodle--No shame. Dust yourself off and start today fresh.

Nicole--We were the same way at work yesterday! Today is a bit better, but not great. That stinks about the gym hours. Are you able to go for a walk or a swim or something else? How's your kitty? Probably thrilled to be home!

Wow, you are all really great for my ego! It's sometimes funny to me to think that I am motivating someone else! Of course, I get LOTS of motivation from all of you!!!!
Old 12-27-2007, 04:02 PM   #22  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

Still feeling a little rough today, but I'm just pushing on through it. My sleep really has been all over the place lately; my body just isn't tired until like, 9 AM, and then I sleep until 2 or 3 PM. Dunno what's going on there, but it's messing with my eating cycles, and I'm not happy with it.

My goal for the next few days is drinking more water. I know some of the poundage I've put back on is water, and I want to get that taken care of ASAP.

And I agree. Cookies are evil.
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 05:00 PM   #23  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrisaratops View Post
Still feeling a little rough today, but I'm just pushing on through it. My sleep really has been all over the place lately; my body just isn't tired until like, 9 AM, and then I sleep until 2 or 3 PM. Dunno what's going on there, but it's messing with my eating cycles, and I'm not happy with it.

My goal for the next few days is drinking more water. I know some of the poundage I've put back on is water, and I want to get that taken care of ASAP.

And I agree. Cookies are evil.
I'm constantly struggling with my insomnia too... or whatever it is. I went to bed last night at 4:30am or 5, and got up today at 1:20pm, but I've been much worse than that! It is frustrating when you're trying to lose weight, but I've found that if I get up too late then my exercise goes out the window, because I have a hard time exercising after it gets dark (for outdoor things), and the apartment complex gym closes at 11pm anyway. Then, I could do DDR in my house but it is noisy so I can't really do it late at night.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:11 AM   #24  

Hi folks....I made it thru yesterday. I ate my planned food and I hope I can build on it. I hate those uncomfortable feelings of wanting all the food in the house. Ugh. I am trying to get thru another day. All that water..slosh, slosh.

stretches
journal food
water, water, water
ice & heat
2 appointments today

food -

breakfast - ff cottage cheese and banana, pnb toast
snack - apple
lunch - egg white scramble with lite cheese, toast, veggies
snack - yogurt, flax, crackers
dinner - french toast, lite sausage, sf syrup, veggies
snack - cherrios, banana, milk

schmoodle - I agree cookies ARE evil!. Don't hang your head in shame. We all have rough times - everyday is a new beginning.

nicolen - Yes, getting back into the routine at work is sometimes tough. Good planning to the the gym tomorrow!

mj5 - I hope you get a hold of the doctor. Yes...you DO motivate others!

rakel & sara - I hope you guys can get some sleep. It may sound silly - but, when I can't sleep - a glass of warm milk does it for my (tripophan in the milk, I think).

I hope you all have a GREAT day. Drink lots of water - do the best you can.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 12-28-2007 at 07:19 AM.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:25 AM   #25  

Hello all I would like to join your group for a little extra support for the new year coming. I also did some unhealthy food intakes over the last month or so extra stress and holidays mixed together doesn't make for a healthy me. I have set some new goals for myself being in more control daily, doing something each day for me, eat healthy and fit in my exercise no matter whats going on. I am not putting a lb. amt that I want to lose figure if I do all the above it will follow hopefully I am right with that one. I have a trip to HI in March to see my new grandson and want to be feeling great and look healthy too. I plan on it anyways at this pt. want to make it happen! I am a young gram, like to kayak, camp, knit, sew quilts, gamble a bit for fun only, and just enjoy life. Look forward to knowing you gals here. Social work is my line of work and I work with special folks and its rewarding but also can be stressful at times. Thats it! Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!
Breakfast: 1 boiled egg, 1 raisin english muffin with a little jam no butter
Snack: plans etc. 1 fiber bar one bar
Lunch: salad with low cal dres.
Snack: 1 orange
Dinner: homemade pizza with veggies and hot peppers some cheese
Snack: a glass of red wine or maybe two.
No eating past 7:30 Lots of water only blk coffee
A visit to the gym to work out at least 45 min.

Last edited by cckayac; 12-28-2007 at 07:29 AM.
cckayac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 03:54 PM   #26  
mj5

Hi everyone! Wow, today was SUPER busy! It was good though, I was able to get a lot accomplished. I am off from work Monday and Tuesday and I am VERY excited about that! A much needed long weekend!

I'll try to pop back in later, but if not tomorrow. No gym tonight, but I am going to do my new workout dvd at home later. I am really excited to give it a try! It's a WATP one w/ resistance bands. Even hubby said he might try it.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:16 PM   #27  
is recommitted

Well, I'm losing about a lb a day (starting from around 278) for the past few days, it's probably just water because I haven't really been exercising or anything, which I really need to start up again. I just feel so... unmotivated and kinda "blah". The holidays were nice but over all but I'm just not as happy as I usually am, I'm not myself.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:07 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Rakel--a pound a DAY? Wow, that is amazing...whatever it is, hope it keeps working!

I have been MIA, but know that I am still working hard, pluggijng away here, though the scale seems stuck at 236 this week..that's okay, that surprise lb from last week is staying off at least. Hubby is home and kids are nuts needing help with all the new toys...hopefully I can get back to normal and be around more when they start back to school on the 2nd. Tomorrow is a birthday party of daughter's friend, no temptations there.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 03:28 AM   #29  
is recommitted

purplefly -- yeah I think it's just because I've had a lot of salty foods lately and so I was retaining some water and now that's getting all sorted out. I doubt I have lost that much FAT! I won't be losing any more fat until I get back down to 274. I was 276 today, so who knows! :P
Old 12-29-2007, 07:56 AM   #30  

Hi folks...I squeeked through a healthy day - I've got two under my belt (literally!) since my five day food bender around Christmas. I am hoping I can build on this. My plans:

meditation
stretching and movement
water, water, water
journal food

plans

breakfast - grits, ff cheese, flax, applesauce
snack - veggie
lunch - turkey and lite cheese, open face, mashed carrots and turnips
snack - banana, lite cocoa
dinner - lite grilled cheese, tomato soup, veggies and dip
snack - cherrios, strawberries, milk