View Poll Results: What hair length do you think looks best on overweight women in general?
short 8 20.51%
medium (shoulder length) 21 53.85%
long 10 25.64%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2007, 08:55 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I don't think you can say, "X-length hair looks good on all overweight people." A lot of it has to do with the shape of the face, confidence (I can't "carry" short hair), and hair type.

I can't answer the poll, but I'll say that my personal hair has always been shoulder length or longer. I like ponytails.
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:01 PM   #17  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I would love to have my hair like this (and I have had it like that before)

http://beauty.about.com/od/hairstyle...rownhair_3.htm

I'm actually growing out my hair because I want to start running and when I tried before it got cold and dark, it was difficult for me to put my hair up. I tend to alternate between shortish hair to medium length hair although shortish is my favorite.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:04 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 233/188/130

Height: 5'6"

I don't think you can just declare that one hairstyle flatters all. It has a lot to do with the shape of your face. Personally, I have an oval face and high cheekbones, even at my heaviest, so I can get away with anything. (I have hair down to my thighs and I wear it up 90% of the time. No, it is not a security blanket, no, it does not drag my face down, nor is it aging or unflattering or dating or any of the other things I've seen mentioned in this thread. It's just my own personal preference.) But I think if you tend to carry a lot of weight in your face, or even if you are thinner with a rounder face, (or conversely if you have a longer, narrower face) that makes more a of a difference to what flatters you than how heavy you happen to be.

Last edited by Rosemund; 12-13-2007 at 11:04 PM.
Rosemund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:58 PM   #19  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

I love my short hair, but I think a lot of it has less to do with weight and more to do with facial structure and hair type.

Thank you Scottish heritage for "blessing" me with thick, red hair that starts to wave after it reaches a certain length. I got tired of fighting with a straightener every single morning to make myself look decent, so I chose to go shorter, and I love it.

I think a lot of it depends on what you're most comfortable with, as well. If you're comfortable exposing more of your face/neck, then short hair could be an option. If you're uncomfortable with certain aspects of your face/body that would be exposed, then maybe it would be worth reconsidering.

I don't think you can say "Oh, overweight women look better with 'x' style hair", because we're all shaped differently, and have different bone structures, etc.
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 12:05 AM   #20  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

I like long hair! On everyone! On people of all sizes and genders, on dogs, on cats.... i like long hair!
Spinymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:14 AM   #21  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I think it depends on the shape of the face and the type of hair.

I have a round face and naturally curly hair. My hair falls just below the shoulder blades (in the back) when it's down (it's layered). If I cut it too short It would probably make me look more frumpy because the curl would poof it out (no matter how many layers my stylist puts in it).

Last edited by tamaralynn; 12-14-2007 at 08:15 AM.
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote