Old 12-04-2007, 10:11 AM   #16  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Ugh, I am feeling absolutely miserable. They are testing the fire alarms today, so it was quite a rude awakening to hear the fire alarm going on and on, plus some guy pounding on the door, plus feeling like I wanted to barf. Last night I went to Applebees with John and a friend, and I got one of their weight watchers meals, which is cool, it was only 370 calories, except it was loaded with salt, and of course, of all things John wanted to get an appetizer and I couldn't stay away from it... Actually, by the time I got my meal I should have just asked for a box because I was not really hungry but I was like, "Oh well," and just plowed through it. I am so disappointed in myself, just when I was starting to lose again. I don't know why I can't have discipline enough to just do the right thing. But I didn't really even want to go out to eat anyway, because I didn't want to spend the money. I have such a soft spot for going with the flow, and I thought that at least they had the weight watchers menu there, but I still totally blew it. The scale says 282 this morning. I had no idea it would go up that much but I know some of it is the water.

I'm going to have a chat with John about this when he gets up for sure. He likes to ask me every day if I've lost weight and if I ever tell him I didn't or if I gained weight he looks at me all disappointed like if it's been a few days you know, but sometimes I don't think he realizes that he helps tempt me. How was I supposed to know he was going to want an appetizer? I should have just said no there and it would have been fine.

sdfsdfsdfsdfdsf.

Well, this is my first big screw up in awhile, I've had little screw ups but they didn't really throw me off like this one. I'm hoping that maybe I will remember this day if this ever attempts to happen again in the future. Hopefully I will remember how miserable and sick I feel. Mostly I just wish I could eat like a normal person and not have to worry about calories, but unfortunately I made this bed and now I have to lie in it, and wishing to be "normal" is just not a healthy thing to do right now. I am NOT normal and I need to just deal with it accordingly. It might be hard but I need to just DO IT.

At any rate, my plan for today is to stay away from anything salty -- no canned foods (like soup) and to drink a ton of water and eat a lot of fruit and veggies to kind of "detox". I consumed about 2,200 calories yesterday... I'm asking for the advice of you fine ladies, how many calories should I consume today to offset this? I was thinking around 1,200 - 1,300 -- just a hair under my normal amount (1,500), because I don't want to starve myself, but for example, I've been awake for about an hour and usually I would be hungry right now, but I don't feel like eating a bit.

BUT, for one positive thing: I did write down my calories, which I haven't done in a few days. I keep getting off of it, but I need to get back on track, especially because I was starting to do so well, I just need to find my groove again and blow through the next 10lbs. It looks like I'm not going to reach my goal of 260 by new years now. I'm very disappointed that I couldn't get my act together. I guess I will let this be a lesson to end all lessons to stop cheating and messing up and just ............... do this. I always feel rotten afterwards, why do I keep subjecting myself to this? Don't I want to feel better?

I'm also planning on exercising 45m on the exercise bike, and stepping up the intensity a little.

Last edited by rakel; 12-04-2007 at 10:21 AM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:14 AM   #17  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Hang tough, Trazey! I know what you're going through. Yesterday one of the companies we work with sent us gourmet cookies. I received them, so I quickly put them out for everyone else. There was this one... macademia nuts in the cookie and half dipped in white chocolate. But I passed on it! It took until the afternoon for someone else to take it!!!!

Had a good on plan day with lots of exercise yesterday. I hope for the same today. I have to do a little running around today, taking my daughter to her orthodontist, but I hope to take the time to exercise at lunch... depends on the work load!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:14 AM   #18  
is recommitted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
NO fudge!
NO shortbread! no no no! heheehhe
remind me again that i won't DIE if i don't have one or seven? hehehehe
It's no wonder you long since passed me. I would inevitably have at least one piece of fudge, though the shortbread I could easily pass up.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:17 AM   #19  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Rakel, I was posting at the same time as you. I just wanted to say that I don't think you should try to "make up" for yesterday. Just get back on plan and don't starve yourself. I think that drinking lots of water is a great idea, but don't punish yourself by not eating. It was one day and it won't ruin everything you've already done.

You've come here, you've been accountable, and now you need to put it in the past. I think you're smart to talk to your hubby, but don't make this a day of suffering!! You're ok, take a deep breath, and get back on plan!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:29 AM   #20  
is recommitted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashnl View Post
Rakel, I was posting at the same time as you. I just wanted to say that I don't think you should try to "make up" for yesterday. Just get back on plan and don't starve yourself. I think that drinking lots of water is a great idea, but don't punish yourself by not eating. It was one day and it won't ruin everything you've already done.

You've come here, you've been accountable, and now you need to put it in the past. I think you're smart to talk to your hubby, but don't make this a day of suffering!! You're ok, take a deep breath, and get back on plan!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
Thanks Diane! I don't want to make myself suffer today (I already feel bad, physically and emotionally) but I just feel like I need to cleanse myself... I feel so gross and craving salad, fruit, and everything wholesome. I have already vowed to never have spinach and artichoke dip again, and quite possibly tortilla chips as well.

Last edited by rakel; 12-04-2007 at 10:29 AM.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:32 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Rakel, I agree with Slashni, you sound very disappointed and angry at yourself, but 2200 calories is not really a blowout. Just get back on your usual plan and in the long run one meal is really not the end of the world. Slow and steady will win the race. Definitely talk to your husband and think about how you can avoid being in that situation in the future. For me this is a learning process, and we learn by our mistakes too.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:40 AM   #22  
is recommitted

Thanks Schmoodle! I'm trying to turn this around: to stop feeling sorry for myself, and make this into something positive rather than the end of the world.

Foods I used to like are still tempting to me, even though ultimately my body rejects them and really craves healthy things. I knew this before, but now it has become very obvious, probably because I have not been eating foods like that regularly at all, and the sins of it are very apparent to me. The next step is to re-learn to dislike these foods that my mind likes but my body doesn't, and get in sync with what my body wants. Ultimately I want to get to the point where if someone offers me something like spinach dip, my stomach churns and I start to feel sick just smelling it, and therefore I can easily push it away and head for the veggie tray

PS: John isn't my hubby yet (March 22nd!)

Last edited by rakel; 12-04-2007 at 10:42 AM.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:58 AM   #23  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Morning everyone!

Yeah, not so good yesterday. I had a muffin for breakfast then the day turned to custard from there - I'd eaten my lunch at morning tea and then raided the junk food machines at lunch time. Ended up getting a bad headache and flagged the gym. I did go for a 30 minute walk so the day wasn't a total loss but pretty darn close!

Today, I'm going to the gym since I didn't get there yesterday. I have no junk food anywhere and I'm not taking any money to work so I don't feel the urge to raid the junk food machines. Back on track today.

MJ, woohoo - 2 lbs down. And a very productive day by the sounds of things. Go you!

Rakel, yesterday is done - work on making better choices today. I had a rubbish day yesterday as well, so you're not the only one!

Diane, I hope things calm down a little bit for you soon - it's a crazy time of year, isn't it?

Sandi, welcome to the madness! How was the water aerobics. I used to do that, but unfortunately with my bizarre work schedule I can't get to classes...

Melissa, how are you going today?

Purple, good on you for weaning off sugar. How are you today? My father was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes a few weeks ago - I know that he's having to make a few changes...

Beverly, how are you today? Still not sore, I hope!

Schmoodle, how are things with you?

Cheryl, good for you for throwing out the snacks!

Trazey, step away from that shortbread! You can do it!

Wow, lots of people to talk to! Apologies to anyone I missed!

Take care all
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:11 PM   #24  
is recommitted

I think maybe I am going to end up one of those insanely picky eaters, when before I'd eat anything someone put on my plate or had out.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:46 PM   #25  

Eeeeek! I slept late so I'm sneaking on here at lunch!

Breakfast: Cheerios, milk, pineapple juice, coffee w/cream and sugar (9)
Lunch: Open-faced light cheese and tomato sandwich, tea w/milk (6)
Dinner: Lean Cuisine, salad w/light dressing, Diet Pepsi (7)
Snack: Apple, tea w/milk, three spice snaps (4)

Be back soon!
Mavesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:29 PM   #26  
is recommitted

Just got back from exercising -- 45m on the exercise bike, about 530 calories "burned" (according to the bike anyway) with an average heartrate of around 125. I really think this is what I need to do from now on -- when I exercised for 45m and "burned" that many calories 4 times a week, the weight flew off. It took me awhile to work up to being able to last 45m on the exercise bike, but now that I'm there I need to take advantage of it and get some weight off!
Old 12-04-2007, 06:35 PM   #27  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! Another busy, but productive day at work today! The weather was worse than yesterday, so gym tonight for me. I did my 15 min yoga cd this am, so that was something. Plus I was up and down the 3 flights of stairs in my building at work at least 6 times.

Tomorrow is a day full of sitting in meetings. So, I am going to the gym. The storms are supposed to be over by tonight, so hopefully the roads will be ok tomorrow night. I have been doing well w/ food choices and water, so that's good!

Rhonda--We haven't heard from you in a while...is this your business trip week? Hope things are going well for you!

Have a great night!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:40 PM   #28  
is recommitted

I'm thankful I don't have to go to a gym... I would probably never exercise it if was up to that! You guys have more determination than me (you know who you are!), and I am in awe. Everyone is doing so well here and I'm proud of everyone Thanks for listening to me yack all of the time and make a million posts in a day. I read everyone's posts but I don't always have something to say. Just know I am watching everyone and I think you guys are just fabulous! I am so glad I found 3FC
Old 12-05-2007, 06:56 AM   #29  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all,
I am still struggling , and I have no one to blame but myself. My left shoulder blade is very painful, I don't know if it is from sleeping wrong, being on the computer too much, or using the elliptical to much. I feel a little better today, I have not been doing general exercising,or weight lifting, and it has helped a little, but I am still in pain. But I am not giving up. I have a massage machine somewhere and am going to find it and use it on my shoulder. I am not giving up, I know one day I will break out of this struggle and succeed.
I am going to do as much exercise as possible today,
bkfst.. hot 7 grain cereal, banana, honey
lunch.... 2 veggie burgers with hummus
dinner........ tuna with crackers.
snacks......yogurt, fruit, rice cakes
I can do this today!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 07:55 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks! Will wonders never cease? Yesterday I ate exactly what I put down here for my daily menu. One day at a time, right?
We are getting a beautiful snow here this morning, they are predicting a few inches. It only just started at 7AM, so kids are disappointed no snow delays yet... So we'll have a nice walk to school in the snow this morning! Great day to be a telecommuter!
On to business - Today's menu:
B - Open faced turkey sandwich with cheese and spinach, coffee
S - Celery and peanut butter
L - Leftover chili or baked beans and salad
S - Latte and an apple
D - Maryland Crab Soup, Salad or a veggie
S - Yogurt with almonds and agave nectar

cheryl, hope the shoulder is feeling better soon!
rakel, I know just what you mean, 3fc is such a great resource and support to me. I really look forward to checking in here every day.
Thanks for checking in on me, nicolen! Things are going really well right now, I seem to have re-found my groove. I've got high hopes for weigh-in on Saturday. How's the weather down there?

Have a great hump day all you chicks yet to check in!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote