Old 12-09-2007, 10:08 PM   #61  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Purple
This summer I was playing tennis with my daughter. I tryed to put the extra ball in the ball pocket of my tennis skirt. I found the pocket was already full of thigh lol. Can't wait until this summer. I will be able to put a ball in that ball pocket.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:50 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I had my competition on Saturday & it went well. I really enjoyed myself & although I didn't hit my 2nd & 3rd benchpresses I still put up 95lbs. I did better in the deadlift with 3 strong lifts (even though my 1st one didn't count 'cause I moved my foot) & a PR (personal record) of 290lbs. Wish I had tried 300lbs 'cause I think I could have done. Oh well - next time.

As well, I realized that I have really had a big change in how I see my body & food. I'm finding food is becoming more of a tool for me than an emotional turn too or a source of cravings. And I'm seeing my body more objectively. Enjoying seeing the improvements, & seeing my desire to lose weight more as a way to lean out & get better results than as a direct reflection of who I am as a person. I definitely feel much better about my body overall now.
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:37 AM   #63  
Rennie

Life
Glad you had a good time at the compitition. Sounds like you did really well. As we take this journey we do look at food differently. Now it is something the body needs and we enjoy not something we stuff into our faces without any thought what so every. Maybe that is why I enjoy my mountain dew time much more than I ever did before lol.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:50 PM   #64  

Here is a picture of me from Saturday (in case anyone is curious) - I'm overally proud of it! In this picture I am lifting 275lbs (not my highest 290lbs), but I like this picture best as I think it is the most flattering - lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_2103-2.JPG (64.9 KB, 44 views)
Old 12-10-2007, 01:05 PM   #65  
Rennie

Life
You look great. Bet those men in the back ground don't mess with you.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:38 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I got out on the track and walked today! Sounds ordinary, but I have been doing all my exercise in the house because...well, I am simply lazy to drive to the track, and because it was getting colder outside. It's gone back to the 70's now, so I made myself get out there and do it. It felt SO good, though my toe started hurting really bed for some reason. It has never bothered me inside the house...but it hurt on the last lap, soon as I sat down in the car it stopped and hasn't hurt since, no idea why.

Oh well...I'm going back tomorrow morning if the warm weather sticks around.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 04:31 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I looked in the mirror the other day and thought, "Hey, I don't look as bad!" Which is something. I think I looked pretty bad at my top weight.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:12 PM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy Moment View Post
Life
You look great. Bet those men in the back ground don't mess with you.
LOL

The guy on the right is my trainer.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:34 PM   #69  
Rennie

Purple
You enjoy those nice temps for me. Is in the 20's around here I think lol.

Lyn
I am glad you see the difference. Heck I look in the mirror and really don't see much difference at all. Yes I can tell the clothes fit different and such but how I look doesn't look much different to me.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:13 AM   #70  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Life...WOW! You amaze me with your abilities! Oh, and yeah, I'd try to life ANYTHING if that hunky trainer guy was standing behind me!

A couple of "different" NSV's for me. DH came home Friday night with a gift for me...a membership to the new 24 hour Snap fitness that just opened near our house. The gift was great, thoughtful, etc., but the real NSV in it was that I LOVED the gift! If he had bought me a gym membership 2 years ago I would have secretly thought he totally wasted his money! The 2nd NSV came in to play yesterday. DD15 had an appointment with the personal trainer at Snap fitness as they would not allow her to use the membership until she proved herself to the trainer (an age thing, I think). Anyway, she was running on a treadmill that was directly behind the elliptical-like machine I was on (not really an elliptical, but close and not sure what it's called!) with the trainer standing next to her when the trainer started asking her about me and talking about my amazing calves! She asked if I ran marathons because of how defined my calves are and also told me how hard it is to get them that way, that people work on theirs religiously to get them to look like mine! Waddaya know? I knew they were my best muscle, but it was still nice to hear it!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:17 AM   #71  
Rennie

boaters
See you have lost 100lbs WOW that is so great, I am so proud of you. Bet you have worked very hard. Wish we had a gym close that was affordable. Everything around here is pretty expensive. Guess I will just plug away on my walking/aerobic videos. You enjoy that membership and look at those trainers for me too lol.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:00 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I had an accident about 18 monthes ago and hurt my foot. While it's not all the way better....lately, I've been able to do more at the pool (non weight baring exercises) in the deep end sitting on a "noodle" - that's a long floatation thingy that looks kind of like a noodle. I've worked into doing some cardio too. It's been a very long time and I am happy about it! Yippeee!!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 12-11-2007 at 04:08 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:37 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaterswife View Post
Life...WOW! You amaze me with your abilities! Oh, and yeah, I'd try to life ANYTHING if that hunky trainer guy was standing behind me!
Haha - I'll admit that I have a mini-crush on him. Just enough to make me look forward to going to the gym.

My NSV today is that I am super enjoying the changes in my body. I actually like to look in the mirror 'cause it's fascinating to see the changes even though I'm not fully satisfied with the whole picture yet.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:26 PM   #74  
Rennie

I was proud of myself today. I got a new Leslie Sansone Walk-Off Weight video and even thou it has some different moves in it. I did the first segment ( 1 mile ) and really enjoyed it. I can't believe I really enjoy doing these walking/aerobic videos.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:17 PM   #75  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Shy Moment, thanks! It has been a lot of work, but it doesn't really feel like it, know what I mean? Kinda like having kids, you forget the worst of it and remember the good stuff! Oooh...I just realized....you're heading towards your half-way mark! GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Lifeguard, you're my inspiration! As I was at the gym tonight benchpressing an EMPTY BAR (LOL), I thought "surely to God I can do this....look how much Lifeguard lifts!"
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote