Old 11-16-2007, 02:38 AM   #1  
beautiful on the inside:P

S/C/G: 119 (262) /107 (235) /60 (132)

Height: 5'6''

Default the worst time of the day

I wish that I could somehow remove the hours 3pm to 5pm from every day. Without a doubt, these are totally the worst hours for me. No matter what I do or what I eat (or don't eat), i always want to eat a totally bad snack at this time. Hence this thread. I decided to write about it this time instead of actually stuffing my face. Whew, I can only hope that eventually it will get easier. Anyone else find this period of time a doozy?
kasmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:55 AM   #2  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Friday and Saturday after 5 pm-9pm is the bad time for me, My kids stay up later since there is no school the next day, and it being dark early, we are inside and I just get the munchies.....
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:02 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Well for me, the worst time of day was any time that I was AWAKE. Yeah, scary, but TRUE. Obviously something had to change their, big time.

What can you do? Get past it anyway that you can. BE PREPARED. PKAN AHEAD. Have a bottle of seltzer instead. Plan a nice snack at that time, or even a mini meal. Like a large salad and some tuna. Some fruit. Chew gum. Mow the lawn. Clean the house, head to toe. Go for a walk. Exercise. Talk on the phone, journal, go on the computer. ANYTHING. Set yourself some ground rules, that no matter what you will not give into the bad eating and STICK to it - no matter what. Within a short period of time you WILL get used to it. It IS possible to reprogram the brain. You CAN do this. And when you do, you will be thrilled and elated. Good luck.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

My worst time is when I first come in from work - I think it goes back to Mom always having a big snack for us when we got home from school - something about home says comfort and comfort has normally been equated with food.

Now I use that time to exercise - the feeling at the end is amazing.
gggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Morning, definitely. I get everyone out the door and it used to be my time to hog...so that's how my brain still wants to work. I switched my elliptical time to right after everyone is at school. After a workout the last thing I want to do is stuff myself with crap. So, every morning I have an apple while I'm getting everyone up and ready. Then I drink a big glass of water and hop on the elliptical. Afterward, I have my coffee and a bowl of oatmeal and I feel great until lunchtime! You just have to find something to fill that spot of time that works for you. Maybe that could be the time of day when you clean your toilets? Who wants to eat right after their hands have been in the toilet?????
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

I am right there with you Kasmin. I am bad from 2-4. I pick up my oldest child from high school at 2, youngest at 3. And they both snack as soon as they get in the door. Watching them snack sort of reminds me, oh yeah, theres food. And if i am strong enough to resist my son's snack time, then i have to endure my daughters snack time. Dang.
Best thing i have found, is i only have healthy snacks in the house. So they have to snack on cereal, fruits, cheese, etc. that way, that is what i have to snack on. But most of the time, i am not even hungry, i just want to eat because they are. Silly and stupid, but i do it every day. I just have to manage that snack instead of that snack managing me.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:29 AM   #7  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

2-4 seems to be the bad time for me! Its really because I ate lunch, and I might feel a little sleepy in the afternoon, but guess what? I still have to sit at my desk and work and not want to
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 09:33 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I'm right there with you. I've been trying to have a cup of honey nut cheerios around that time. Crunchy and somewhat satisfying (albeit not the BEST choice) but much better than chocolate or potato chips.

And keep yourself occupied- straighten up, get some laundry together, read something on the internet, drink some tea or water.. and gum.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 09:37 AM   #9  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

my "witching hour" is from 9 to 2 am on Friday & Saturday nights (can you tell i have no kids heheheh) I like to stay up late and watch movies or we have people over -- I fight the urge for night time snacks all week but around 11 pm i'm a bit peckish again -- so i've taken to having a mini-meal, of a turkey/cheese/melon wrap up and that seems to do the trick!

PS I think rockinrobin's suggestion of cleaning the house top to bottom really works! you could perform surgery on the floors in my house hehehehehe It's a great workout!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:19 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

The worst time for me is 7pm and 12am. Later than most, but I stay up until midnight-1am usually and I get hungry and want everything that isn't bolted down
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:25 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Late afternoons are bad for me - it is SO hard to stay awake! So I have to watch I don't go for something to "give me energy".

Also if I stay up late I can make some bad choices, I think 'cause I'm tired & so I want to reach for food instead of sleeping. (I'm a notoriously bad sleeper so at times I dread going to bed).
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:30 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

3-5 p.m. is also the worst time for me. I always schedule a snack during that time or I'm pretty sure I'd end up at Round Table.

I think there's a lot to be said for the idea that that was snack time as a kid when we got home from school. I'd never thought about that before but I used to get home at 3:30 and Mom always had something waiting.

On the upside, I've found another thing I can blame on my mother. I'll be sure to point it out to her at Thanksgiving while she's pushing pumpkin pie at me and telling me it has vegetables in it.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:32 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'7 1/2

Night time is bad for me. I just want to munch all night .
LeedaRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:53 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Yep, I'm an afternoon snacker too. I handle it by planning healthy snacks every 2 hours in the afternoon (1:00 - tall non fat latte, 3:00 - fruit, 5:00 - bag of cut up vegetables) and lots and lots of herbal tea.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:16 AM   #15  
LWM

S/C/G: 263/255/150ish

Height: 5'4"

Have you tried brushing your teeth (at that time, I mean, not have you ever tried brushing your teeth - hee, hee)? Night is usually the hardest time for me to resist unplanned snacking. I have recently started brushing my teeth as part of my after dinner routine. It helps me resist temptation.

Good luck!
LWM is offline   Reply With Quote