Old 10-30-2007, 08:15 PM   #16  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Similar story here. DH is absolutely great. He is losing right along with me. He gets up at 5:30 on the days I do yoga to do it with me. He will postpone dinner or other activities until I have done my exercise after work. He cajoles me off of the couch to go for a walk. He even started doing WATP with me - stretchie band and all - LOL. Now that we split an entree when we dine out, he lets me pick what I want so that I can stay OP.
Now if I can just get him to do my "Sizzlin' Salsa" video with me he will qualify for sainthood
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:08 PM   #17  
FatCat

S/C/G: 270/244/135

Height: 5'2

Hmm
No one, unfortunately. My kids are pretty cool but they are too young to really be my support system. My mom is terrific but she lives 200 miles away. She's great to call on the phone and super supportive and when I visited this weekend she made the best low-cal meals on the planet. My dad is a fitness freak and he is very interested and informative. It's not the same as having someone right here that I can talk to every day. It's pretty much just me.
My boss at work is a hyper-active guy who's all into extreme sports and just never stops moving. Great, fun guy, but not a support system. I teach at work and I don't really have any real colleagues, just the new employees that I am training and even though we are together for 3 months straight and I do share a lot of my personal life it's not really a support system either.
There's no one special in my life so no support there.
I don't have any real close friendships, mostly a by-product of being in an abusive marriage for so long, you don't really form friendships in that situation.
Hmm... I didn't really mean this to be such a pity party. I am not at all unhappy and I don't feel lonely, but really when it comes down to it I do not have a good support web.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:12 AM   #18  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

My DH is absolutely, unequivocally my best support. He's made all the changes with me and even takes time to run with me. (A big deal since he can run 10 miles at a time at 8 minutes per and I can run 3 at a time at 11 minutes per.) He keeps the junk out of the house, eats whatever I cook and loves to celebrate my milestones. He's held me while I cried and lifted me up when I fall. He's never stopped believing in me, even when I do. When I feel like quitting, he's always pushing me onward and reminding me how far I've come. I agree that weighloss is ultimately a fairly solo game, but I know I'd never have made it this far without him.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:18 AM   #19  

my husband has been very supportive.. but he has also been a pita in some ways lol... it took till this week for him to admit i am over weight.. 301 lbs and he would tell me im just ' big boned' lmao God love him lol... he told me he wants me to be happy and healthy.. and if i feel losing weight will accomplish that then go for it and he will support me any way i need...
my mother in law is a diff story.. we live with my inlaws and god love her she is great to me.. i am american living in england and she knows i miss a lot of american foods... so when she is at the grocery store and she happens to see something american she picks it up for me.. nice huh?? the other day it was oreo cookies lol.. i hadnt had them in a year since i had been here.. didnt know they had em here to tell the truth..so i had to make her promise to only bring me goodies once a month or so.. then i will taste em and give the majority to my hubby . now if she can only find Ranch dressing lol
flabtofab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:22 AM   #20  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

My boyfriend is the most supportive person I've ever had in my life. Whatever I need to get the weight off he is there supporting me. I cook what I want and he eats it. He pays for my gym membership. If we go out to eat he orders the same healthy foods I do. There really are no words to adequately describe the wonders of this man.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:52 AM   #21  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hubby is doing this with me. He also does all of our cooking, so he now prepares Southbeach meals. It works out great when we're both committed and motivated. But, if one of us starts to falter, we can also cause the other one to go off-plan. I've also noticed that he has become more "attentive" lately. That is definitely motivation!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 10-31-2007 at 07:52 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:35 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Essentially, the only one who's got my back is me.

A few months ago I moved away from home, and began renting a room from a friend of mine. To be specific, two obese friends of mine who stuff the fridge and pantry with pizza, cookies, chocolate, ice cream, etc. and who order out (always ordering about twice what they need) roughly 3-4 times a week. They also tend to make snide comments about how what I eat can't possibly be good, and then quite literally will shove something in my face in an attempt to make me give in and eat it. They actively encourage it when I go off plan.

While I was living at home I didn't think my family was being very supportive because they still bought all the old junk and never made any effort to cook anything healthy, but at least they didn't actively encourage me to eat off plan.

I had one person at work who kept me on the straight and narrow because she was a health nut, and I spent so much time with her. She was always very encouraging of my health and fitness goals, and I could really talk to her about it. However, last month she quit work, and I haven't seen her since - so I've been struggling a bit lately without anyone to lean on or talk to about these things who won't say "go on, have a few slices of pizza, it'll make you feel better!"
Katheryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:45 AM   #23  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katheryne View Post
so I've been struggling a bit lately without anyone to lean on or talk to about these things who won't say "go on, have a few slices of pizza, it'll make you feel better!"
We're here for you!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:35 AM   #24  
Made of Starstuff

Katheryne - That is very very tough. I'm in a similar situation with my one roommate. That's why I'm online SO much.

We're all here rooting for you. Anytime you need just hop on & read & post. We're all more than willing to let you know that extra pizza and cookies are NOT worth it. Everyone here wants you to succeed. If you need to chat, chat. That's what this forum is for!

Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:46 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Okay, I didn't mean for it to sound like I'm whining about my DH--he's a great guy, and yes, cooks very healthy meals (we both work FT, me working 2 evenings a week, so if he wants to eat, he's gotta cook). He never SAYS anything if I have a cookie...just makes me feel guilty. I do know I'm responsible for my own weight loss, but I'm trying to do it in a way that there are no "bad" foods, just foods that may have to be enjoyed in moderation.
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:26 AM   #26  
I CAN DO THIS!!

S/C/G: 360.6/335.4/140

Height: 5'7½"

Well, I've got my back... and I've got you gals (and guys)... and I've got your back! On a day-to day basis, this is a very solo journey. The one person that is around me everyday is my DH and everything is a competition with him(he ALWAYS has to "one-up" me whether with weight loss, exercise, and even water intake - oh and he's 6'3" 185 lbs). So instead of really being supportive, he's just being another stressor during an already difficult time. My mother has this need to feed me so as much as I hate it I have to limit my time with her. My dad does make a big deal about the how much weight I've lost and the exercises that I do and encourages me to keep at it but I only get to talk to him about twice a month. And of my friends, only one is supportive. He is always encouraging and only has wonderful things to say. All-in-all it could be a lot worse and if I get tired of hubby's attitude, I can call daddy!
gina1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:36 AM   #27  
No description available.

Who has my back? My family who eats whatever I make (except for the time I made fish stew); my crazy friend who gets up at 5 am so we can run; my sister in law who is amazingly beautiful and athletic and my biggest cheerleader; my dh who loves my body no matter what size it is; and myself....when I'm not my own worst enemy that is!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote