Old 09-26-2007, 08:08 PM   #16  

I need to lose about 130 pounds or so, and personally I'm having a hard time counting calories, and basically counting anything at all. I've tried and failed many times. So I've basically been trying to just cut certain foods out that I know are bad for me (fast food, candy, pop, etc..), use portion control (1 serving of things, and no seconds), eat slower (putting fork/spoon down between each bite), not eating for at least 3-4 hours before bed. And making better food choices all around (fruits, veggies, lean meats, etc...). So far that conbined with exercise, has worked really well.

Also...
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:13 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

My advice is just to find something that you can do for the rest of your life. I'm sure you know the secret--eat less and move more. It really works! So any way you can accomplish that will be the right way for you.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:02 PM   #18  

Height: 5'7"

You've already received lots of good advice. I just wanted to welcome you and wish you the best.
hautbois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:25 PM   #19  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Goodness! I wanted to respond to your post, but it looks like it's all been summed up for you. Listen with your heart as well as your mind. This is so doable! Read lots and look into all the plans, there is one out there for you! Start slow. Change just a couple things at a time and soon you'll have a whole new lifestyle that works for you, and you'll be shedding pounds left and right! Ask questions! We're all here to help. Whether someone needs to lose 2 pounds or 200 pounds, we all know what you're going through...let us help. Best of luck to you!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:14 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Boaterswife is right, the ladies here have given you all the good advice I could possibly recommend and then some! That's what I love about visiting this site. Just wanted to add my welcome to the rest of the group - hope we'll see you posting here regularly. I'm a calorie counter myself, but figure out what will work for you as a long-term life change, not a diet. Let us know how it goes!
WindyCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:04 AM   #21  

S/C/G: see ticker

Hi and Welcome!
Congratulations on being ready to make a positive difference in your life!
Like many have said, there are so many choices! I have 100 lbs to lose, and have found Medifast very helpful!! If you are not allergic to soy, it can be a great motivator! I've tried many diets, and found that my metabolism must have been in a coma for years! Medifast is the only thing that has given it a wake up call! Check with your doctor, and see if it would be an option for you. It has helped me with portion control, and calorie counting. Best wishes to you as you begin this exciting journey!!
PeggyP is offline   Reply With Quote