Old 09-11-2007, 02:24 AM   #16  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

I've tried "Dieting" and "exercising" in the past, but I'm pretty ashamed at my pathetic attempts. Many people have lost a lot of weight... I have not. Granted, they may have gained it all back, but I seriously think the most weight I ever lost in any stretch of time was about 20lbs (which, was over a good stretch of time and I did not really try very hard). My idea of "giving exercise a try" was to hop on the exercise bike for 15 minutes, huffing and puffing, and then not touching the thing for another 2 years.

After being over 300lbs for most of 2007, I decided that it was time to really do it this time, and my fiance has been pushing me to follow through. I'll be honest with you, some days I just feel like throwing in the towel and giving up, but then what if I gained as much as I did in the past 7 years in the next 7 years? And that keeps motivating me to stick with it. Even though I've only lost 18lbs so far, I am VERY encouraged because it only took me about 5 weeks to accomplish. I have, for the most part, remained on my plan, and while exercise is still a bit of a struggle I am trying to work through it, trying to press on. For the first time in my life this is starting to feel REAL. For the first time in my life, I did 30 minutes on the exercise bike, and probably could have done more (maybe 35 or 40 minutes tomorrow, eh?). For the first time in my life, I have logged my food, weight, and exercise into a weight loss journal consistantly! For the first time in my life I am REALLY making the effort to do this... and that is why I really believe I will be successful this time. I hope that in a year, I will be the one encouraging everyone here to really change their lives, and be a testimony of what can happen in a year, two years.

I am really INSPIRED by everyone on this forum. Some of you may not realize it, but even if you can't see the difference in the mirror, I am amazed by all of the tickers that say "50lbs lost" "60lbs lost" ... YOU GUYS ROCK!!!
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:13 AM   #17  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

My current motivation: I am going to see my family in mid-November. I'd like to be under 300 when I go. I have 10 weeks and 26 lbs to lose. If I don't make that number, I won't be devastated--at least I will be able to say I gave it my all. I just want something to shoot for!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote