Old 07-25-2007, 12:12 PM   #1  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

Talking Stop feeding the DEMONS!

Whew— I’m coming off of my sugar high from my junk food binge the past few days. This morning I am sugar free and struggling. The sugar demons are really screaming to be fed this morning… screaming for the Dairy Queen right in front of my office (that I can see in front of my desk all day long with no shades to block it out).. and the bakery on the corner.. and the little restaurant a few doors down.

I was about to grab my keys, take a break, and grab some brownies. But I .. stopped. “You always have a choice”—I heard in my head. “You could go stuff yourself full of bakery goods / But you would be mad at yourself for doing it later.” It was almost like I was arguing with myself. “You just entered your meals into Fitday, do you really want to go back and add in brownies?? / Eh- I can always do a few more minutes of exercise later.” “You can go and get treats and binge into a catatonic state / But think of how good it will feel to be back under 200 lbs in a couple months.” …….You always have a choice.

---Yay! I talked myself out of it. I locked those little Sugar Demons back up and posted a large sign, “Don’t feed the animals!”

Last edited by Kae; 07-25-2007 at 01:11 PM.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

A couple of things that work with me to fight sweet cravings:

1. Brush your teeth - who can eat anything with minty mouth.
2. Eat a pickle - completely defuses my sweet cravings immediately
3. Get plenty of natural sugars - berries are in season right now and so sweet and good. Frozen dark cherries really do the trick for me

Good work fighting your cravings! The longer you go without junk, the less you will want it.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:37 PM   #3  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Good for you, Kae! Way to fight the craving!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:51 PM   #4  
Kae

My boss just walked in with a Birthday Cake for my coworker. Oh geez. Talk about being tested today...!
Old 07-25-2007, 12:58 PM   #5  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

LOL Just beat those demons off with a stick. Thin feels better than brownies and birthday cake taste hehe.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:07 PM   #6  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Don't even go in there and look at that cake. don't even look at it. You are stronger than the stupid food, you are stronger than the stupid food! Repeat! You can do it......
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:10 PM   #7  
Kae

Thanks guys! I'll go in long enough to sing Happy Birthday to him and then sneak back to my desk!
Old 07-25-2007, 01:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

It must be that kind of a day. A guy my company did some work for just sent me a 10 lb. package of Fairytale Brownies as a thank you. It's a mail order company and the brownies are beyond belief.

I'm not going to have any but the scary thing is is that a couple of months ago I would have polished the whole thing off by tomorrow. Man, I wish that I were the kind of person who could have just one but I'm not.

Fight those demons. Feeling proud for not giving in feels a lot better than brownies taste.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:45 PM   #9  

Great job -- even when you hear the b'day cake screaming your name, walk away!!!!

I've cut out sugar and soda for the past week or so and the first four days were like sugar ****!! Now, it's not so bad, I've been able to avoid my temptations -- I SO want to end my year close to my goal weight -- the cake would taste awesome (sorry guys) if you ate it -- but the results (guilt, weight gain, etc.) would last SO much longer than the enjoyment of one darn piece of cake -- sing your heart out and hit the road. And I think they should have to move/cover up all those signs that draw us to the dunkin donuts, ice cream stores of the world!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/145/145

I read this post just in time! One of my co-workers brought in a huge jar of monster mix (M&M's, peanuts, raisins and peanut butter chips). It has been calling my name all day and I was just about to give in. Now I'm repeating you are stronger than the stupid food! This really is a mind game and you guys just saved me! I'm going to put my shoes on and go for a walk instead. Thanks guys!
tingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

way to go proud of you cause it is so hard to do.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote