Old 07-14-2007, 02:02 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 375/ticker/275

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by traci in training View Post
What has surprised me is how easy it has been. I mean, I count calories and I try to exercise at least four or five times a week, but it's not like I'm starving to death or killing myself. And still, every week, about two pounds gone. Why did I have myself convinced this would be SOOOOOOOOOOOO hard? Why did I wait so long to try and lose the stupid weight?
That is so inspiring, Traci. I seriously want to cry. I'm putting that quote on my fridge next to the pictures.

Thank you!
MarinePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 02:12 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

Wow - great thread!

I was surprised by:
1. How much younger I look now.
2. How it really has turned out to be a fairly simple math equation (calories in versus calories out)
3. How it's really been more about being smart in my choices rather than depriving myself of something I want.
4. How I've discovered a long distance runner who was buried deep under all that fat.
5. How much more energy I have!
WindyCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 05:11 PM   #18  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

That I'm actually enjoying exercise

How much fun it is to play with my favourite recipes so that they're on plan

That I can slip up and not feel I've blown everything and therefore there's no point in continuing with the plan

That there are so many other people all round the world who understand exactly where I'm coming from when I have to rant about emotional eating, clothes that don't fit etc...
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 05:38 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 260/259/180

Height: 5'11

this is a fairly negative thing that ive discovered since losing weight, but lately its the most suprising.
the troubles that i always assumed were 'fat girl problems', are actually just 'girl problems'.
watchhershrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 05:56 AM   #20  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchhershrink View Post
this is a fairly negative thing that ive discovered since losing weight, but lately its the most suprising.
the troubles that i always assumed were 'fat girl problems', are actually just 'girl problems'.
I totally agree. I'm noticing this more and more.

I also agree with Nelie. I look in the mirror and I don't think that I look any different. I thought that once I got out of plus size clothes that I wouldn't feel fat anymore. No such luck. I wear a size 12, but I still feel just as fat as I did in a size 22. It's so weird to me, I guess it just takes some getting used to.

Other things that have surprised me:
others comments/compliments about my weight loss, and asking me for advice.
being cold. (like everyone else)
having so much more energy.
being able to keep up with my nephews a lot better.
being able to do things that I never could do before, like hula hoop, skip-it, and stilts. I'm still a kid at heart!
crazynette826 is offline   Reply With Quote