Old 06-27-2007, 02:39 PM   #31  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Linda, I am so very glad you came back. It is very discouraging to have to start over again.....I know this all too well. But, you are starting again and that is a very big deal.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:11 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

I'm also glad you came back. You've done a major thing in mentioning your gain. I know for me that would be tough. Your post, though, helps us all. It reinforces that even at our goal weights this is not over. This is a lifelong journey...with ups and downs...and I'm so glad I've got this forum to share it with. Who else could understand so well???
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 06:20 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Linda -- YAY on an on-plan day!!!!! That's terrific. Take it one day at a time! I'm really glad you came back. That can be so hard!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 06:53 PM   #34  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I'm glad to see you had a good day. This journey is like building a brick house. you lay one brick at a time and the house gets stronger and stronger. Before you know it you have a house the the winds of time will not destroy. So I know from experience that each day that goes by you will become stronger in your resolve to do this. If you mess up after ten days so what you still have 10 bricks that are waiting to be built upon. Keep it up you can do this. I know you can.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:53 PM   #35  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Thank you so much for the encouragement everybody!!!

You know, a lot of people have commended me for being brave enough to come back. I hadn't thought about that, really! I've checked in the whole way along...sadly reporting my gains. The thought never crossed my mind to actually leave I certainly didn't offer any support to all of you, though...and I feel terrible about that. I've got no shame in coming back...I knew how wonderful you all are!!

Howie and Heather....Love you!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:30 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Howie -- That's a great analogy. My house has taken some "weathering" over the past few months. I've gained a few pounds and went off plan a bit. Okay, a wee more than a bit.

But I'm shoring up the spots that took the most damage. Luckily, this time the foundation was strong... but I know that I need to do "maintenance' work to keep the place strong. Even the strongest buildings need to be shored up from time to time...
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 02:00 PM   #37  
Linda

Well, I'm feeling much stronger today...like a veil of darkness has been removed from my thinking.
I've got two good days under my belt, two pounds of what I assume is water gone...and a fresh start...

Negativity be gone!!! I'm gonna start rebuilding my house...because it seems the wind knocked it down..

Thanks so much to everyone, I couldn't do it without you!
Linda
Old 06-28-2007, 02:23 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

It's a terrible thing to look at the scale and see that number. But there's always next week's trip to the scale. Just move it in the right direction. I tell myself every Monday that if I can just keep it going in the right direction that's all that matters. Doesn't matter where you start. Doesn't matter where you stop. Just get it going in the right direction.
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 02:35 PM   #39  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by famograham View Post
Negativity be gone!!! I'm gonna start rebuilding my house...because it seems the wind knocked it down..
Well, at least it was the wind and not a chocolate mudslide!!!

You are doing all the right things and your body/behavior will respond in kind. Best of luck!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:51 PM   #40  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Good for you Linda! I know you can do this.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:55 PM   #41  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by famograham View Post
Well, I'm feeling much stronger today...like a veil of darkness has been removed from my thinking.
I've got two good days under my belt, two pounds of what I assume is water gone...and a fresh start...

Thanks so much to everyone, I couldn't do it without you!
Linda
You sound FANTASTIC!!! It's coming together for you! I couldn't be happier .

And Howie, I really, REALLY like that analogy as well.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:06 PM   #42  
Running to Catch Up

S/C/G: 261/ticker/150

Like others have said, you have taken the first huge step into getting yourself (mind, body, and soul) to where you want to be. You admitted your situation and you seem to have a real sense of where you are!

I am right where you are, and at least for me, I finally decided to lose weight with a long-term goal in a lifestyle change instead of a "plan" or "quick drop" program.

You need to decide if you are ready to make such a substantial change for your life (which obviously you do since you are here), and then you need to decide what plan is going to work best for you.
Minty Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:45 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

to one of my favorite people on this board! I have every faith that you will achieve your goal. You know you can do this, and you know that we're here for you every step of the way.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:03 PM   #44  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

I'm so happy to hear that you are getting a fresh start and are ready to start again. You can do this. It sounds like you are ready for a change.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:47 PM   #45  
Linda

I am feeling so good right now

Sheila... I'm VERY happy to see you!!!

I can't express how much you guys all mean to me...but I've got a sneaking suspicion that you already know!

Love you tons,
Linda