Old 06-19-2007, 09:27 AM   #16  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HocusPocus View Post
I am so lazy about food. I need to take more time and make salads instead of doing what is easy. No excuses here, I don't have little kids, I don't have to cook for anyone my husband and daughter's are all pretty good cooks.

I love that you take the time to help, thanks everyone!

HocusPocus,

Maybe you can PREMAKE your foods?

i boil 12 eggs on sundays (or whenever I am out) and always always always have hard boiled eggs available.

I'm doing South Beach WOL and i have an egg and oatmeal for breakfast every morning and a can of V8 it's fast cause you can make the oatmeal in the microwave the night before and just reheat it in the morning.... i just grab it all and take it to work...

when i do salad I cut enough to have leftovers for lunch the next day....

i buy my chicken breasts frozen at the wharehouse in 10 pound bags and grab one frozen and it grills up in 10 minutes... I grill 4 or 5 at a time and always have grilled chicken breasts ready to go...

it's much more labor intensive to eat well but it's so worth it.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:32 AM   #17  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by HocusPocus View Post
One more question-

So you eat x amount of calories based upon your weight and then you exercise x amount of time and don't alter the calories at all? Is that correct? If you take in 1,500 and burn 500 that's fine? I don't have to increase?? Thanks.
Don't alter your calories at all. That would be totally counterproductive. The idea is to create MORE of a deficit. So if you're moving more then usual, you're BURNING more then usual. Hence, creating a bigger deficit - weightloss.

I eat x amount of calories through what I have found to give me a weightloss through trial and error. I started at a certain number and have steadily decreased as I decreased in size. The smaller you are, the less calories you require to get by in life. As far as what I burn. I haven't a clue. I could care less what those calculators tell me. They are HIGHLY inaccurate. I started off slowly with the exercise and then increased as I was more fit and more determined to avoid - that plateau. I don't require the same amount of calories anymore, so I've got to burn some more off or eat even less. Not happening.

Doing the stairs at work is fine. But just how long are we talking here? I would do the stairs AND something at home. The Walk Away THe Pounds DVD's by Leslie Sansone are GREAT. So easy to follow and fast. I started out with those and loved them. I still do them every now and then. I also have a pedometer. I find it VERY motivating. I love seeing the numbers climb. You'll find yourself adding in extra steps just to see it rise. Extra steps - extra calorie burned - extra calories burned - more weightloss.

I agree with doing some cooking ahead of time. Chicken breast cutlets. Make a bunch in the beginning of the week or whenever is good for you. They are great to cut up in salads or reheat and serve with a stir fry. Tuna fish is a GREAT low cal protein source. I eat it for lunch sometimes with a cut up red pepper and a sliced cucumber and a few almonds. Sometimes I put the tuna in a salad. Sometimes I even cook up a huge amount of veggies, stir fry style - mushrooms, onions, peppers, zucchini, broccoli, and spinach. I then have it for a few days and use it in stir fries or with egg white omlettes. Delicious. You have to experiment and find what YOU like.

Turkey breast is also a great option. Salmon fillets, I keep them in the freezer. They are EASY to prepare and fast to cook. They're great cold as well.

I also cut up a bunch of romaine hearts at a time and keep it in a big ziploc bag. It's all ready for me.

Losing weight IS work. I won't lie to you. For me, there's a lot of preparing and planning. BUt I don't mind one little bit. I've made it almost a hobby of mine. Anything, ANYTHING is better then being morbidly obese in my opinion. But again, I don't look at this as a burden. I enjoy it all IMMENSELY. It is soooo incredibly worth it I can't even begin to tell you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:58 AM   #18  

Height: 5' 7'

Thanks again for the tips!

They added treadmills at work and I went to see them. They have TV screes, pretty cool. My work friend and I walked for 15 mins, going to try to find time to do more. I like getting some exercise in during the day!
HocusPocus is offline   Reply With Quote