Old 06-07-2007, 02:40 PM   #1  

Default silly question about at home pedicures

Hi,

I usually never wear open toed sandals because I think my feet are ugly. Also it means you need to polish your toenails.

Well, I bought some sandals, and attempted to polish my toes. I'm not flexible, and it was very uncomfortable trying to twist myself to reach my toes.

This is a really dumb question, but how do you sit to polish your toenails? I've tried crossing one leg over the other knee, but that is really awkward!

Feeling stupid!
Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 02:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Sometimes I sit with the leg I'm not painting out straight and bend the one I need to reach the toes. Then I use the outer hand to pain the nails. (I use both hands to paint with). If not, I'll ask my mom to paint them for me .
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:06 PM   #3  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

I tend to sit on the edge of the sofa with my knee bent and my foot resting on the edge of the coffee table.....hope this helps!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:08 PM   #4  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie76 View Post
I usually never wear open toed sandals because I think my feet are ugly. Also it means you need to polish your toenails.
Does it now? I never got that memo!

The way I paint my toe nails, when I do (I seldom do) is by getting a pedicure!

As far as a home job is concerned, if you have children who are school age, they can be of great help in this matter, if all you want is a coat of polish
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:31 PM   #5  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I sit on the edge of the chair and put a towel down and then I sit my foot up on the ottoman. I usually do it at night and don't worry about being too neat because the excess will come off in the shower!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I'm with Soulbliss. I haven't painted my toenails since I got married (2yrs ago) and I wear sandles all the time. I do make sure my feet look nice, but I never bother with the polish. I can't sit still long enough for it to dry. Lol.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:03 PM   #7  

Hi,

I'm sorry-I didn't mean to imply it's a rule to polish your toenails when you wear sandals. I guess I thought that would make my own feet look nicer!

Thanks for the suggestions-
Sherry
Old 06-07-2007, 07:45 PM   #8  
Chubby vegan :\

Height: 5'9"

I LOVE having painted toes, especially if I'm going to be wearing sandals to work or a party or something (kind of a "rule" for me, too!) But I HATE painting my toenails these days due to my darn gut getting in the way! I do what some of the others do - I sit on my bed, which is high, and pull up a folding chair in front of me, rest the upper half of my foot on it while I paint. I would love to get a pedicure but I'm sooo scared - major ticklishness issues.
Christine in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:26 AM   #9  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Pedicures are the BEST!!!! But, I spend way too much money on my nails already (gel nails rock!), so I figure I just have to do without the pedicures!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:09 AM   #10  
Its all about choices

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

I love to have my toenails polished. I might go 2 months out of the year with bare toes. And I use my tootsies to experiment with new colors too. I buy a quick dry polish whenever possible, or paint them while watching a fave show. (Wet toenails will keep me from raiding the fridge too!) I sit on the sofa and prop my food up on a foot stool or one of my kids play chairs. I have a small bathroom and can sit on the tub and prop my foot up on the toilet. One day I will treat myself to a pedicure. I know the results will be worth it. I haven't let my daughter paint my toes yet, but she's getting older and I might ask her if I needed her help.
I don't paint my fingernails as often, I keep a clear polish on most of the time. When I do paint my nails, I use a different color than is on my toes.
NickiB68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:30 AM   #11  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I really could not tell you the last time I painted my own toenails. I save up for my pedicures & my current favorite color that I keep going back to is Bogota Blackberry (?) by OPI. The other one I really love is You Rock-a-Pulco Red.

After a few pedi's, your feet get over the tickly feeling.

Sherry if you're gonna do one at home I highly recommend Freeman's Foot Care line. They have this plum-pumice scrub that is absolutely amazing!!!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:34 PM   #12  

Aimee,

I already have the Freeman stuff It smells so good! Last time I used it, my son came in and wanted to soak his feet, too! Ulta stocks their whole foot care line.

I did my fingernails last night. I always use really pale, practically opaque colors because I chip them so easily and do not have the patience to redo them.

I'll try the pedicure tonight....

Sherry
Old 06-09-2007, 07:37 AM   #13  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

I think having perfect toes is a must, I do a french manicure on them every three weeks, have been doing them for 30 years........I like the llok of clean, and upkept
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote