Old 06-05-2007, 04:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 276/276/240

Height: 5'3

Default What's your 'plan'?

Hey everyone - I was just wondering what everyone's 'plan' was - we all do great when we 'stick to plan' - and I know it is different for different people - WW, etc - so I was curious about what people out there are doing! Thanks!
scrappychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 05:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Hey scrappy,

My plan is actually very simple. I eat a large variety of food including lots of fruits and vegetables. I keep my calories bouncing around under 1500/day. By bouncing around I mean that for a day or two (or three) I'll eat around 1200. Then I'll eat 1500. Then a couple of days at 1300-1400. See what I mean? Just to keep my body guessing. I've also slowly added exercise. I started by doing only 5 minutes/day on my elliptical. I increased weekly - just a little bit. Now, after adding in some new things, I do the elliptical for 45 minutes (6-7 miles) on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I also do weight-lifting for about 30 minutes on those days. On Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday I've started running using the couch to 5K program. Sunday is typically exercise with the family (just by playing). Lots of times it's a bike ride or playing basketball or that kind of thing. You get the idea. I also do NOT eat past 7:00 in the evening. I've DRASTICALLY reduced the amount of sugar I eat (plain and hidden in sauces and food) and I've virtually eliminated white starches by switching to whole grains and flours. I've added TONS of fish to my diet...we eat fish 3-4 times per week, now.

I guess that's it! hahaha It seems simple but it sure looks kinda long all written out.

What are you doing?
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 05:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I count calories.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 06:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

My plan is a combination of calorie estimation + eating whole foods + avoiding foods without nutritional value. I try to emphasize a plant-based lifestyle (lots of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, healthy fats, a little lean protein).
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 06:57 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I kind of made up my own plan. I keep tweaking as I go along. I find new foods that I like. I first and foremost count calories. Cause even healthy foods has calories. I need limits and counting calories is the only way that I know how to do that.

I eat very, very healthy foods. Tons and TONS of fiber rich veggies, some fruit - though not much, low fat proteins. I should also mention what I don't eat or should I say rarely, rarely eat and then only in teeny, tiny portions (so far) - pasta, bread, rice, sweets and that kind of stuff. And I didn't even attempt a bite of that stuff until a good few months into my journey. I truly believe that it is better to do totally without that stuff. Once I start eating it, I want more.

I truly love, love, love the foods that I eat now and if ever I've gone over on my calories for the day - it's on healthy stuff for the most part.

I eat every 2 1/2 hours or so, so that I never get hungry.

I drink lots and lots of water.

I exercise 7 days a week. I've yet to step foot in a gym.

So far, so good.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 06-05-2007 at 07:22 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 07:27 PM   #6  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

My plan is pretty similiar to everyone else's. Calorie counting and exercising. I eat somewhere between 1400-1700 a day, no junk food, low fat, or fat free, I am starting to eat less carbs and more protein( not an easy task for a person who doesn't eat poultry or red meat), and have noticed more energy because of this, I also eat much more fruit and try to eat veggies too. I exercise 5-6 days a wk , right now I have worked from 2-3 minutes on the elliptical: to 26 minutes now , I also do 14 minutes of leg lifts, squats, sit ups and crunches, and do 14 minutes of some weight lifting( free weights).
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 07:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220+/174.2/140

Height: 5'6"

I eat only fruits, vegetables, whole grains, & lean protein. I don't eat ANY processed food. I also work out at least two hours a day - a combination of cardio, weight lifting & toning, swimming, and running. Also, I spend most of my weekends hiking. When I do eat out, I make sensible choices and order very simple foods with minimal sauces and don't clean my plate.
Anna829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 08:10 PM   #8  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna829 View Post
I eat only fruits, vegetables, whole grains, & lean protein. I don't eat ANY processed food.
That is great! It is awesome to find someone else who also refuses to eat all artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners and packaged foods!

I must confess, I do still eat some "processed" foods in that I eat soy (milk, tofu, tempeh and some "meats"), flourless sprouted whole grain breads, sprouted whole grain pasta, organic "healthy" cereals and the like but they are "cleaner" than what most people eat!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 08:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220+/174.2/140

I was actually raised on a vegan diet. We ate primarily what we grew and would only buy a few staples, like REAL peanut butter (with just nuts and oil) and whole grain bread. That really helps, because I really like all the nutritious organic foods, but just have limited time. My mom has been a big help, because I have been calling her for advice and she has been telling me what to eat extra of, which fruits to limit, which have nutrients I need for different activities, etc.

Nice to know someone else eating a similar diet! I LOVE soy, but have been doing my best to find unprocessed soy, like fresh edamame. I also have a weakness for hummus with pita bread. What your eating is just marginally processed anyway. I prefer to eat a lot of really good foods than eat tiny portions of foods that aren't that good for me and don't fill me.

My mom gave me her tabouleh recipe, which is excellent, although it is always a pain to obtain bulghur.
Anna829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:24 AM   #10  
Chubby vegan :\

Height: 5'9"

Red face

I do nothing more than count calories and do moderate exercise. I'm vegan, though not as healthy as it sounds, as I still seek out vegan junk foods like "cheeses" and other fattening foods. I find that when I get too "gung-ho" and restrictive with my eating, about 2 weeks into it I rebel or something (still can't figure out if it's physiological, psychological, emotional, or what!) I hope to eventually move to where Robin and some of the others are at with their healthful eating, but right now I need to do what I can stick with. I do end up making more healthful choices simply because a bowl of Kashi has fewer calories than, say, hashbrowns, but I still "budget" for things like french fries, burritos (with guac, of course!) and tortilla chips. I can't say I've felt deprived at all since beginning this journey. Not the healthiest way of eating, but a huge improvement over what I had been doing over the past several years - I was outta control!
Christine in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 257/257/150

Height: 5'10"

I am on the path to "Normal Eating". I'm a binger so eating 6 times a day doesn't work for me. It turns in to a day long binge~fest. I know the food I was eating was bad for me. Eating bad food is like peeing in your radiator. It will get you to where you're going but it's not good for your car.

I eat lean meats, have lowered my fat intake to 2 tbls cheese and homemade Ranch on my salad, drink tons of water, exercise at least 30 minutes a day and eat all of the fruits and vegetables I want. I practice portion control by keeping in mind the size of a normal person's stomach and what it should hold...NOT the size of MY stomach and what I've stretched it to hold. *sigh*

I drink sugar in my coffee in the mornings to satisfy my sweet~tooth and that is it. I do not eat sweets of ANY kind other than the aforementioned sugar in coffee. I just simply cannot. My body does not process sugar well and I crash HARD.

I guess that's it. Oh...and keep a VERY positive attitude. I can do this. I will do this. I AM DOING THIS!!!

XO~
Jenn
tsinitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:04 AM   #12  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

I follow the Weight Watcher's flex plan which includes what they consider the 8 healthy guidelines. With this I eat lots of veggies and a couple pieces of fruit per day. Lots of water, lean protiens. With this plan nothing is "off limits" it's more a method of learning portion control and moderation, and that you can have that special something ON OCCASSION. It's worked great for me! I've never done any other plan, but after almost 10 months, I still feel like this is something I can do for the rest of my life. Guess that means it's a keeper!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:12 AM   #13  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

TECHNICALLY I'm on South Beach. have been for over a year.

actually I eat whole grains avoid white foods (except dairy), lean protein LOTS of veggies some fruits and good fats....

i drink 3 quarts of water per day

and i exercise both cardio and strength training.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:15 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

I too count calories. I try to keep my carb/protein/fat ratio around 50/30/20 but it doesn't always work out that way. I stay around 1800-2500 calories. (I'm still breastfeeding.) I too try to eat every 2-3 hours. I plan my meals in advance and I log everything I eat into fitday. I've found that by eating every couple of hours I'm not so starved for the "bigger" meals and I like knowing that I do have food coming soon. I too have been known to be a binger so I will measure my foods out and only take that to work. I also try to avoid my trigger foods so I won't binge.

So far it's been working pretty well. I keep trying to add in exercise. That is coming this week.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:43 AM   #15  

I am going to the gym and recently started the South Beach diet. Doing great so far and feeling good.
Dolphingirl is offline   Reply With Quote