Old 05-10-2007, 12:55 PM   #16  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 01:27 PM   #17  
Dieting Diva

Big hugs Rhonda !
We all see this and understand why it happened. I understand there is grief, anger and disappointment which you are entitled to- but put down the box of oreos.
The big picture is how are you going to handle the stress involved with the move ? Use this disappointment to figure out "Rhonda's emergency eating plan" for the things that might bubble over with the move. Do you have an ipod, can you turn on the music and chill instead of eating a dingdong? I was "unplugged' from the computer for three weeks when I moved- do you have an outside support system ? Make a mental list- pack a box of things that soothe you, pamper you or some 100 calorie packs just incase things get tough during the move.
Yep those cookies weren't good- but if you can figure out what to do instead of eating cookies when something like this crops up again- they will save you a lifetime of extra calories.
(and that's a skinny thought !)

Last edited by sirak; 05-10-2007 at 01:34 PM. Reason: fingers are slower than thoughts sometimes.
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 01:49 PM   #18  
missaprylj

RockinRobin is so right!

And you know what? At least you stopped at the cookies. You could have kept going, hit the drive-thru, had whatever at home after that, and carried it into the next day....days...weeks... But you didn't! You came here instead, which was a very big deal! (or it would have been for me anyway.)
Old 05-10-2007, 04:25 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Everyone else has already said everything I'm thinking in response to your post, but I just wanted to say I'm here for you too!

I've always envied close father-daughter relationships because I didn't have one, and I think there will always be a hole in my heart because of that. I'm sorry your father is disappointing you now, and I can see how much that would hurt. Apryl made SUCH a great point, though -- you stopped at the cookies! That's something to celebrate! When we're let down by someone we love, we reach out for comfort -- it's natural. The fact that you didn't turn it into days or weeks of eating comfort food and getting out of control is fantastic. It's so easy to go too far when we're feeling hurt or stressed, but you showed lots of restraint by stopping and coming here to talk about it!! So I'm proud of you for that, as I'm proud of all the progress you've made and all the wonderful support you give everyone here.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:21 AM   #20  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Thank you, 3FC Friends. Your understanding and encouragement mean so much to me.

Sirak, you are right...I do need an emergency plan for this moving phase of my life. I'm finding myself faultering and thinking "its okay...I'm stressed and have a lot on my plate right now and I can get back on-plan once everything is settled." Argghhhh.....I fought hard to lose these 26 pounds. What, I'm gonna gain it all back in the space of a few weeks! Yep, I need a plan.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote