Old 04-21-2007, 11:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 166/166/126

Height: 5"3'

Unhappy I'm a teenager but I'm at risk of being overweight!

Heey

My name is Beth & I am a 15 years old girl. I am at risk of being overweight so I would like to lose the pounds before it's too late
I was 9st two years ago & now I am 11st 11lb - I'm really gutted because I didn't even realise that I've put on so much weight.
Please help I'm a newbie :] I live in South West Wales in the UK.
I wouldn't class myself as seriously overweight but I know that I weigh too much for my height and my age. I would like to go back to my old weight I was two years ago, 9st. When I was 9st I always thought that I was too fat because I had low confidence and for some stupid reason the kids in my school were calling me fat.
When I got together with my boyfriend Mike I must have let myself go because I was too happy to notice how much I was eating. I wouldn't say that I'm a greed who eat loads of junk food all the time. I just didn't exercise as much as I used to and I keep coming down with a flu or something which knocks me back. When I'm sick all I want to do is relax, have a tub of ice cream and enjoy the telly.
I keep seeing my mum using this website so I thought I would check out this site. I think it's a fab site with loads of support from everyone who are in the same boat.
My mum is doing really well with her diet and I think that this site keeps my mum sane because there's loads of support and advice which is brillant
So I thought I would make a change to my lifestyle and start using this because I actually haven't had my tub of Ben and Jerry's because this site is just so.. gripping LOL There's lots of positive attitude and I think it's really great!
I have been thinking about being careful with what I eat and limit my fav food. I have decided that I am going to give up on chocolate and ice cream for a period of time and I will also exercise a bit more.
It's nice to see that there's actually lots of overweight people who have a positive attitude!
Bazza xx

Last edited by rockinrobin; 04-21-2007 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Combined 2 threads as they were almost identical
SilentFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 11:41 AM   #2  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

Honey you should have your parents take you to a DR and run some test.......
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:42 PM   #3  

To CyberGyspy
What is DR? Do you mean a doctor? I know that I'm at risk of being overweight because I worked out my BMI (body mass index) and it shown that I'm at risk.
I just want to lose the pounds but it seems really difficult because I have a boyfriend who is really skinny but he can eat anything he want and never gain weight. It just seems so unfair.
It's also because there's loads of venders in my school - there's not much healthy food at the canteen but I don't go to the canteen because I have to wait 30 mins for food which is stupid because I only get 45 mins for lunch.
I want to lose 40 pounds, it doesn't seem much but to me it's a huge deal because I really don't know where to start.

Bazza xx
Old 04-21-2007, 02:35 PM   #4  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi and welcome! It sounds like you have a great plan. Cutting out some of the junk food and exercising will definitely get you on your way.
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 02:43 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

First off hi and welcome to 3FC. I'm sorry that you are feeling so badly about yourself. Weight does have a way of creeping up on us. Can you talk to your mom about it? Let her know that you are interested in losing some weight. Ask her to keep good and healthy foods in the house. Less junk, more vegetables and fruits. That's always a great place to start. Also, try elminating fast food as much as possible. If you have a hamburger take off the bun or at least 1/2 the bun. Or maybe a grilled chicken sandwich instead. Skip the mayonaise based sauces. Either have 1/2 an order of fries or none. It's also important to watch your portions. It's real easy to eat more then we need. Instead of regular soda, how about diet sodas or club soda or water. Another good way to start is to add some exercise into your day. I know it's hard to find time when you are so young and busy with school and other activities. Maybe try walking for 30 mins a day. Or some kind of exercise DVD.

Sometimes it really doesn't seem fair. The people who SEEM to be able to eat whatever they want with out gaining any weight and then of course there's all that temptation around us. Why not try making some small changes and see how that goes? You've still got some growing to do so you don't want to do anything too drastic. Try and enlist you rmom for help. Good luck and check back here so we can help and support you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 02:48 PM   #6  

SexyRevealed
Thanks for the post
It's gonna be tough because I'm still a teenager and my taste for food keeps changing. One minute I'm craving for bread and the next I can't stand bread! Hehe
Bazza xx
Old 04-21-2007, 02:59 PM   #7  

rockinrobin
Thanks so much for the post
My mum knows that I'm not happy with my weight. In fact - she is a fan of this site and she have done so well with her diet.
My mum doesn't buy junk food in the house but I do because when I stay down my dad's he gives me pocket money so I use it to buy something like ice-cream. But I'm not the kind who eat loads of junk food.
I do eat vegs but I'm not really fussed on fruits - although I do like grapes and pineapple.
I used to exercise loads but now I've got a boyfriend and I'm busy with my exams in school - I really don't have the time or the energy to exercise. I have loads of exercise DVDs at home but like I said, I don't have the time. Plus - I keep catching a cold or having a bad throat so that stops me from exercising
It's my friend's 18th birthday in May and she is having a fancy-dress party so I would like to shift some pounds because I never look good in clothes. I'm also going to Majorca this September so I would love to be back to 9st because I would die if I wore a bikini at 11st
Do you honestly think it's possible that I could be a lot lighter in time for Majorca if I try really hard?
Once again, thanks for the post I feel a lot better!
Bazza xx
Old 04-21-2007, 03:12 PM   #8  

hey!!! i am kinda in the same boat u r! i just joined and i hope tht evrythin goes according 2 plan 4 u!!!!
terry in trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 03:23 PM   #9  

terry in trouble
Heey
I joined this site as well today My mum said that this site is fab and you will find loads of support and advice.
I hope that everything goes according to the plan for you as well - if you got a plan! LOL
Bazza xx
Old 04-21-2007, 05:51 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Bazza!!

I think you could definitely lose some weight by September, if you aim for a healthy weight loss of 1-2 lbs per week, you could possibly lose between 20-30 lbs! You're on the right track - focus on eating healthy foods and exercising and you will get there. Keep posting - the support on this site is fabulous!! And it's great your mom is trying to lose some weight too - you can work together at it.

Last edited by sept15lija; 04-21-2007 at 05:58 PM.
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 06:12 PM   #11  

Thanks Liz - for the post
I have done a diet before with the help of my mum. She is on the Weight Watchers diet so I have been counting points for the food I've eaten. I lost 8 pounds in the 1st week which was brillant then the 2nd week I lost 4 pounds then I just lost track and gave up
I don't seem to have the willpower to keep on the diet..
Losing between 20 - 30 pounds just in time for my holiday sounds fab! That means I will be 9 and half stone which is perfect
Thank you for your support
Bazza xx