Old 04-17-2007, 12:43 PM   #16  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

Dont use them anymore because i dont want to spend my life counting every bite i put in my mouth, I have done much better without counting
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:58 PM   #17  
Dieting Diva

Thanks for the information about dietfact.com ! I have spent many an evening squinting at the nutritional stuff trying to enter it into fitday. This will really help.
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:18 PM   #18  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Mrs Quadcrew -

What are the advantages to having the home version? Can you still enter it online and then use the home version at night. I would enter in my stuff at work (online) all day, but then could use the home version at night when I get home.

I have been keeping just a journal of my calories, but really need to start watching my fiber too, so I have been thinking of going back to fitday.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:55 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberGypsy View Post
Dont use them anymore because i dont want to spend my life counting every bite i put in my mouth, I have done much better without counting
What do you do instead of counting? I'm always curious about plans that don't include counting calories. Do you just sort of estimate it in your head?

I tried Fitday and thedailyplate.com, but I just can't get into it. It's funny, because I'm all about tracking and analyzing things, and I do it with my runs on runningahead.com, but the food thing annoys me. So I still just write everything in a little notebook.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:37 AM   #20  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

A big 'Thank You' to everyone that responded. I tried the calorie counting and I must confess...I hated it! I really can't see myself doing this for life, so I'm following my SB program again and we'll see what happens. On the SB forum, there a some people who've lost a lot of weight by just following the program, so I might be able to do the same. I'm going to give it a 100% try.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:47 AM   #21  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMarie71 View Post
What do you do instead of counting? I'm always curious about plans that don't include counting calories. Do you just sort of estimate it in your head?

I tried Fitday and thedailyplate.com, but I just can't get into it. It's funny, because I'm all about tracking and analyzing things, and I do it with my runs on runningahead.com, but the food thing annoys me. So I still just write everything in a little notebook.
I know my intake by now and enjoy what i eat, I dont want to know every cal count in each food, I enjoy and just limit myself, i remember each time i would eat something I would run to the PC and log it...for me thats not living... Calorie King is a awesome program....you just download and go....
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:00 AM   #22  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

What I have never been able to find is a place that I can put in my Ingredients and have them add up the nutrients, instead of having to do each ingredient individually.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:29 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Sandi - the home version has more on it that the online one does. (fitday) I don't think that you can incorporate the two of them though, and you can't "share" the PC version like you can the online one. The main reason I bought it was that I really like that program, and I didn't want to take the chance of my internet going out and me not having access to fitday! I do have to enter things, but I really don't mind, I only do it once and it is always there. It has all kinds of graphs and reports that you can take advantage of. I would pay twice the amount tomorrow to get it back if I lost it today ~ I like it that much!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:57 AM   #24  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Sandi, calorie-count.com will do this for you quite easily. They have something called "recipe analyzer". When you go to the website, the homepage has a gray tool bar that says Recipe on the top right hand side. Click on that and then up will come "recipe analyzer". Very easy.

Rhonda, I'm sorry that you didn't like calorie counting. It IS a little tedious at first. Good luck getting back into South Beach.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:12 PM   #25  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberGypsy View Post
^^ What she said.

I did fitday for awhile, when I was working with a renal dietician so she could check my progress. To me it felt like having a part-time job. I can't remember what I did or did not eat in a day. It might have worked if I kept a notebook, and added things to the computer at night, but I am nowhere near that disciplined.

With not counting, I just make the best choice I can. I don't beat myself up for my weak moments, I move on. Obviously I am not going to have a binge every day & forgive myself for it. But I do the best I can. I've also added exercise back in. That has helped.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:17 PM   #26  
Blessed

S/C/G: 292/277/146

Height: 5' 4"

Thumbs up I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyRevealed View Post
I like the site that rhymes with Sharkpeople. (for some reason we can't say it here).
I finally found it and sexyrevealed is right, it is a really neat site. I really liked fitday when I first went there, but this site takes it up several notches.

At Easter or slightly before, I got off track not trainwrecked but not doing all I need to. I believe this new site is just what I needed to jump back in.

Thanks Tiffany!!

P.S. it is the second letter you change....
LadySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:02 PM   #27  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Mrs Quadcrew, does the home version have a way to see how much of *every* component of the foods you are eating? For instance, the sodium? Or is there a way to do it on the regular version that I am just not finding?

(I thought I would log my food today for fun. Knowing anyone & everyone can look at it has helped me to make good choices.)
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:09 PM   #28  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySue View Post
I finally found it and sexyrevealed is right, it is a really neat site. I really liked fitday when I first went there, but this site takes it up several notches.

At Easter or slightly before, I got off track not trainwrecked but not doing all I need to. I believe this new site is just what I needed to jump back in.

Thanks Tiffany!!

P.S. it is the second letter you change....
Your welcome and good luck! Add me as a friend if you like, and I'll add you back. My user name is the same.
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:47 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

SuchaPrettyFace - Yes, it does have that in the home version. When you're looking at the Food log page - there is a button at the bottom of the screen (nutrition I think is what is is) click on that and it gives you a breakdown of everything you ate that day and all the nutrients you got from it!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:19 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Rhonda - give thedailyplate.com a shot. I rarely have problems finding foods and if I do they are SO EASY to add. You can get some nice charts there, too. I use calorie-count to figure out a recipes nutritional info because the daily plate has a few glitches that I don't really like but then I post all the info from calorie-count over onto daily plate.

Good luck!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote