Old 04-10-2007, 10:56 PM   #16  
Chubby vegan :\

Height: 5'9"

Not sure if you have a Trader Joe's around, but Trader Joe's Organic Balsamic Vinaigrette is good. It's mild, not too "vinegar-y". No HFCS, it's only 60 calories for 2 tablespoons, and a little goes a long way. (Note: This one is found in the non-refrigerated section. The balsamic vinaigrette found in the refrigerated section is non-organic and has double the calories).

Edit: Oops - just noticed you don't like vinegar (but I swear this one's mild!! )

Last edited by Christine in CA; 04-10-2007 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Missed info in poster's original post!
Christine in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:46 AM   #17  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I squeeze on some fresh lemon juice. Or sometimes I use a drop of balsamic vinegar. Both virtually zero calories. I also like to put things in my salad that are very tasty so that I don't need any dressing at all. Like plain tuna. Or taco spiced grilled chicken breast.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:58 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Default Help me out!

What is HCFS??

Thanks.
RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:54 AM   #19  
Chubby vegan :\

Height: 5'9"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAthena View Post
What is HCFS??

Thanks.
<phew> Now I don't feel so bad for having to Google it: high fructose corn syrup!
Christine in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:26 AM   #20  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penney View Post
I am looking at my bottle it says sugar - but it is not HFCS. There are only natural ingredients in these dressings....

I have used the salad spritzers as well.... those are good! If I remember correctly I liked the Raspberry Breeze.
You are right - I think that IS the reason I didn't get them was the sugar (I am learning the wholefoods way of eating) and not HFCS. Thanks for the clarification! I believe this is the reason I threw my brand new bottle of the Raspberry spritzer away too. I was so excited to find them being so low cal, etc., and then discovered the sugar.

Thanks again!!
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:28 AM   #21  
Starting over 3/24/2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine in CA View Post
Not sure if you have a Trader Joe's around, but Trader Joe's Organic Balsamic Vinaigrette is good. It's mild, not too "vinegar-y". No HFCS, it's only 60 calories for 2 tablespoons, and a little goes a long way. (Note: This one is found in the non-refrigerated section. The balsamic vinaigrette found in the refrigerated section is non-organic and has double the calories).

Edit: Oops - just noticed you don't like vinegar (but I swear this one's mild!! )
I can tolerate vinegar IF it is mild. Of course, it is probably like everything else, you have to give it time to become something you can tolerate better. I sure WISH we had a Trader Joe's! There isn't one in our WHOLE state!
Old 04-11-2007, 09:29 AM   #22  
Starting over 3/24/2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine in CA View Post
<phew> Now I don't feel so bad for having to Google it: high fructose corn syrup!
Sorry, ladies! I should have remembered when I wondered the same thing and didn't know either! I had to ask when I first saw this too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
I squeeze on some fresh lemon juice. Or sometimes I use a drop of balsamic vinegar. Both virtually zero calories. I also like to put things in my salad that are very tasty so that I don't need any dressing at all. Like plain tuna. Or taco spiced grilled chicken breast.
I have wondered about lemon juice but haven't tried it because of its tartness. I will have to do this. I like tuna and chicken on my salads as well, but they seem to make me want MORE dressing! LOL!! Funny how we all deal with things differently, huh? Thanks again!!
Old 04-11-2007, 11:14 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

As a whole foods follower myself, I'm not as worried about sugar (or honey) as I am by fake stuff (aspartame, HFCS). My current favorite is:

http://www.anniesnaturals.com/Pages/...dietginger.htm

It doesn't taste vinegary to me
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:17 AM   #24  
Starting over 3/24/2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
As a whole foods follower myself, I'm not as worried about sugar (or honey) as I am by fake stuff (aspartame, HFCS). My current favorite is:

http://www.anniesnaturals.com/Pages/...dietginger.htm

It doesn't taste vinegary to me
Oh, cool! I just saw this brand show up in our stores recently. Thanks so much!!
Old 04-11-2007, 12:56 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I use those Wishbone spritzers... they're nothing like the fatty dressings I love (mmm blue cheese) but I find that they do, and they're about 20 calories.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:40 PM   #26  
Starting over 3/24/2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06 View Post
I use those Wishbone spritzers... they're nothing like the fatty dressings I love (mmm blue cheese) but I find that they do, and they're about 20 calories.
I threw my bottle away when I saw sugar listed as an ingredient. I will have to see to what extent it is in there and maybe give it a try.