Old 04-03-2007, 05:01 PM   #16  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyerinuk View Post
Just curious - am I the only one who really can't tolerate the low-fat stuff?

Cheers m'dears!
Around here we have some of the best cheeses in the world! The selection at the grocery store is amazing. Take me to a dairy and I'm in heaven!

I won't eat the low fat stuff. It's all or nothing baby! I've tried it - and I'd rather go without.
Do they add extra sodium in low fat cheese?
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:26 PM   #17  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

I wasn't a fan of low fat cheese either, but I love the Frigo Light Mozzarella string cheese. 9g of protein and 3g of fat. I can't tolerate any fat free variety, so I always stick to the reduced fat kind (usually made with 2% milk).
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:47 PM   #18  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

My diet doesn't have all that much fat in it - not necessarily on purpose, but because fat has so many calories for very little volume, and I am all about getting a higher volume of food for my calorie budget. Over the past month, I've averaged 20% of my calories from fat - 30% protein, and 50% carbs...

Most of the fats are incidental - two grams in a laughing cow wedge, some from chicken breast, 2 grams a day from my nightly 1/2 cup serving of rainbow sherbet, and a more considerable amount when I cook with one of my favorite ingredients, Aidells Chicken/Turkey sausages. The lean pork tenderloin i cook a lot of also has a fair amount of fat - 5g per serving. I only really use olive oil or other cooking oils when I am roasting veggies, and even then, i just use a little bit. Weekends tend to be higher on fat for me than weekends, even if calories are the same, but thats because of the crazy wedding planning busyness and making not-as-good choices out and about as i might make at home.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:20 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Although I get a bit of fat from things like chicken breast and lean cuts of meat, my main source is olive oil, olives, avocados and walnuts. I also eat canned salmon quite a bit. So I'm trying to go for the healthiest fats possible.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:47 PM   #20  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Dana, I was ready to write, my butt!

Peanut butter. Definitely. Some of my breads have more fat than others, and my milk. Sometimes avocados.
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:13 AM   #21  
For a fit, healthy me!

S/C/G: s3x/s2x/healthy and fit

Height: 5 feet even

Default I find that a bit of healthy fat helps me keep full longer....

For breakfast I include 6-8 walnut halves with my cereal. For snack in the afternoon I add 10 raw almonds to my plain LF yogurt. I also use an EVOO spray from Trader Joes for cooking. Occasionally a drizzle of EVOO on my salad. I have cut lean red meat down to once, maybe twice a week. I also love, love cheese and limit it. The Laughing Cow lite cheese wedge seem to satisfy my craving for 35 cal and 2gm fat. If I have eggs I use 1 egg and 2 egg whites. I do find that for me sugar is more of a problem than fat so I am more viligent watching for hidden sugars and trans fats as opposed to healthy fats.

Kathy
Casey4 is offline   Reply With Quote