Old 03-25-2007, 10:57 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Pookie! I'm glad you're posting here, I haven't seen you post on the 100club in awhile, but I might be mistaken!

I'd also like to offer my condolences for the loss of your mother.

Go kick butt, girl! I know you can do it! I'm getting a dreaded invitation soon-ish... for a wedding I'm the MOH in! YIKES!!!!!!! Dress shopping this summer and NOT looking forward to it. Le sigh.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:13 AM   #17  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Pookie, I wanted to say - you go! you can do this!
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:08 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 250/233/137

Height: 5'6"

We dont' seem to make much use of the little square envelope here in Europe as you do in the states, but you can always tell and invite as the paper of the envelope is good quality and hand writen.

I hope the dress fitting went well Avsfan2. I had a very similar experience last year when I was one of 5 bridesmaids and the only over weight one. I was supposed to wear a thin strapped clingy dress and even over the worlds stongest tummy holding in knickers it looked dreadful. I was so upset (crying, the whole works) that I said I wouldn't be in the wedding unless I could wear a shawl and the bride, much to my surprise, agreed! In the end I bought fabric for all 5 bridesmaids so I wouldn't be the odd one out and made us each a semi-transparent shawl. I'm so glad I spoke up as I know the bride would never have suggested this herself and it really transformed the experience for me.
Lillibeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:45 AM   #19  

Lillibeth, great idea about the shawl. Glad you could make that work! I never would have thought of that. The fitting went "ok" I guess. I am slightly dreadful of the actual day but I've got nearly 7 months to try to tone a lose a few more pounds so hopefully that will help with the anxiety a bit. It's just really hard to be the only "fat" girl but I won't be the fat girl forever! Soon enough I'll be a thin-mini!
avsfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:52 AM   #20  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

I guess I'm the oddball, or maybe just the social butterfly, but I love invites.

I do stress over being the fattest, the lawn chairs, of what to wear, but I overall enjoy parties, so I do still get excited by the envelopes!
jennylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:11 AM   #21  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Pookie,

I'll join you with the butt kickin and public declaration! I also eat for comfort and I've not yet figured out how to handle that. But, I keep trying. Maybe that is our answer.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Mom. I also lost my Mom after a very short fight with ovarian cancer in 2004. Food was my biggest comfort and I subsequently gained over 70 pounds. We can do this! And, our Mom's will be so proud!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:44 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 250/233/137

Height: 5'6"

Goodluck Avsfan2, I'm sure you can do it. Even if you only lost 1 pound a week over 7 months that is a huge loss. Infact, even if you only lost 1 pound every other week it would make a massive difference - you'd have to have that dress re-sized for sure.
Lillibeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:35 PM   #23  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Speaking of those envelopes!

We received one this past October, to the wedding of Rudy's best friend's little brother. I was excited when we received it. And then...as it neared...I found myself thinking of every excuse in the book not to go.

I missed that wedding out of shame...Rudy went and had a wonderful time, and I stayed home out of pure shame..how stupid is that?

I recently bought myself a pair of jeans because I had been wearing the same ONE pair of past for the past many months. They were falling apart from being washed every other day and I finally had to break down and buy a new pair. I waited as long as I could because I didn't want to buy clothes in this new...bigger size. The last time I lost weight, I threw out all my really fat clothes, except the one pair. I was happy to have pants that weren't ruined, but sad that they were so big.

Pookie...I'm so glad you are back on the road! I am SO proud of you...getting back on track after all you have been through!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:33 AM   #24  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKIE88 View Post
BeautifulOne: I’m sure James Blunt wrote “You’re Beautiful” for you !
Pookie, that's so sweet - thank you!

It's great to find renewed motivation to keep going! I completely forgot about what it means to try on fitting clothes, but I agree completely. Sometimes I start to feel complacent when I can fit into all of my "smaller" clothes comfortably and not worry, and then when those get loose. Going shopping reminds me that I'm still quite a bit away from my goal and I need to keep working on it. Thanks for the reminder

Hang in there! I hope you are all right - I know funerals can be difficult.
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 05:23 PM   #25  
Nicker

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Pookie sounds like you found yourself a new lease. Seems as if that shopping trip did you some good. I will be your cheerleader anytime!

I am actually looking forward to doing some shopping before summer. I don't want to buy anything yet. I want to wait until the weather gets warmer so what I buy will fit me for longer. My family is going on a hotair balloon ride near the end of August. I hope to be very close to my goal then (within 5 pounds) so maybe I will by myself something new for the occasion. I am sure there will be pictures taken.

Lilybelle - Wow you have done tremmendous. Losing so much weight while on steroids. I have been off them now for a year and a half but when I was on the the hunger was aweful. There were mnay times when I felt so hungry I thought I could have eaten a dead festering skunk. They found another medication that has allowed me to stay in remission without the prednisone. It is really expensive but so worth it. Besides I have good extended health benefits and I don't pay out of pocket. The medication is $5150.00 per single dose. I need to get the medication once every 8 weeks. Lately I have been getting symptoms of a flare up though and it really scares me. I feel like I absolutely can't go back on the steroids again. I can't go back down that road. I think I may call my GI and have a scope scheduled just to see what is going on. If I am right and if it is caught soon enough they can give me something other then prednisone to get the inflimation down. Maybe they can give me more of the other medication. I hope.

Okay time to go clean the kitchen. Talk to you all later.
Nicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:14 AM   #26  
Nicker

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Pookie - The hotair balloon ride was my Christmas gift to my family. My sister whole lives in the states is coming home then so that is when we are going. I am so excited about it. It has been a silly dream of mine since I was a little girl to go on one. Before I bought the present though I had to make sure there was no wieght restrictions for individuals. Both of my parents are MO. My dad is probably well over 300 lbs. We may have to go in two balloons but we can all go. We MIGHT all be able to go in the 8 passenger if I am slimmed down enough by then.
Nicker is offline   Reply With Quote