Old 03-20-2007, 08:15 AM   #16  

Height: 5'4"

Fellow addict right here! (lol) I'm only a month in and it looks like we started at the same place! I was just telling my mom the exact same thing about the food. I love everything about it. The taste,the feel,the smell! It's horrible!(lol) I'm still having bad days like this week,it's that time of the month. But I feel really really good when I drive past the McDonalds and eat something healthy instead of the junk. At the time it seems hard but when I make the right choice I feel so proud of myself.(lol)(I even feel the need to tell my hubby,my mom the kids....someone!)
And as someone said above take your measurements. That is very good motivation. We can do this. Stick around we'll do it together!
penor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:49 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 231/219/160

Height: 5'2 "

I recommend stopping the sugar entirely for a few weeks. For many people, sugar is highly addictive-and I'm one of them. It's not easy, I know, but you can do it!
jrenzul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:57 AM   #18  

did you know eating is a habit and habits take a bit of effort to break.
I clicked to that one, when I found myself looking for food to eat everytime I went through the kitchen area. And there are times like when you sit down to watch the telly, that you will think of food and you know you are not hungry. Like everytime I went to the shop for milk I would alway buy something to eat. Habits of a life time, slowly learned and slowly dropped.
kiwichic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:42 PM   #19  
Beam me up Scotty!

S/C/G: 310/218/140

Height: 5'6"

Oh yeah, definately agree with the addiction aspect, but as an alcoholic once told me (after I brought up the, we can't stop eating idea) "yes we do drink, we just don't drink alcohol, and you don't have to eat EVERYTHING!"

I found for me that there are certain foods worse than others and those are triggers for me. I found once I got rid of the additives and processed stuff like sugar, flour, salt and caffine, I wasn't "addicted" any more. I am surrounded by food, sweets and all, every day and they present no challenge to me whatsoever. I did it really slow over a couple of months so I didn't experience the withdrawl that I know a lot people experience if attempting this. I actually was eating more of the foods that I chose to for a while to compensate for what I perceived as my denial, but that also stopped naturally after a while. Mind you, had I tried this any time in my past or if anyone had suggested I do it (and they did), I would have run for the hills! LOL It seemed to happen for me naturally this time, just a progression of what was going on in my mind, a healthier attitude.

I now find I have rational thoughts about the foods I do eat and eat for my health. Everything I eat I love! Things actually taste different, better...if I don't like it I don't eat it.

Stick with it...keep looking for what works for you. Experiment, don't be afraid to change things up if they don't work.
cantforgetthis is offline   Reply With Quote