Old 03-17-2007, 08:21 PM   #16  
Losin' it forever!

Robin, you didn't upset me and I honestly thought I had come across as "It's my way or no way".

Anyway, I would be very interested in other ways to make veggies! I get so bored with them! I love asparagus but the rest of my family doesn't, so I do at times, eat it for lunch. But honestly, other than asparagus, nothing else thrills me...I'm just kind of indifferent. The only ones I absolutely hate are carrots, celery, brussel sprouts and lima beans.

I did work out a Fitday for the last two days and I totally see what you mean about my calories. I have never, ever tracked them before, so I was rather surprised with the outcome! I came in high yesterday at 2022 and low today with 1568. I'm going to keep tracking until I get the hang of it! Thanks for the tip on that!
Royalsfan and Wyllenn, thanks for the advice on calories! I really think 2200 seems high, so I'm going to just track what I do for a week and see where it puts me, then tweak as needed!
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 08:26 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Kimberly -- 2200 may seem high to you, but it really isn't all that high for a lot of people. I'm actually eating not much less than that to maintain at 175!! Well, actually, I'm eating around 2100/day on average and losing, but slowly-- maybe 1/4 pound a week. Granted, I'm exercising a lot, but still. If you're consistent about it (don't "forget" the 4000 calorie days when you track! ) you'd be surprised!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:24 PM   #18  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

You most definitely DID NOT come across my way or no way. But even if you did and again you didn't, well it should be your way. It's you who we're talking about afterall.

You said you did 2 days and came up with 2 different numbers. Well they both seem fine. There's nothing wrong with zig zaging your calories. One day up, one day a little lower. Again IF it's working for you. Are you currently losing on that?

Anyway as far as veggies, there are LOTS to choose from. Broccoli, red and green peppers, zuchinni, sweet potatoes, spaghetti squash, cauliflower (one of my favs), spinach, mushrooms, parsnips, beets, green beans, tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, red onions and on and on and on.

A few times a week I make a stir fry, which incorporates a lot of veggies at once. I also steam some of them and roast lots as well. If you want specifics let me know. I think it's real important to try to diversify and experiment to figure out what YOU like. It may seem daunting at first, but I have no doubt you will figure it all out - and it is so worth it. Why not check out the Whole Foods Lifestyle Forum here at 3FC, you may get some ideas there.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 12:05 AM   #19  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Kimberly - I definitely feel you with the veggies thing. I have maybe 5 or 6 that I like, but I've been trying to branch out. For instance, I thought I hated spinach (I'd only tried it cooked), but it turns out I love fresh spinach in my salad, even better than lettuce! Peppers are starting to grow on me as well, and there are lots more veggies that I would like to try.

I agree with Robin - experiment! It's really all about learning what works for you.

Last edited by SexyRevealed; 03-18-2007 at 07:48 PM.
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:27 AM   #20  
Losin' it forever!

Amazingly enough, I dabbled over in the foods forums last night for the first time and learned that you can roast veggies other than parsnips! What kind of nerd am I? I am very excited to grocery shop this week to pick up some fresh veggies and give it a whirl!
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 12:25 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Kimberly-- Don't feel bad. I like veggies and only just started roasting them this past week!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:00 PM   #22  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Kimberly you are most definitely NOT a nerd. I've been doing this for over 6 months now and everyday I learn some new little trick or recipe or method or some - something. And I hope the learning NEVER stops.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote