Old 02-14-2007, 08:06 AM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Smile Why are you still here?

Have you noticed how much quieter things are around here lately? Looks like the NewYearsResolution rush has passed. I must confess. Although I joined 3FC in November, I did not begin my lifestyle change until January 1st. Yes, I am one of the NewYearsResolution posters. But....I'm still here and still actively participating in this battle to become a healthier me.

What is the difference this time? I've made many many New Year's resolutions to lose weight. My first was when I was 10! I'm now 42 years old and finally waking up to reality. Although I've always been healthy despite my weight, the years of inactivity and poor diet are catching up to me. My recent lab test results weren't the greatest and I hurt when I first get up in the morning. My skin is blotchy and wrinkling and showing the neglect. I must change my life so I can be around for my daughters, and hopefully, my grandchildren. And, I want to enjoy my retirement! No sitting in a rocker for me!

Why are you still here? What is different for you this time?
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Well I am still here because whenever i am not here, all i do is think about how i need to get back here.
Weight has been a life long struggle that i have never been able to conquer long term.
Like you, as i get older, i am reminded more frequently of how important health actually is. I am finally understanding this is not something i can do *until* i lose weight...this is something i have to do even *after* i lose weight, this is what it takes to be healthy...boy was that a light bulb moment. ha ha.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:22 AM   #3  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

are we allowed to leave??

Seriously.. don't know why I'm still dieting.. just taking one day at a time.. building one day on top of the other.

But why am I still here at 3FC - for me.. it's where I can learn the most .. fast! You ladies are a wealth of information!

Dana
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

I am still here because it is not a diet. It is a change of eating whole good for me foods. I eat 5 -6 times a day. I am never starving. I am not doing bad things to my body like eating only one food group and neglecting others. For the first time in 45 years I know how my body works. I know if I starve it my metabolism will slow down. I know if I don't eat enough protein I will burn lean muscle instead of fat when I exercise. I think knowledge is what is really the key. I want to do it for me first. Everyone else will just be lucky to have me around longer. Great question.
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:39 AM   #5  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

I actually started here in early 2006, and due to outside life went through periods of inactivity here. I just find I am more focused when I am on 3fc. I may just look through the new post, pick up tips here and there, but even that helps me keep going.

I tried doing it alone for a really long time and while I don't feel the need to go to a meeting and talk having 3fc is what has really helped me finally lose weight after all this time.

I will say I am starting to think I'm addicted. I think I click on new posts easily 20 times a day. LOL
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:52 AM   #6  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

I'm still here because with each post i am closer to my goal! Everyone woman (...and occasional man) remind me that inspiration is renewable and there is a bottomless wealth of support in others who face the same struggle. I'm here as a statement that what I am doing isn't a passing trend and is more than just a dream- it's my life, that I have taken responsibility for, and is a beautiful work in progress. I'm here... because next year, when the newbies come in mass, I can say "I've been there, and if you need support I'm here too.:
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:55 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

If the question is why am I still at 3fc, it's because I absolutely adore it here and it allows me to channel all my weightloss energy. Does that make sense? And I plan on being here for a loooong time to come. I love the shared goals, I love that we all know what each other is going through, I love that you all understand my struggles and success. I love the commaradarie. No one's getting rid of me anytime soon or ever for that matter.

If you're asking me why I'm still "dieting" this time as opposed to the other times? That's a good question. I don't know what the heck it is. But something just really, really clicked for me this time. I was having a bad few years, the past year had gotten even worse. I was shopping at the plus sized stores and could barely fit in their largest size, which was so worrisome to me. I was getting more and more inactive. 50 years old was in the not too distant future, (I turned 43 in November) and I knew I just didn't see too many 50 year olds walking around at my weight. My kids were quickly getting towards marriagable age and I want to be alive to see it and I thought that even if I was lucky enough to be alive how the heck would I ever particaipate in the event? And I just was so fed up with being so miserable already, I mean enough is enough. Why do this to myself any longer? Why be miserable when you don't HAVE to be? And then I realized that I DON'T have to be this way anymore, I could get healthier and lose the weight. I most certainly could. And I decided to really give it my all this time. Give it 150% effort. And that's what I've done. It just all made perfect sense to me this time, it was crystal clear. Odd.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 09:07 AM   #8  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Accountability I've been here on and off for years and I notice really that I haven't had too much success losing weight without this site.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 09:21 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

I came here Dec. 29th (on purpose - I didn't want this to just be a "new year's resolution" thing) I (like a lot of us) was just tired of ME. I didn't like me, I didn't like the way I looked, I didn't like the way I felt. I was fed up, and I had a "crystal clear" moment watching Dr.Oz - the ONLY person that could fix ME was pretty obvious. IF IT IS GOING TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME. I know I have a long hard road ahead of me, but coming here and seeing all of you and knowing YOU did it - helps me keep on track knowing I CAN DO THIS too. I look at your trackers and read your posts everyday - and even if I don't have anything to contribute, I get something from this place everyday. Someone who hasn't been in our shoes just doesn't "get" it. I will be around here for a very long time - and I hope to be an inspiration to someone else along the way. I was going to type that you all just don't know how much I appreciate all of you, but then, I think, YES, you do.....
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 09:30 AM   #10  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
If you're asking me why I'm still "dieting" this time as opposed to the other times? That's a good question. I don't know what the heck it is. But something just really, really clicked for me this time.
This is really why I posted this question. I could so easily be one of those people who has dropped off of this site and thrown in the towel. I'm sometimes amazed that I haven't! After all, my history shows that I've always quit. I never really had that one light bulb moment. Instead, I think a series of little moments and realizations finally accumulated to the major decision.....DO SOMETHING!!!!

I love visiting 3FC each day. Knowing that you all share my struggles and understand....and seeing the incredible changes many of you have made!...this keeps me motivated. The accountability and support is priceless to me. I find myself not wanting to let you all down....and, I want to be a weightloss winner too!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 09:39 AM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I think it all boils down to this:

Is there anything in this world that we could possibly do that is more important then getting to a healthy weight? What could we possibly do that would be greater and more beneficial then being at a healthy weight?

If there is something that I'm not aware of please, someone let me know. I know I can't think of any. That one thing brings about so many vital changes and effects so much and so many.

Girlygirl, you like soooo many of us have quit at previous attempts. The good thing about this is that you only have to be successful ONE time, the final time.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 09:40 AM   #12  

Okay, so if I'm not here, I'm probably either foraging threw the cabinet looking for munchies or at the very least, thinking of foraging through the cabinet

I haven't had my "ephipany" yet, but I've been waiting 10 years for some miracle to happen -- an amazing diet, the "fat fairy" to come at night, etc. and I've finally realized there is no "quick fix". So, here I am, hanging out with some of the most amazing woman out there. Those who understand this is a struggle every day and will continue to be but that the rewards are immeasurable. I'm here because the alternative is to continue to gain and I just can't do that to myself and my kids.

However, I'm here so much I think I'm going to get in trouble with my boss -- so shhhh!! , don't tell her I'm back again!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 09:41 AM   #13  
Marianne

S/C/G: 256/243/150

Height: 5'4

I started my diet 4 weeks ago. I have been on every diet you can think of. The last straw was when one day a lady came into my work and said "Oh when are you due?" I almost died. I don't want to be fat anymore!!!!!
Marianne031474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 09:46 AM   #14  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

I love this site. I try to read most if not all the new posts. I am still here because I lost my weight due to really bad health problems. Now, that I'm at goal I still need this group just as much as when I was still losing the weight. It keeps me focused on keeping the weight off and not becoming complacent like I have in the past. It helps me to know that I'm not alone in the desire to lose weight and keep it off.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 09:51 AM   #15  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Yeah, I had the click as well. I don't know, it just feels so different this time. I don't even have an urge to eat anything I know is not good for me. Now, I know this will not forever be the case. But I'm pretty confident that I'm in this for the long haul. I can't ever see myself going back to eating the way I was.

Nice thread!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote