Old 01-30-2007, 02:07 PM   #16  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Without a doubt, the new clothing is what does it for a lot of people. It makes a huge difference. When the clothing fits properly and its fitted instead of baggy it is much more noticable. I just gave in and bought some new clothes. My others fit me, but loosely. I've been changing sizes like every 3- 4 weeks, but clothing only every 6 weeks or so, it's hard to keep up. When I put these new clothes on, a friend of mine who had seen me just 2 days earlier, but in the older clothing could not believe the difference. Her mouth literally hung open. My kids as well. Hubby too. My original clothes are unwearable and out of the house.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:20 PM   #17  
Beam me up Scotty!

S/C/G: 310/218/140

Height: 5'6"

For me to notice it was 30 pounds. I could see it through my face, chin and neck. Something that I did that I would also recommend is taking pictures. I'm notorious for a really bad perception of myself. I lost over 100 pounds once and really couldn't tell, but that was just my mind. When I seen the pictures I can see the progression.

It took about 50 pounds for a lot of people to notice, but it probably also had to do with the fact that I had bought new form fitting pants. THAT'S when I was getting comments all over the place. A must do!

I think it was also around 50 pounds when I noticed the greater mobility. I was able to go up and down stairs again with out the weird gait or pain. THAT was a biggie for me too.
cantforgetthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:35 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 329/223/147

Height: 5ft5

I think it depends on what weight you start at. I think for you people will notice a lot sooner than maybe for those of us who started at 300+. I noticed certainly after the first 30lbs - I felt better and looked healthier - although I was still carrying around a huge amount of weight. Other people started to notice around 70lbs - but that's only because I was so big in the first place and if you're still big after losing that amount of weight I think people think of me as still fat and so they can't comment - not sure!

EM
EnglishMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:56 PM   #19  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishMuffin View Post
I think it depends on what weight you start at. I think for you people will notice a lot sooner than maybe for those of us who started at 300+. EM
EM is spot on. The smaller you are, the more obvious it is that you've lost weight. I don't for a second think that it will take 75 lbs for people to notice that you've lost weight like it did at my weight.

At your weight, I would think others will start noticing within 25-30 lbs.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:05 PM   #20  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Great post... I don't think it's shallow to want other people to notice what we are doing. Vanity is a great motivator! I WANT people to look at me and see what I've accomplished. Thanks for the motivation ladies!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:37 PM   #21  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

When I lost 120 lbs back in 2003-2004 I actually lost 75 lbs before anyone noticed. I was still wearing the same clothes that I had started my "diet" on. But once I passed that 75 lbs mark everyone starting noticing and I was going down a size ever week or two!! I can't wait until it happens again (only this time I'm not gaining it back!!! ) So far no one has noticed this time either (but I'm not quite at the 50 lb mark either).
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:12 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

I have a lot to loose - but my MIL stopped in yesterday to visit, and she looked at me and said "you've lost some weight"! (which my total so far is 16.5 pounds) So that really tickled me that SOMEONE noticed ~ even though it isn't a lot gone yet!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote