Old 01-13-2007, 02:12 PM   #16  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Welcome, Gumboot! Looking forward to getting to know you.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 02:21 PM   #17  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

well it's 2:15 pm on Saturday afternoon, things are going ok so far By now, I would have been up and had a Starbucks coffee and a sweet treat, and then to McDonalds for the double-cheeseburger meal deal !!!! INSTEAD, I had ww bread & natural peanut butter & a banana..... spent a good deal of time preparing food for NEXT week, getting it all lined up in the freezer.... and I made a big salad with every crazy veg I could think of and some chopped up turkey & a light vinegrette ....i'm freaking out tho...WHO AM I?? hahahahah

PS turns out i DON"T HATE whole wheat pasta! lol

Hope everyone's having a GREATTTTTTTT day!!! It's gorgeous here so I'm tying up the runners and heading out with the iPod for 1/2 walk WHO AM I??

hahah sorry, i'm in a goofy mood lol

t
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:02 PM   #18  
Future Skinny Teacher!!

S/C/G: 287/238/155

Height: 5'8.5"

Lucky you that you can get out. I have been cooped up in the house since noonish yesterday. There seems to be a major ice storm going on outside my little abode. My son is having a blast on his sled though. He can go from 0 to 20 in 5 seconds. I have done well with sticking to my plan, even if I am bored to tears.
Chunky Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 10:49 AM   #19  
Former Quitter

Trazey - isnt is fun to be doing "strange" things?
Old 01-14-2007, 02:12 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 271/264.0/160

Height: 5' 7"

Default I'm joining in on all this fun!

I'm still pretty new to posting on here. I don't post too often , still pretty shy i guess.

I started watching what I eat on Dec. 27th and had lost 6lbs. But not somehow I've gained a bit back and at my weigh in on Thursday, I was back up 2.8lbs.
I've felt so discouraged. I have been watching everything I eat, and was counting calories and staying in my calorie range. So Thursday I decided that I needed some support to help me along the way. I joined Weight Watchers. I had belonged to them about 5 years ago, and lost some weight, but ended up stopping because the friend I was going with stopped going to meetings and worked on it herself from home.

I also went to the doctors this week and got him to test me for thyroid problems. My mom and my 2 sisters both have Hypothyroid....so hoping to get the results from that back this coming week. Not sure if thats p

art of the problem, but I will know soon enough.

Since Thursday, I've stayed on plan and still the scale is not showing anything positive. So hoping to get something...even a half pound would give me some encouragement right now.
But hoping to have a better week. I am doing my best to stay on plan. Went out for lunch today at Wendy's....and did good...had a Ultimate Grilled Chicken and side salad and a water. I am proud of myself for not going for the burger and fries given how I have been feeling lately, it would have been so easy to go for the junk right now.

I think my biggest struggle has been getting in my exercise. Yesterday I did a 1-mile Walk Away the Pounds...not much, but its better than nothing, and we spent all morning walking around the mall. Today I am sore, but I will take a walk later....maybe around 40 minutes just walking around the neighborhood....better than nothing!
Well hope everyone else has a better day!

Anne
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DylanChrisDec15.jpg (48.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Dec08$06.jpg (20.0 KB, 3 views)
BarrieMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 02:55 PM   #21  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hi again, I did it! I stayed on plan yesterday through all of the junk food. I feel such a sense of accomplishment!
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:11 PM   #22  

I can't believe it, every where you look on this website you find a group of truly amazing, motivational people -- how cool is that!! I love this place, I wish I could just pipe this site into my head everytime I want a cookie!

Like everyone here I've been having my ups and downs but as the days go by my "up" days are seeming to out number my "down" days. Better than a weight loss program and FREE!! I hope everyone makes it through the weekend on an up note and settles into a great week!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:04 PM   #23  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumboot View Post
Hi again, I did it! I stayed on plan yesterday through all of the junk food. I feel such a sense of accomplishment!

can we get a WHOOOOWHOOOOOOO

good for you!! yay good for all of us!!!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:41 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone, I am new to the site and would like to meet/chat with others to keep myself motivated. I went through a divorce two years ago and I put on 100lbs via the stress. There were many nights of crying and eating whatever food that was in the house. I am a first grade teacher and at times I feel like I am out of energy and not giving my kids the best they deserve in a teacher. I will be 30 in July and would like to lose 40lbs before my big day. Looking for anyone who would like to become partners in the weight loss struggle as I need motivation and an ear to lean on at times.
teacher239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:46 PM   #25  

Hi teacher239 -- You have set a reasonable goal, I know you can do it. I'm always amazed by anyone who teaches -- I love kids, just not sure if I love them that much!!! I have a 7 year old and a 3 year old. I gained all my weight in reverse of you -- when I got married!! I gained 100 lbs and 10 years later I'm finally ready to get it off!! Drop a note anytime, I'd love to help support you -- this is such a hard thing to do but I know if you made it through such a difficult time in your life to go through a divorce, you can do this too!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 05:00 PM   #26  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Welcome Anne and Teacher! Glad to meet you guys. Post often...that is what I found out to be the key!
Monkeybabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 11:31 PM   #27  
Future Skinny Teacher!!

S/C/G: 287/238/155

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi teacher239, I teach 2nd grade and know what you mean:

I am a first grade teacher and at times I feel like I am out of energy and not giving my kids the best they deserve in a teacher.

I have a lot of weight to get off, but am just taking it in little chunks. Just changing eating habits has helped me with my kiddos, they notice the new "Pep" I have and comment frequently. This is only my 2nd week of change, I can't wait to see how I feel when I reach my goal in 2008!
Chunky Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:10 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher239 View Post
Hi everyone, I am new to the site and would like to meet/chat with others to keep myself motivated. I went through a divorce two years ago and I put on 100lbs via the stress. There were many nights of crying and eating whatever food that was in the house. I am a first grade teacher and at times I feel like I am out of energy and not giving my kids the best they deserve in a teacher. I will be 30 in July and would like to lose 40lbs before my big day. Looking for anyone who would like to become partners in the weight loss struggle as I need motivation and an ear to lean on at times.
Hi! I'm working on losing weight for my 30th too (in July as well.)
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:03 AM   #29  
Barbara

S/C/G: 272/260/170

Height: 5'10"

Sounds like everyone is having a great week! I've dropped enough to feel like I'm on the right track and am starting to work it. As far as planning my meals, I am making sure I have lots of veggies all the time. Also I love those Laughing Cow cheeses that you can spread into celery.

But the very best help in those afternoon 'throw it all out the window" times is coming to 3FC and just snacking on what you all are saying.

Thank you so much for your help, encouragement, support, guidance.......etc. Barbara
Mississippi Magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:39 PM   #30  
Former Quitter

Love seeing so many Newbies. Welcome!